• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Trian3

Trian3

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 64 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 03:09 PM

In another Mckenna discussion I listened to recently, he stated that an interesting property of psychedelic mushrooms was the ability to alter their perceived effect while under the influence.  You could effectively make them mimic other substances such as MDMA, LSD, DMT, etc.

[Direct Link]

I found the suggestion highly fascinating. Just wondering if anyone here had tried this and what their experience was.

Edited by Trian3, 07 January 2018 - 03:11 PM.

• wharfrat and Mewman like this

#2 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 5,440 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 January 2018 - 11:30 PM

I personally find that they can indeed alter their effects, but have to say that the mushrooms do the altering as they see fit, not me.

I am sure that if I was to approach the fungi teachers with an attempt to steer the experience to mimic something else, that would be the one thing that would not happen.

They seem to give what is needed, ready or not, and any attempting to control this is a sure way for me to take the lesson south.

• onediadem, mjroom and Trian3 like this

#3 Mewman

Mewman

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 01:32 AM

Yes i'd found that on lsd back in the late seventies ,that you could get it to act like peyote and connect you more with it's healing effects for lack of words .

• Spooner likes this

#4 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 10,611 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 January 2018 - 11:19 AM

Since the mushrooms so often seem to know right where to take your attention, and we see such reports from so many quarters, isn't it more likely that we, as what we really are, affect the steering?    Ar the mushrooms simply our own internal truth serum?   Set and setting is both inside and outside.   When the outer set and setting is not taking the attention, what's left but what's most intimate? 

I just watched Ram Dass' Fierce Grace last night (after finding the DVD in a thrift store).  In it they had a bit on the "Good Friday Experiment,"  with a couple of the participants looking back on it.  In that experiment, Harvard divinity students were dosed with psilocybin in a church service, in a chapel.   It was seen by most who received the active doses (as opposed to a placebo) to have been a pivotal experience in their lives, leading them to pursue altruistic paths.  

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!