• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 sirvang

sirvang

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 01:44 AM

Post your experience with ego loss, or a way you have of overcoming fear or anxiety while experiencing that said loss
  • Alder Logs likes this

#2 Jeepster

Jeepster

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 365 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 December 2017 - 10:28 AM

Ayahuasca was a real ego buster for me, and destroyed the demons that were holding me down; so much happier and at peace. After vanquishing the ego, and the demons, my Ayahuasca journey, and trips with Lucy have been incredibly positive and enlightening, I am not experiencing depression much anymore, and my PTSD is under control.

Edited by Jeepster, 11 December 2017 - 10:37 AM.

• coorsmikey, Samwise, Alder Logs and 2 others like this

#3 sirvang

sirvang

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 02:28 AM

I have heard of research in the field of depression, and having said depression being treated by mushrooms. Do you feel lsd can achieve these same results? I heard they are pressing to pass laws in Cali that would allow mushrooms to be used in medical science for that purpose
  • phlegmbae likes this

#4 Marleyahu

Marleyahu

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 246 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 08:26 PM

I have heard of research in the field of depression, and having said depression being treated by mushrooms. Do you feel lsd can achieve these same results? I heard they are pressing to pass laws in Cali that would allow mushrooms to be used in medical science for that purpose

I personally feel that this kind of help is achievable through mushrooms due to the fact that they are an all natural hallucinogen. I don't think that LSD would have the same effect. I have done them both and while I may feel spiritually enlightened after an LSD trip it never really helped me to conquer any inner demons. I have however done so with mushrooms and DMT

I used to have a depression problem and I feel that mushrooms really helped me in a very positive way. There is something inside the mushroom trip that was just never there in an LSD trip IMHO. As Terrance Mckenna spoke of, there is some kind of entity inside the mushroom that he considered to be his teacher. I kind of always felt the same way even before ever finding out about Terrance. 

I would assume that this entity is closely related to mother ayahuasca in a way although I have never done aya. It seems these naturally hallucinogenic plants have a deep connection to humans in ways that something like LSD never could. The chemical compounds found in them are compounds naturally found in the human body and I think that this has a large part of it. There is definitely something special about these plants, that is for sure. I would really like to hear about anyones experiences with LSD and helping their depression though. Just because it didn't work for me doesn't mean it wouldn't work for someone else.

Ayahuasca was a real ego buster for me, and destroyed the demons that were holding me down; so much happier and at peace. After vanquishing the ego, and the demons, my Ayahuasca journey, and trips with Lucy have been incredibly positive and enlightening, I am not experiencing depression much anymore, and my PTSD is under control.

I have heard a lot of mixed signals about mother aya. I would dearly like to try it but am hesitant to do so at the same time because of the fear of what the trip may endure for me. I would like to hear about the experiences you've had with it if you wouldn't mind. I'm not really sure how to prep it or anything. I would hate to make it extremely strong my first time doing it and scare myself off of it. 

My experiences I have to say though didn't effect my ego. At least I don't think so. I have never really had much of one to begin with, I never had bad anxiety either. However I have found that DMT, LSD, and psilocybin have all provided me with amazing spiritual quests and I personally think that this is the only reason to use the substances. Anything just for fun is abuse IMHO. Every time I do something it is to try an gain something from the experience and I believe that is why DMT and psilocybin have helped my depression so well. I wouldn't say that it got rid of my depression but in a sense it helped me to understand what in my life and in myself caused this depression and that in itself has helped me deal with it a lot. Ever since I have started to grow my own mushrooms it has seemed to give me an even more spiritual connection to them. Not that they have been any more potent or anything like that. There is just this mutual respect for something that you took care of that seems to now be taking care of you.

Looking forward to reading everyone else's experiences

#5 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 12,763 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 December 2017 - 10:35 PM

It is my feeling that if the spiritual quest is the motivation, one can take it out of the realm of a strictly entheogenic endeavor.    If it is truly the heart's desire, what chance has the ego got?   The knowing heart as the inner witness of all is never not there.   If one abides in their aware knowing as impartial witnessing, as opposed to a body/mind identification as a person, or ego, one might see only one of these is totally true.   The conditioned and made up notion of personal identity, being no more than this, its story so to speak, is being witnessed.    If one is awareness's witnessing, then what is all of that which is witnessed? 

“There is a transcendental dimension beyond language. It's just hard as hell to talk about!” 
~Terence McKenna

Indeed.  If I am allowed to appropriate language, as that is the medium here, I will use it only to point to potentials within a spiritual quest.   What lays before us as the goal is the truth of our being.   We will know the unspeakable truth by knowing the false.    The false cannot find the true.   So, the true in us is never not true.  And the false has no being other than as transient forms, which to its ideas of being, seem to have a reality.  

Even the idea of ego loss is a false idea.   What is not truth nevertheless might be temporary fact.   This is of no matter, for when the ego is finally outed for what it pretends to be but isn't, one sees there was never anything like ego to lose.    This is why the ego's spiritual quest is it bullshitting itself.    It's an idea having an idea.   It certainly is a big idea.    Grandiosity is often its realm, while the true ever remains simple.   I guess this is why Lao Tsu wrote this:

When a foolish man hears of Tao,
he laughs out loud.
If he didn't laugh,
it would not be Tao.

• phlegmbae, sparrow95 and Marleyahu like this

#6 Marleyahu

Marleyahu

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 246 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 12:42 AM

When a foolish man hears of Tao,
he laughs out loud.
If he didn't laugh,
it would not be Tao.

Great quote!

#7 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• App Administrator
  • 5,384 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 December 2017 - 06:18 AM

Moving to the spirituality forum
  • Skywatcher likes this

#8 Marleyahu

Marleyahu

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 246 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 01:57 AM

I really wish to see this thread would come back to life. I am very curious to know if these mushrooms have helped other people get over their fear, anxiety, or depression in the ways that they have helped me get over mine.

#9 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,656 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 December 2017 - 02:16 AM

use the search engine. this site is rich with the very discussion you're looking for

• Marleyahu likes this

#10 moonsafari

moonsafari

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 05:59 PM

my Last experience with Ego loss was through prolonged meditation and one of the most profound things that's happened to me.. I know i'v had similar experiences with hallucinogens when I was young as I recall enjoying becoming the wittiness / observer but didnt have the knowledge I have now to truly investigate..   its pretty apparent from an experienced  point of view why ego loss relives the stress that the mind can create and however we gain those new neural pathways once you know them they can be called on to help ant any point the ego isn't in 100% control..  

#11 sirvang

sirvang

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 03:14 AM

This was just a beginner post so I could gain access to the rest of the site. No worries
  • Spooner likes this

#12 Guy1298

Guy1298

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 767 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 January 2018 - 05:32 PM

In the summer I tripped and found a point where I no longer believed death was real. There was a day where I was driving my car outside and seeing people in their cars and walking around and I didn't see anyone in there. Like people weren't there. My ego wasn't lost. It was just manipulated and confused, incredibly high. I was in a state that was unafraid and unanxious, from that state I felt like the world wasn't real and felt that it was reasonable to die or to find my world turned-upside down. Almost bought a ticket to South America and left that day. 

That experience shows me that a wild and crazy ego is just as possible as ego-loss. And for me that means there's reason to be careful. 

Edited by Guy1298, 18 January 2018 - 05:34 PM.

#13 Mewman

Mewman

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 08:40 PM

What can i say it's a dance with energy only way i say.

• coorsmikey likes this

#14 Spooner

Spooner

Horney Toad

• Black VIP
  • 2,752 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 January 2018 - 05:00 PM

This might be the proper place to drop this interesting video about consciousness.  

Apparently evidence suggests that consciousness continues after clinical death.

[Direct Link]

In such a situation the Bardo might be a good time to hear the Tibetan Book of the Dead recited.

• coorsmikey likes this

#15 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 12,763 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 January 2018 - 08:19 PM

I'm surprised that he didn't mention instances where the physically dead person who remembers what went on while the body was in the seemingly dead state sometimes can give a visual account and describe happenings in the room, but from a vantage above what could be seen by one standing at floor level, while their body was laid out.   I have heard of cases where the revived person speaks of some item on top of a cabinet or such and the item is found where they said they saw it. 

This will suggest that consciousness and the body are not the same, when one is shown to get along just fine without the other. 

Edited by Alder Logs, 20 January 2018 - 08:41 PM.

• coorsmikey and Spooner like this

#16 Spooner

Spooner

Horney Toad

• Black VIP
  • 2,752 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 January 2018 - 08:45 PM

I have heard those reports Alder, but I have also heard them refuted, so it is not fair for me to either believe or disbelieve.

I have no interest in conformation bias towards something that may or may not be valid.

It remains a speculative hypothesis for me.

• coorsmikey likes this

#17 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 12,763 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 January 2018 - 09:09 PM

It makes for a rich search environment.

https://www.near-dea...-while-obe.html

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!