12 replies to this topic

#1 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 2,065 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 December 2017 - 03:25 PM

I want to start a thread that focuses on different viewpoints to dive deeper into ourselves in order to become more connected and aware of and with one another. 

I will start with these videos..

[Direct Link]

[Direct Link]

[Direct Link]

Edited by onediadem, 06 December 2017 - 03:28 PM.

#2 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• Black VIP
  • 10,359 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 December 2017 - 04:01 PM

Watching the first one; it is clearly coming from a materialist viewpoint, as even while it nods to consciousness being prime, it still sees consciousness coming out of matter, whatever it is, and not the other way around. 

Every possible chunk of information exists, including the ones that perfectly describe the moments of consciousness we experience from one moment to the next.

No "chunk" describes the whole.  No information is complete.  Experience arises in consciousness.   Consciousness is prior to all experience, or it could not be perceived as experience.

There are no "states of consciousness," only consciousness alone, in which states are imagined to be.   Consciousness never is not.  States come and go.

There can be no "moment of consciousness."  Consciousness is presence, presence beyond any possibility of interruption.  There is no experience outside of presence.   A memory of a past experience is present experience, limited through a limited perception, a mental perception that thinks to make time so as to present its idea of a past to present consciousness. 

...very complex structures are required for consciousness to exist...

Again, cart before the horse.   We are supposed to be a thinking machine before this thing called consciousness is.  Consciousness is eternally in the present, and everything arises out of It.   We take a finite vantage and everything appears finite.  

The video tell us that there exists an infinite "pattern of quantized moments of experience," and this after telling us that time is an illusion.   Outside of our notion of time there can be no moments.   This can be known by the experience of awareness, which is only aware, only in presence, and not any kind of thing.   All the things arise in awareness.   If we just take the vantage of present awareness, this is our perceiving. 

#3 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• Black VIP
  • 10,359 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 December 2017 - 04:14 PM

Shit, the other two are long ones!  Later, maybe.

• onediadem likes this

#4 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 2,065 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 December 2017 - 04:15 PM

I didn't get the materialist vibe from it. Interesting. Mind you, I do not agree with 100% of everything being said. I am exploring idea's and wanting others input. You know, a share here, a share there. Debates are good also!

• Myc likes this

#5 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• Black VIP
  • 10,359 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 December 2017 - 04:21 PM

Debates are good also!

No they're not! *

* Tip o' the hat to Monty Python's Flying Circus.

• onediadem and Juthro like this

#6 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 2,065 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 December 2017 - 04:29 PM

I love Monty Python, and the off the chart debates they would have.

• Alder Logs likes this

#7 paracelsusgold

paracelsusgold

Neophyte

• Free Member
  • 41 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 05:29 PM

hello dia and you sure have been on this site for awhile and thanks for writing to me. i have been studying the teachings of Paramahansa Yogananda for many years of the Self-Realization Fellowship and are you familiar with these  teachings? thanks for the message about asking you stuff. where should i do that? i have not watched these videos yet but intend to. i study alot of natural magic and occult stuff from my very excellent library and am now reading the works of Cornelius Agrippa and Thomas Vaughn two great spiritual magicians who were brilliant i think. i pray alot and meditate and try to obtain wisdom that way. i also am a vegan and that helps. peace and light to you brother ronkay :smoking-hookah:  :hookah:

#8 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• Black VIP
  • 10,359 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 December 2017 - 05:55 PM

I am afraid I had to bail on the second vid at about 17 minutes in.   Starting the third one now. 

Though an interview and not exactly a documentary, I am moved to post this video that I have watched twice in the past few days.   Being as how the second video was so focused on the future, I offer this astrologer who is well anchored in the present, and presents possible outcomes which still can go in any way.   Keep in mind that this interview was on August 7th, and see what has been happening since, especially in Saudi Arabia.  

[Direct Link]

Edited by Alder Logs, 06 December 2017 - 05:56 PM.

#9 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• Black VIP
  • 10,359 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 December 2017 - 07:19 PM

I made it only fifteen minutes into the third one.   I did try.   Right at the start it seemed to me to be leading straight to panpsychism. 

I will offer these two videos, again, sorry, not documentaries, but simply explanations without all the extra video production.

[Direct Link]

[Direct Link]

• onediadem and coorsmikey like this

#10 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 2,065 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 December 2017 - 10:07 PM

Those are good. I have to finish the second one when I get back home. Have plants to take care of right now. 

#11 FluffyPowerSmurf

FluffyPowerSmurf

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 68 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 03:30 AM

The third one, I'm at 40:00 right now and had I not experienced 90% of everything to that point, the other night I'd be like 'blah, blah, blah..."  but I'm like ok, you put it better than I could, or maybe I could put it better but yeah... GET OUT OF MY HEEEEAAAAAAD!!!

LOL!

• onediadem and Alder Logs like this

#12 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• Black VIP
  • 10,359 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 December 2017 - 01:40 PM

I tried some more of the third one.  Even the title, Consciousness Mechanics, is so, so....    Fuck!   

As I took it in, I just kept coming back to this quote I love so much:

"The discovery of truth is in the discernment of the false.
You can know what is not.

What is - you can only be."
~Nisargadatta Maharaj

As the experienced activity of perception, of being, all that arises in perception can be seen to not be what I am, what I am existing as.  The experienced activity is arising out of awareness itself, which is far from anything which could be cornered or nailed down as any entity having a mechanics.   We are the being, and if there is a reality, it is in the seeming activity (or happening) which can be experienced in the constant fact of being, and not that which is occurring or passing objectively in awareness.   Even perception and experience arise only in awareness. 

We can even see that seeing is seemingly taking place.   We are the seeing (even of seeing) that is the first on the scene, not as a thing, but as an activity, as being.   We don't become what is true by taking on a form or being defined.  These are in and of the domain of false identity.   To not be what we believe, and to actually be what we are, is an act of incredible honesty, a dying of the false identity (which of course is only a virtual dying, as it only ever could have had a virtual life).    We can bhttps://mycotopia.ne...8_1336_639.jpgecompletely honest and say, "I am."  When we say, "I am this or that,"  the bullshit story begins.

gallery_102948_1336_639.jpg

* Image credit: TVCasualty

Edited by Alder Logs, 10 December 2017 - 05:33 PM.

• onediadem likes this

#13 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 660 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 December 2017 - 06:35 PM

I didn't get the materialist vibe from it. Interesting. Mind you, I do not agree with 100% of everything being said. I am exploring idea's and wanting others input. You know, a share here, a share there. Debates are good also!

Its too bad there isn't a vending machine some place we can go get all the answers.  Although history does at least claim that once in a while people show up with all the answers.  Then people kill them.

You have to look for truth like looking for gold in a river.

• onediadem likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!