3 replies to this topic

#1 Cigarsam

Cigarsam

Traveller

• Free Member
  • 911 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 08:45 PM

Hello,
Has anybody ever had any luck using heptane to clean up DMT ? (Brown goo)
SWIM, usually uses Naptha but wanted to try Heptane.
Doesn't look so promising.
1.6 g of Sticky spice to 75 ml of heptane and heated on an electric stove for 15 minutes and still no seperation.
If anybody has had any experience plz. pass it on.
Thanks.
20180106_203205.jpg 20180106_203219.jpg
These pictures were taken after the warm water bath to try and get some seperation but this is it now.

Edited by Cigarsam, 06 January 2018 - 08:46 PM.

#2 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 5,852 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 January 2018 - 09:00 PM

What are you expecting to separate? 

IME orange goo is just that. It will always be orange goo. If there is any Xtal left in it then you might be able to separate that from the goo. I’ll come back in minute and update with how to get white Xtal out of the goo but not change the goo into Xtal.

This is what will work for naphtha, from what I have read it should work the same for hepthane but I haven’t used it myself. Add about another 1/2 centimeter of solvent to your pickle jar. Then you want to freeze it for about 48 hours. By then you should have DMT precipitating from the solution. Dump all the liquid into another container leaving the Xtal behind. Now take the Xtal and add some more solvent. Just enough to discover the Xtal at room temp or a warm water bath of the jar. Don’t heat it up with the stove again. Once dissolved  pour it into the dish your going to use to evaporate in, then freeze precip that again or just let the solvent evaporate. What’s left should be mostly clean at the point. Good enough to scrape up and store for a rainy day.

Repeat the process with the brown solvent in poured off into the other jar. The difference is this time you will not have xtals forming in the jar, but an orange oil separating at the bottom. Treat that the same way as the first Re-X and you will end up with and orange goo that is smokable or that can be mixed with the Xtal to get the maximum yield from your extraction.

If I’m not mistaken from your other post you did an STB extraction. Either way if you use STB or A/B if you want cleaner pulls, separate the bark from the solution before you try and pull the DMT. Any bark fibers or particles that end up in your solvent when trying to do a pull will continue to dye your final product, making if more difficult to get a clean final result. Garbage in Garbage out.

Edited by coorsmikey, 06 January 2018 - 10:29 PM.

• Phineas_Carmichael, Cigarsam, skunk and 1 other like this

#3 Cigarsam

Cigarsam

Traveller

• Free Member
  • 911 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 07:40 AM

Dude, thanks you basically covered everything I was hoping for in your post.

I was looking for cleaner looking crystals.
You covered it all.
I will get to work on this asap.
Thanks.
I was beginning to think the 3 stb extractions to come up with 1.6 g would be a waste because of the lack of separation between the goo (impurities)
and the heptane. Only using 50 g of mhrb at a time.
Need to double it up using my Sep funnel if I could only get my shredded mhrb into powder form.
I will stick to using Nap instead of Hep for further re- exing.
Peace.

Edited by Cigarsam, 09 January 2018 - 07:44 AM.

• coorsmikey likes this

#4 Cigarsam

Cigarsam

Traveller

• Free Member
  • 911 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 10:27 AM

Your tek seemed to work. That 1.6 turned out to be about 1.1 of light brown sugar crystals.
Gotta use an AB tek the next time around. Thanks
  • coorsmikey likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!