24 replies to this topic

#1 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 857 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 December 2017 - 09:25 PM

I don't know where I heard this.  Maybe it was on Coast to coast or some wacko place like that.  The idea though is that there is basically just one electron which make up all of creation.  It does this by traveling outside the realm of time and space.

Its one of those ideas which at first you kinda look at it trying to make sense of it.  Then you realize wow that's the dumbest fucking thing I've ever heard!  And it may very well be.  Still I feel its an idea worth repeating just because if you ever wanna watch someone's mental wheels spin dump this on them and watch the fireworks.

I think this was in relation to the spooky effects at a distance which Einstein poo pooed and which has later been confirmed as being reality.  The idea (proven) that when you split up an atom or electron (I forget how it works you can google it) you can separate the particles by miles or millions of miles and the effect on one affects the other.  Some smart ass then came up with the idea (Probably while high) that this is because all matter in the universe is basically just one electron moving around either really, really, really fat or outside the realm of space and time.

• Skywatcher, Spooner and Mewman like this

#2 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Passenger

• App Administrator
  • 9,134 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 December 2017 - 09:51 PM

What created the first electron before creation? Hrm.
  • Spooner likes this

#3 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 857 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 December 2017 - 07:20 PM

Sounds like you've played this game before.

#4 tuftygrasses

tuftygrasses

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 345 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 07:47 AM

I think this was in relation to the spooky effects at a distance which Einstein poo pooed and which has later been confirmed as being reality.  The idea (proven) that when you split up an atom or electron (I forget how it works you can google it) you can separate the particles by miles or millions of miles and the effect on one affects the other.  Some smart ass then came up with the idea (Probably while high) that this is because all matter in the universe is basically just one electron moving around either really, really, really fat or outside the realm of space and time.

There is a chapter in Turning Point by Fritjof Capra that talks about non local connections. It one of the most beautiful things I've ever read.
  • OysterFarmer likes this

#5 Spooner

Spooner

Horney Toad

• Black VIP
  • 2,752 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 December 2017 - 10:07 AM

The notion is that the electron bounces back and forth between the beginning and end of time, proposed by John Wheeler in a telephone call to Richard Feynman in the spring of 1940.  What we are seeing is the same electron showing itself each time it passes through the present.

https://en.wikipedia...ectron_universe

• OysterFarmer likes this

#6 Spooner

Spooner

Horney Toad

• Black VIP
  • 2,752 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 December 2017 - 10:27 AM

If the question interests you this lecture/book provides an enlightening explanation. 

https://en.wikipedia...se_from_Nothing

#7 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 15,025 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 December 2017 - 11:49 AM

To start with, what is an electron?   

So much here to experience in the seemingly so.

Anyone read this book?

gallery_131808_1351_42342.jpg

My copy came used from Powell's Books in Portland, OR.

Look who had used it!

Was it bought from his estate sale?

gallery_131808_1351_60216.jpg

Edited by Alder Logs, 18 December 2017 - 05:39 PM.

#8 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 857 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 December 2017 - 04:53 PM

Yeah what is an electron.  That is the thing where science is breaking down.  Its something we talk about on here a lot.

When you start to get small you see the lack of pixalation like you would see on a computer screen......

#9 Marleyahu

Marleyahu

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 247 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 07:29 PM

It is more like what created the loop of the electron spacetime continuum. The thoughts of John Wheeler were that everything was a part of the same electron being strung together like a long rope through spacetime. Extending onward from the present towards the future and connecting the future with the past. It is a very weird thing to wrap your head around that the future wraps back around to the past making a continuous loop of this one electron. Like each moment in time is but a small segment of this electron. One might speculate that time itself is the electron. Everything in the future Wheeler considered to be the electron and everything in the past was a positron. It seemed to him that there were far more electrons than there were positrons and that is something that we would all like to think because none of us want to think that there is less of a future than there has already been past.

It is a very interesting concept of them all linking together in a giant loop though because this means that at some point we will run out of electrons and revert back to the beginning of the positrons otherwise thought of as the beginning of time. At this point what happens to the positrons? Do they convert themselves back to electrons? Is the reason that there are more electrons than positrons the fact that as time moves on we are slowly converting the positrons of the past back to electrons of the future? Does this mean our past is our future? That we will be converted back to neanderthals by way of some catastrophic apocalypse? Is it actually going to go back to the way everything was at the beginning or is it going to be a different type of beginning? If the positrons can be changed back to electrons than maybe the happenings during the time of the original positrons will be changed as well.

I think that this constant changing of electrons into positrons is causing constant collision between the subatomic electrons and their antiparticles the positrons. These particles colliding is called annihilation. Whenever an electron and a positron collide they create photons. Unless however they collide with low energy levels then they have been known to produce heavy particles, these heavy particles are things like dark matter. These constant changes from electron to positron would provide constant collisions between the 2 and would explain the constant creation of dark matter and other matter and would be a reason that spacetime is constantly growing and will never stop. It is all just a speculation of time and what it is.

That brings me to another very good point. If time is the electron that creates everything than what is time? Surely Wheeler isn't talking about our one dimensional idea of time that allows us to plot the course of our earths rotation but instead the four dimensional Idea of spacetime. The time that we observe is far different from spacetime. Spacetime is something that is universal. It is the same everywhere and is constantly growing. This is something that would help to justify this idea of this single electron. It is still confusing to think that this single electron is what the past, present and future all consist of.

Edited by Marleyahu, 27 December 2017 - 07:38 PM.

#10 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Walk's between...

• 7,995 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 December 2017 - 11:00 PM

So if one electron makes up all of "creation", are we seeing it as finite? or does this as well continue into infinity , both directions...........................

Does the electron at the tip of my finger contain an entire universe in of itself? Is there a being on one tiny speck in that universe, that realizes there is an electron at the tip of is finger, that contains an entire universe? Is our universe but one of many, that make the tip of the finger of a being that walks n a tiny speck of a world, in an infinite universe? 

It has no beginning, and no end..................................

My father used to present this explanation of the infinite universe to me as a child. It hurt my brain to try and wrap around this, as any definition of infinity should,

#11 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 15,025 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 December 2017 - 11:49 PM

Poor, brain!  Let me know when you have defined infinity.    I know, we'll build a bigger collider.   That should do it.  

Wavicles all around, on me! 

#12 Marleyahu

Marleyahu

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 247 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 11:58 PM

Everything came from nothingness yet this nothingness has never existed

#13 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 15,025 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 December 2017 - 12:05 AM

The foundation of my brand of physics has motion in nothingness as the source of matter.    Matter arises from prematerial densities when these come into motion.   Beyond this, I offer no descriptions. 

#14 Marleyahu

Marleyahu

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 247 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 12:13 AM

But the real question is what came after the nothingness? The chicken or the egg?

#15 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 15,025 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 December 2017 - 12:21 AM

With motion, time arises as well.   Of course, my brand of physics is only a collection of wild assed guesses that I personally prefer to the status quo wild assed guesses.

• Mewman likes this

#16 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 857 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 December 2017 - 04:00 PM

But the real question is what came after the nothingness? The chicken or the egg?

The chicken and the egg argument is one of the easiest riddles out there.  Seeing as chickens (birds) evolved from reptilian dinosaurs the parent would have had to be a reptile.  A reptile that gave birth to a bird therefor the egg came first. 

How far does that analogy spread?

#17 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 857 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 December 2017 - 04:03 PM

So if one electron makes up all of "creation", are we seeing it as finite? or does this as well continue into infinity , both directions...........................

Does the electron at the tip of my finger contain an entire universe in of itself? Is there a being on one tiny speck in that universe, that realizes there is an electron at the tip of is finger, that contains an entire universe? Is our universe but one of many, that make the tip of the finger of a being that walks n a tiny speck of a world, in an infinite universe? 

It has no beginning, and no end..................................

My father used to present this explanation of the infinite universe to me as a child. It hurt my brain to try and wrap around this, as any definition of infinity should,

I see what you did there.

Attached Thumbnails

• animalhouse.jpg

#18 Marleyahu

Marleyahu

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 247 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 04:03 PM

The chicken and the egg argument is one of the easiest riddles out there.  Seeing as chickens (birds) evolved from reptilian dinosaurs the parent would have had to be a reptile.  A reptile that gave birth to a bird therefor the egg came first. 

How far does that analogy spread?

Then I raise you this question. Was it the reptile or the egg first?

#19 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 857 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 December 2017 - 05:16 PM

I already answered that.  Chickens evolved from reptiles therefor the reptile came first. 

#20 Spooner

Spooner

Horney Toad

• Black VIP
  • 2,752 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 December 2017 - 05:21 PM

Eggs for breakfast.

Chicken for dinner.

The egg comes first.

• Myc, Alder Logs and Marleyahu like this