13 replies to this topic

#1 Guy1298

Guy1298

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 523 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 December 2017 - 02:19 AM

I wonder who else after a good trip notices that the world changes in drastic ways, especially socially speaking. 

Perhaps it is just a delusion on my part. Haha. But, I don't think so. 

It isn't even so much that my interactions with people become more fluent. I can remain quiet and not interact with people and still notice that everyone around me is acting differently, more happily and more deeply expressive. 

This, for me, as well as other things (and the fact of the trip itself) reinforces that things are strange. The trip teaches me that the world isn't real... these changes are consistent with the world becoming happier... because actually I do want the world around me to be happier. It is as though in the trip I deconstruct reality then reconstruct it again when things come back into place, they are a bit happier, a bit more the way I feel they should be. 

Anyone else understand this? (I know some do, I'd like to hear your opinions and experiences! :) )

In particular, it makes me want to trip more and more intensely. Haha. I remember in South America an Ayahuasca shaman-sort of woman told me that merely thinking lovingly-kind thoughts helped people. I actually believe that too. Perception is strange. I remember always feeling that my family was doing terribly, then I started doing loving-kindness meditation and started to see that they we're doing better. 

In any event, the mind is complex. Perhaps reality is like what is described in some schools of Yogacara Buddhism. The world is complex enough to admit the existence of other beings in relation to one another while at the same time one perceives a true hell, while another perceives a true heaven... all functioning perfectly well. And I suppose there is a way to manipulate from where your mind sees... 

My mushroom use has verified it in small ways. As well as verified it directly via being given knowledge... but, I trust direct changes more than knowledge imparted at the peak of a trip. 

Edited by Guy1298, 05 December 2017 - 02:35 AM.

• Heirloom , Jeepster and DonShadow like this

#2 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• Black VIP
  • 10,359 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 December 2017 - 09:48 AM

There is one planet, but there are seven point five billion worlds.

~Mooji

• Guy1298, Heirloom , Jeepster and 1 other like this

#3 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 2,065 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 December 2017 - 04:18 PM

Perception is strange. 

Perhaps it is your perception that has changed, and not those of circumstance. When my perception changes, my world changes. I have a tendency to over inflate the positive and not see the negative. Usually it takes extreme happenstance to shift my reality. I would love to think that by switching viewpoints we can change others lives. Personally speaking, with as many people taking these journeys down the rabbit hole, I think the world would be a much better place if thoughts could change reality. Then again, I am just a small blip on realities doorstep and anything that makes life better is definitely worth doing alot lol. Happiness is infectious. That much I do know. (Ramble, ramble, ramble lol)

Edited by onediadem, 05 December 2017 - 04:18 PM.

• Alder Logs, Guy1298, Spooner and 1 other like this

#4 Guy1298

Guy1298

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 523 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 December 2017 - 04:43 PM

I've thought along the lines that it is just something within myself that's changed... perception, etc. That's how I reasoned with it after Ayahuasca. But, the more times I reach the point where things seem to change the more it feels that it's deeper than perception, in the world. 

Perhaps I've come upon delusions! :). 

I don't think that many people taking psychedelic journey's would factor into a perceivable change in the world. I don't see how you or anyone else sees the world. I only see in the way that I see the world. When things change drastically, no one notices the strangeness of it. But, for me it's always tied to psychedelic-use. I can fluctuate from happiness and unhappiness and not see drastic changes, but as soon as I have a deep experience the changes are drastic... no one notices, except for me. I'm of the opinion that that is because I only see people within the context of the world, they make reason in the reasonability of the apparent world (or I make reason a part of what I see in them). We make reasons for everything... If miracles happened we would reason it away. 

I'll accept that the strangeness in what I see is real. Reality isn't solid, it's bendable, breakable, and it bends in view of reasoning minds. We cannot see it and we think we understand it. We need or at least tend to think that we understand it and to objectify it. Heh. :). 

A useful, universal pattern in science or the world is really only a useful, universal pattern within your own mind!

Maybe there's an error here! I suppose that we see "the world." But, we don't see the world... right? We see. But, there is no world to agree upon... there is agreement... there's the concept of an agreed upon world... but there is no "the world"?

Edited by Guy1298, 05 December 2017 - 04:53 PM.

#5 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• Black VIP
  • 10,359 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 December 2017 - 04:43 PM

I think Mooji was quoting someone else when I heard him say, "I don't see the world as it is; I see the world as I am." 

“When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change.”

~attributed to Wayne Dyer

As to thoughts, we all have any number of any number of kinds.   Just watch them all and don't claim any of them.   They are just passing thoughts.    Be with your heart and see how each feels as they pass like clouds in a clear sky.    This is possible.    There can be an idea we have that will sit in judgment of the thoughts we see pass.   Such an idea is made of only thought too, when we see it that way.   So, to be the seeing of all experience appearing in perception, and letting it be as it is, without our self image's pretenses of either owning or rejecting what is seen, our thoughts and actions will be uncoupled from this identity bias.  What happens will be free to flow, and our hearts will influence thoughts and actions to be true.

• Sidestreet and Guy1298 like this

#6 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• Black VIP
  • 10,359 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 December 2017 - 05:37 PM

I think this comes close to the point:

[Direct Link]

• Guy1298 likes this

#7 Guy1298

Guy1298

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 523 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 December 2017 - 05:40 PM

It's probably not valuable to take these ideas too far in a seemingly reasonable world. Haha. I do wish I could take them far though. 

That last trip was very interesting, by the way. I meditated at the peak and what happened was that my mind kept on going. Intense stories of happiness, rejoicing, learning ancient things. But, I wasn't really the person doing the thinking. Very disconnected because of the meditation. Sort of giving up control... in maintaining control. 

Edited by Guy1298, 05 December 2017 - 05:56 PM.

• Alder Logs likes this

#8 Jeepster

Jeepster

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 324 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 December 2017 - 05:48 PM

I wonder who else after a good trip notices that the world changes in drastic ways, especially socially speaking. 

Perhaps it is just a delusion on my part. Haha. But, I don't think so. 

It isn't even so much that my interactions with people become more fluent. I can remain quiet and not interact with people and still notice that everyone around me is acting differently, more happily and more deeply expressive. 

This, for me, as well as other things (and the fact of the trip itself) reinforces that things are strange. The trip teaches me that the world isn't real... these changes are consistent with the world becoming happier... because actually I do want the world around me to be happier. It is as though in the trip I deconstruct reality then reconstruct it again when things come back into place, they are a bit happier,
a bit more the way I feel they should be. 

Anyone else understand this? (I know some do, I'd like to hear your opinions and experiences! :) )

In particular, it makes me want to trip more and more intensely. Haha. I remember in South America an Ayahuasca shaman-sort of woman told me that merely thinking lovingly-kind thoughts helped people. I actually believe that too. Perception is strange. I remember always feeling that my family was doing terribly, then I started doing loving-kindness meditation and started to see that they we're doing better. 

In any event, the mind is complex. Perhaps reality is like what is described in some schools of Yogacara Buddhism. The world is complex enough to admit the existence of other beings in relation to one another while at the same time one perceives a true hell, while another perceives a true heaven... all functioning perfectly well. And I suppose there is a way to manipulate from where your mind sees... 

My mushroom use has verified it in small ways. As well as verified it directly via being given knowledge... but, I trust direct changes more than knowledge imparted at the peak of a trip.

Yes.
  • Guy1298 likes this

#9 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 2,065 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 December 2017 - 02:53 PM

This is a very interesting video, that sort of lines up with what your talking about..

[Direct Link]

#10 Guy1298

Guy1298

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 523 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 December 2017 - 08:17 PM

I do quite enjoy when things are different socially and I have a place in it. There are just times when I feel like I am in exactly the right place at the right time and someone comes out of nowhere and they are strangely open and I feel very useful to them, like I can show them that what they're expressing is okay and that I feel similarly, being anxious, being depressed, whatever their feeling. And I feel like I am serving them in positive ways. Quite nice. I hope to see it happen more often.

#11 Guy1298

Guy1298

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 523 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 December 2017 - 01:04 AM

Well, I believe the world does change. Especially with these last couple trips. 

I've either gotten in touch with real delusional elements, or the world does change. And in that perspective too, death isn't real, etc. All of what we cannot accept... well, maybe you guys accept it? Haha. There's no need to die, because there's nothing that can be killed. 

In it, you expect the world to fall apart. But it remains. 

I'm happy that my mind is tuned back into whatever I felt over the summer. 1g trips all the way. :). I'll do better with it this time rather than last. It's a recurring thing. Early high doses hinted at it, but I reasoned it away. Ayahuasca really showed me that it was real... very directly, but in months I reasoned it away, just took longer. This summer's trip showed it to me again, but it pushed me too far. With these doses, I should be able to moderate my use and maintain it. I think that's a skill I need.  

#12 Heirloom

Heirloom

Quantum Particle

• OG VIP
  • 4,551 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 December 2017 - 02:02 AM

Guy when you said

"Haha. I remember in South America an Ayahuasca shaman-sort of woman told me that merely thinking lovingly-kind thoughts helped people. I actually believe that too."

That resonated in me as I believe it and have seen ones powerful good thoughts expressed by another who was tuned into the moment.

I mean a person was sitting in a waiting room with strangers and noticed sensed vibe , the people were uncomfortable around strangers especially in silence. They talked to a woman with a 2 year old they talked to the kid the kid was not amused. This guy did not speak he sat there with goods thoughts sending them out on some timeless wavelength. The guy looks at the people then the toddler , who immediately stopped fussing stood up and danced smiling and giggling looking directly at the "positive transmitter". They looked at this guy perplexed at what they saw happen. They seemed to get some relief when the toddler "broke the ice". The problem might of been Their thinking "uncomfortable" they were not at peace not comfortable in their own skin sitting in silence.

Yes I believe our positive happy thoughts have an influence on others in some way that science fails to explain.

That's the one thing from the TM group that amazed me. They wanted to get the square root of 1% of the people in a given area to meditate and there by increase happiness, lower crime just over all improve society worldwide. The square root of 1% of any number is very small in relation to the population in that area. They say studies confirm this effect is real based on polling people and checking crime rate statistics. I am not a member of TM just a guy who tries to meditate but not nearly enough.

I would venture a bet that if a person focused on happy thoughts &peace that they would soon see they are helping those around them, a smile in passing can be very powerful and have a tremendous positive effect on a stranger.

I do enjoy reading every ones thoughts, often I feel like I am learning or being reminded, as well as a kindred spirits feeling. That's the vibe Mycotopia sends out, we are kindred spirits. I find language to be a hinderance to sharing some very deep thoughts words can cause misunderstanding. People can describe the same thing and feel divided because some one uses different words different symbols to define the same thing. I suppose science fiction defines this as the difference between talking and a Vulcan mind meld. I need to still my mind so I can receive the pure thoughts and understand completely of course then I can transmit peace.
  • Alder Logs and Guy1298 like this

#13 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• Black VIP
  • 10,359 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 December 2017 - 11:33 AM

With what I have been picking up here and there about the measurable electromagnetic field of the heart being measurable out many feet from the body, and also the fact that the heart has its own set of neurons and in the neural traffic between the heart and brain, more activity is seen in a heart-to-brain direction than the other way around, it is not surprising that beings within our bodies' locale could have a sense of our present disposition.    Maybe the Vulcans are all about mind, but perhaps our natural state is all about heart, and it was a 'Human heart meld' that took place in that waiting room.  

Could we all be transmitters, but coupling to the wrong antenna?   The mental decision to have peaceful thoughts, is that going to lead to a condition of peace if competing thoughts must be pushed aside?   An experience of a peaceful heart; is that the product of thinking, or of a quiet mental state?  

The mind is going to have whatever thoughts that arise.   Can we bring our center of awareness down to the heart level and just let the mental track do what it will do, and we, more watching, not so much engaging?   The busy rational mind is sort of a figure-it-outer that rarely figures it out.   That is not going to be the domain of peace.   When we know peace, it's never in the form of a thought, though thoughts can reflect a peaceful condition.   The thought is not the peace.  The next thought might be a worry that you left the stove on at home.  

By being in our peaceful heart of hearts, the wild and crazy thought generator can be watched.   Watch it enough from the eternally quiet place and pretty soon we stop going with every twist and turn with which it has learned to jerk us around.    The energy it does all that jerking with is ours to give it, or not.   We can eventually learn that we are more a peaceful awareness in the heart than the endless thought stream in the mind.   When the mind wants the energy of our attention and we calmly ignore it, opting for the quiet openness of the heart, the thought stream begins to lose hold on our energy.  The quiet which is always present behind all of it becomes more what's known. 

The quiet man or woman in the waiting room is available, not being all caught up in his/her own thought stream.    It's not necessarily a peaceful thought that catches the attention, but simply the peace of that body's transmitting heart field.   The stormy thought environment sits on top of an open and empty sea of peace.   But here, one's emanations aren't carrying an uncomfortable distrusting position, because this one sees that he/she is not that, and peace and quiet is available because of having no such position.  

So, who and what are we?   Are we our troubled stories and suspicious thoughts, or are we the open and empty awareness of the child we have buried deep under what we think we have learned and know?  

With all these worlds which we have seen through these conditioned minds, isn't it the greatest blessing that worlds change? 

Edited by Alder Logs, 11 December 2017 - 12:22 PM.

• Guy1298, Heirloom and DonShadow like this

#14 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 660 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 December 2017 - 06:17 PM

If you view the world through your ego you get the view of your world that your ego sees.

Mushrooms kill ego. 

I actually got on a positivity trip recently.  I heard this lecture.  Well actually it was the coast to coast episode I listened to on my last big ass trip.  Part of the show was about positivity and manifesting positivity.  I figured well hell I'm just sitting around growing shrooms trying to either get better or get disability so I've got the time might as well try it.

I made it about a week then realized I live in a fucking ghetto and it fucking sucks.  So its a balance basically .

Changing the world is hard.  Changing yourself is much easier.  Or moving.

I will say though one issue I've been having a lot lately is I do find it makes it much harder for me to interact with others.  People so stuck in egos with their small ego based ideas really just don't do anything for me anymore.  But you know that's ok because I feel I was put on this Earth for science and shit.  I've always known that you will never find happiness in another person.  But the shrooms remind me of that.

My solution is to put my life force into my science.  Putting a bunch of energy into other people is usually wasted unless you are building a home for someone who's house burned down but lets face it few of us ever do shit like that.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!