3 replies to this topic

#1 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,448 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 December 2017 - 05:06 AM

Does anyone know what to do with wild lettuce? Mine is at the end of its second year, Ive just collected seeds and ... i dont know what to do with the plant itself. Do I juice it, make a tincture, milk it like poppy (way too f/n fiddly), dry it... or all 4? lol

I have previously only used it by chomping of a leaf or two whenever I had insomnia...

#2 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,238 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 December 2017 - 12:21 PM

dry it and make tea or smoke it for a calming effect.. you can also milk it when growing or freshly picked and smoke the sap. personally it did not do much for me as i was looking for pain relief, it does have a mellow pain reliever but not enough for my case.

• scott_1971_h likes this

#3 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,448 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 December 2017 - 05:55 PM

OK thanks, I'll hang it upside down on the line...

#4 stitchpuller

stitchpuller

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 02:11 PM

I wasn't to sure how to try to milk it when i had a patch growing, as the neighbors were always commenting on the odd plants i grew. i scored several stalks on a dry morning, and cut them down the next day. i'm terrible at chemistry and math, so extractions are not a way for me to go. i simply took the stalks, and dried them in my dehydrator.

on their own, they almost tasted like dandelion tea, with passionflower and valerian, i had a really nice calming tea. I didn't measure anything, just tossed dried stems with dried passionflower leaves and valerian root, boiled, and drank. i'd love to try it with skullflower, but all my herbs are now at another location, so i'll have to start over this year.

It is not a strong herb, i hate opiates, as they make me sick, so i was leary. i also read that they were somehow in the nightshade family. IF someone had large quantities of the latex, and could magick up some basic chemistry, there MAY be pain relief... but then again regular old store bought lettuce head cores in large quantities can do the same.

I will say too, that i initially planted 7 plants, let them grow out, and set seed. 3 years later i found it everywhere, and it was rampant. all along my street, it and the passionflower appeared much to my amusement, and kinda horror. good container plant for slightly sedating tea. NOT a good plant to just let loose inone's garden or yard.

• scott_1971_h likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!