4 replies to this topic

#1 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 2,065 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 December 2017 - 09:36 PM

They are now saying that the fires were purposely set by the mexican cartels to thwart the legalization of MJ at the new year. I am also hearing big pharma is involved also. Has anyone else heard this elsewhere? The fires here are insane right now.

• Skywatcher likes this

#2 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 5,370 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 December 2017 - 11:00 PM

I fear with every wind gust, presently hitting 50+ mph. I am suspicious of the one that began this morning at 5 AM off the 405, but have heard no rumors about the origins of the first 3 main ones. The wind blows out of the pass directly at me, so any blaze that starts uphill, will fly directly into me.

I have been through that once and care not to repeat. With 70+ mph gusts as predicted for tonight and tomarrow. there is no way to fight a fire. 

I am not discrediting the rumor, but do not see how wildfires into areas with homes does anything to counter the legalization. Its already a done deal, and if I am not in error, most of the supply is local anyway, and not dependent on mexico. 

I would not be so quick to say big pharma is above anything..................................

Bastards

• Hash_Man and Juthro like this

#3 Baphom3t

Baphom3t

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 255 posts

Donator

Posted 06 December 2017 - 11:07 PM

I have a son not even 20 miles away from that area, they are O.K for now but may have to evacuate.....I don't have to much more detail than that and it worries me. I hope that it can be gotten under control soon, which from what I am being told by him is worrisome and it makes me worry about my boy.

Edited by Baphom3t, 06 December 2017 - 11:08 PM.

• firerat and Skywatcher like this

#4 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 5,296 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 December 2017 - 12:38 AM

My thoughts and prayers for all those in the line of fire, so to speak.

Stay safe y'all.
  • Skywatcher likes this

#5 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 2,065 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 December 2017 - 03:57 AM

Apparently, thousands of acres of weed has been obliterated. The bill will still roll through, but will not be much threat if there is no product. You are in my thoughts hoping you stay safe Sky,  and Baphom3t, I hope your son stays safe, and everyone else who could be affected by this. My daughters sister facility burned down and they had to evacuate over 300 patients. She was worried she would not be able to get home to Santa Barbara after visiting me over the weekend because both ways were closed. She was able to get through today though. This is an odd time of year for fires. I hope no one gets hurt.

• Skywatcher and Juthro like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!