• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Trian3

Trian3

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 82 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 03:09 PM

In another Mckenna discussion I listened to recently, he stated that an interesting property of psychedelic mushrooms was the ability to alter their perceived effect while under the influence.  You could effectively make them mimic other substances such as MDMA, LSD, DMT, etc.

[Direct Link]

I found the suggestion highly fascinating. Just wondering if anyone here had tried this and what their experience was.

Edited by Trian3, 07 January 2018 - 03:11 PM.

• wharfrat and Mewman like this

#2 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 5,783 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 January 2018 - 11:30 PM

I personally find that they can indeed alter their effects, but have to say that the mushrooms do the altering as they see fit, not me.

I am sure that if I was to approach the fungi teachers with an attempt to steer the experience to mimic something else, that would be the one thing that would not happen.

They seem to give what is needed, ready or not, and any attempting to control this is a sure way for me to take the lesson south.

• onediadem, mjroom and Trian3 like this

#3 Mewman

Mewman

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 01:32 AM

Yes i'd found that on lsd back in the late seventies ,that you could get it to act like peyote and connect you more with it's healing effects for lack of words .

• Spooner likes this

#4 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 11,541 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 January 2018 - 11:19 AM

Since the mushrooms so often seem to know right where to take your attention, and we see such reports from so many quarters, isn't it more likely that we, as what we really are, affect the steering?    Ar the mushrooms simply our own internal truth serum?   Set and setting is both inside and outside.   When the outer set and setting is not taking the attention, what's left but what's most intimate? 

I just watched Ram Dass' Fierce Grace last night (after finding the DVD in a thrift store).  In it they had a bit on the "Good Friday Experiment,"  with a couple of the participants looking back on it.  In that experiment, Harvard divinity students were dosed with psilocybin in a church service, in a chapel.   It was seen by most who received the active doses (as opposed to a placebo) to have been a pivotal experience in their lives, leading them to pursue altruistic paths.  

• Trian3 likes this

#5 elfstone

elfstone

Mycophage

• Black VIP
  • 186 posts

Donator

Posted 30 January 2018 - 07:29 AM

http://www.psypost.o...-suggests-50638

We have had the "research finding,” that the psilocybin experience reveals authoritarianism to be an outmoded form of human interrelatedness and our fundamental connectedness to Mother Nature, long understood, going back to the early sixties with the Leary et al studies, and made more generally available to the public by the McKenna brothers in 1976 with the release of their little manual on kitchen cultivation of the Psilocybe cubsnsis mushroom. We refer to these aforementioned initiatory insights facilitated by initial contact with the Psilocybe mushroom as the “beginner stage.” All of the current research, of necessity, due to the long hiatus caused by governmental oppression, is stuck at this “beginner” level. There remains the “intermediate” and “advanced” stages, few of which touch upon due to the rarity of the gratuitous grace of having both the necessary constitution and the requisite “blessing” bestowed upon them by persistent, committed work with the spirit in the mushroom. The government funded researchers are just now acknowledging what we all already know from the early stages of the research started in 1960 during the Harvard Psilocybin Research Project. Although I applaud their efforts in making these small inroads into the authoritarian miasma of governmental regulations, there is much for them to catch up with, including that the mushroom is an intelligent plant entity that has a teaching agenda that can draw you so deep into the rabbit hole that you transcend being completely identified with the embodied form traversing this particular reality circuit and open to the antipodes of the human consciousness; what lies above and below, within and without. There are many other dimensions of Reality that remain a challenge to communicate about by words alone, but require initiatory experience and direct contact to be fully apprehended. Government funded researchers, by definition deeply embedded in authoritarianism, are currently limited in their ability to apprehend these domains of experience, or even conceive of their possibility, due to a priori assumptions about reality that are part the authoritarian structure and the limits it places upon their thought process. The rare folks with whom I have had the opportunity to share these deeper aspects of the initiatory process have since passed on to dwell in these domains, save one close younger friend who has had the temerity to plumb the depths. Our work continues and one of these days, when time permits, more will be said about it. Meanwhile, I encourage those so inclinced to persist in plunging the depths of the Psilocybe mushroom to see directly for themselves the untapped potential of this astounding set of plant species.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Alder Logs, Spooner, DonShadow and 1 other like this

#6 DonShadow

DonShadow

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 131 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 06:42 PM

A little less than a week ago I ate a gram of Psilocybe Mexicana. This is something I've done many times before, but these trips vary in their intensity depending on what I'm able to bear at that moment. For the second time this year I was introduced to the presence of an intellect, the intellect that is attempting to realize itself through the work of those who have chosen, have been chosen, or at least those blessed enough to invest the time, energy and courage required to manifest its potential. This intellect is consciousness itself, which continues to construct its ideal body out of our own minds and the works of our hands, which are merely its prostheses. I had the experience of temporary cessation of the entire default dimensionality and emotional underpinnings of my individual soul, and floated temporarily in what seemed to be an entirely alien mode of awareness, which stretched so far into the future as to fully reunite with the present. I saw that the present state of human cognition has us trapped inside a mass of scar tissue---the wound of history. It seems it's possible to heal these scars, even use them to our advantage, though this will prove to be extremely difficult. I think that this kind of consciousness actually requires wounding in order to take shape. The memories of our flight to individualism (of which authority is a symptom) are required to understand and appreciate our wholeness--community. Just as a young adult has to run away from home and experience the crushing weight of the world's sorrows to realize the love of family, so too did humanity require a collective plunge into violence in order to realize our true nature, which is not fractured, but united, one big family sharing in the gift of our celestial home. One thing is for sure: we are not in control, we are merely bearing witness to the project of reality.

• elfstone, Alder Logs and Trian3 like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!