First, let me preface this by saying this is not my recipe.
All credit goes to Brandon O at homebrewtalk.com.
The half beer half cider favorite at the Firerat residence. I've probably made 400 gallons of this stuff over the years.
5 Gallon Recipe:
Clean fermenting yeast (I use Safale-05, but Nottingham works good too)
1 oz torrified wheat
0.5 lbs of Crystal 60L malt
4 gallons all natural no preservative apple juice or cider
1 gallon water
2 lbs of DME (dry malt extract)
0.5 oz of Cascade hops (you can use whatever you want but keep the AA% below 8% or it will be way too bitter)
1. Steep the 60L and torrified for 30 minutes in .75gal of 155°F water
2. Rinse (sparge) with .25 gal of 170°F water.
3. Add DME and bring to boil (watch the boil over!!)
4. Once you have a rolling boil, add hops and boil for 30 minutes.
If you want the graff to be clear, cool the wort to 70°F. Personally I don't care and just mix it hot.
5. Add wort to fermentation vessel along with the juice and mix.
6. Pitch yeast
Ferment 2 weeks at around 68°F.
I found aging at least a few months help mellow out some of the tartness, especially if I used a cheaper juice. But it will be drinkable at 2 week.