• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 MsBehavin420

MsBehavin420

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 600 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 10:05 AM

I think your major issue here is trying to attach meaning to everything.

They are hallucinations brought on by psilocybin. That's it.

Just enjoy it man.

dmt also... Makes things go Geometric, more than fractile. Always had the wonder as to why also. Meaning is that how things are. also our vision is not as good as when you have consumed a psychedelic, does it change your line of vision?AM I SEEING PERGATORY?

DMT I've been told that there are beings on the other side, and heard about the praying mantis of lsd... Do boomers have token presence that anyone has heard about or seen?

#22 Marleyahu

Marleyahu

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 244 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 10:17 AM

I think your major issue here is trying to attach meaning to everything.

They are hallucinations brought on by psilocybin. That's it.

Just enjoy it man.

dmt also... Makes things go Geometric, more than fractile. Always had the wonder as to why also. Meaning is that how things are. also our vision is not as good as when you have consumed a psychedelic, does it change your line of vision?AM I SEEING PERGATORY?

DMT I've been told that there are beings on the other side, and heard about the praying mantis of lsd... Do boomers have token presence that anyone has heard about or seen?

A teacher  of sorts. I wouldn't say I've seen it but I definitely feel a presence there that is trying to teach me while on them. I question weather the thing or things I've "spoken to" during my DMT trip we're that of another dimension or realm or if i was just conjuring up something inside of my head to put my thoughts at ease. It certainly seemed real but I will never know. I honestly can't say I have ever heard of the praying mantis of lsd though. LSD is one of the substances that I don't feel a connection to something while on it. I really only feel that there is another being around me when I am on mushrooms, dmt, peyote, or the san pedro cactus.  

• tailsmcsnails likes this

#23 Samwise

Samwise

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 67 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 11:43 AM

Any sort of explanation for this? I've seen them, they were there on my most recent big trip. When I'd close my eyes, I could see all those geometric shapes and patterns and fractals that everyone always talks about. And that so many artists who have tripped, have created images of for us to view when sober. So while looking at them, I figured I'd try and understand it. Because I go to these places to learn. I thought I'd try to see what this part of psychedellics was all about. Couldn't figure anything out. They just sort of sit there, moving and changing. But somehow not moving or changing.

Is there any word on what they are, or what they are for? I finally gave up and just didn't find them very interesting. Its like yeah, they are there, but I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do with this. Paying attention to them didn't really get me anywhere, or teach me anything. At least not that I know of. I finally just wrote them off and opened my eyes and basically ignored them, because I didn't know anything about them or what should be done with them, if anything.

So does anyone have any idea on what they are, or what they're about?

I think a big reason why fractal/geometric patterns are so commonly reported by psychedelic trippers (across time and across cultures and with different psychedelics) is that our brains or neurons have a fractal layout, and we are tuning into this, into our internal [fractal] brain/neuronal architecture when we are tripping the lights fantastic (our brains being constructed in this way in all of us, hence the universality of this experience).

FYI:

https://www.psycholo...ractal-thoughts

Also this:

Our brains are full of fractals! In fact, they couldn't function if not for fractal geometry. The human brain comprises approximately 100 billion neurons. Amazingly, there are about 100 trillion synapses, or connections, among these brain cells. That's an average of 1000 connections for a given cell, though some neurons may only make a single connection, while others may have hundreds of thousands of synapses with cells all over the brain. The axons reach out to make synaptic connections with the dendrites of other neurons. It is the fractal branching pattern of the neuron's axons and dendrites that allows them to communicate with so many other cells. If neurons were shaped like cubes and neatly packed into the brain, one neuron could only connect with at most 6 other cells.

http://fractalfounda...FC/OFC-1-6.html

Edited by Samwise, 03 January 2018 - 04:08 PM.

• tailsmcsnails and Marleyahu like this

#24 phlegmbae

phlegmbae

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 225 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 02:29 PM

Imho, those patterns aren't hallucinations we're all having. How can it be possible to have an exact same hallucination as everyone else? Tripping isn't mass hysteria. I believe there's nothing mystical about the geometric shapes. It may seem that way for the duration of the experience. And all this talk about "Spiritual" happenings may seem real through power of suggestion. There is a plausible explanation physiologically, caused by the drugs themselves. It would be absolutely amazing to find out exactly what mechanism causes it. Maybe a neurologist could enlighten us. Idk. Are there any neurologists or brain surgeons here who may understand the chemical reactions caused by these drugs in the synapses of our neurons? With a little research into these drugs, you'll find that they cause an overload to our neurons, because our synaptic spaces are sped up incredibly fast. Hence the feeling that "it's all too much!" We all see those patterns no matter what hallucinogenic drugs we experience. Not just mushrooms. At least I do, and everyone I know does. We can believe whatever we want, I guess. Calling mushrooms the "Food of the Gods" was understandable as a way of understanding them in an ancient, uncivilized society... When people didn't know any better, but by modern day civilized society's standards, Psilocybin is a drug, and a drug is a drug is a drug. Any more than that is a matter of personal speculation. Speculation can be fun but...... be careful who you share with. It can make you seem like some sort of crackpot.  :tinfoil:  Lol! Am I being too analytical? Whatever it is...... I love it!

#25 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 11,738 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 January 2018 - 04:36 PM

How analytical is too analytical?    What is not "uncivilized society" to a thoroughly materialist mindset?   How uncivilized would it be to suggest that it's all spiritual, even the materialists?   Think about hot dogs as the food of the gods too.  

Tripping balls is no more or less spiritual than cleaning your fingernails on a cloudy day.  I usually only get the patterns with the former.

Edited by Alder Logs, 03 January 2018 - 04:37 PM.

• phlegmbae, tailsmcsnails and Marleyahu like this

#26 Marleyahu

Marleyahu

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 244 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 06:03 PM

. Speculation can be fun but...... be careful who you share with. It can make you seem like some sort of crackpot.  :tinfoil:  Lol! Am I being too analytical? Whatever it is...... I love it!

Nonsense. I take a lot of enjoyment in people thinking I'm a crackpot... Hell maybe I am one!  :rolleyes:  It seems people expect much less out of you when you make them believe such things.  :biggrin:

• phlegmbae likes this

#27 tailsmcsnails

tailsmcsnails

Fabric of Time and Dimension

• Gold VIP
  • 589 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 January 2018 - 11:56 PM

Tripping balls is no more or less spiritual than cleaning your fingernails on a cloudy day. I usually only get the patterns with the former.

Our friend drops these wisdom-bombs disguised as flippant remarks, pays to watch him closely ....
  • Marleyahu likes this

#28 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 11,738 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 January 2018 - 12:40 AM

Ever feel like you're being watched?  :ph34r:

• tailsmcsnails and Marleyahu like this

#29 Marleyahu

Marleyahu

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 244 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 05:27 AM

It's usually one if my cats.
  • Alder Logs likes this

#30 bennylava

bennylava

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 214 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 02:13 PM

Yeah and after mushrooms I'm fairly certain that its true.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!