• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 pachamalchemyst

pachamalchemyst

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 03:34 AM

Their site has gone down multiple times, and I've seen a ton of reviews about not receiving their orders. I put an order in back in October and recieved it within the month. But is there some news or changes that anyone knows about? 
Also, have there been new law changes regarding cacti? 

• Heirloom likes this

#2 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

May your tracks be lost...

• App Administrator
  • 8,476 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 January 2018 - 06:52 PM

I haven't heard of anything new... enforcement can vary over time though, and you won't necessarily see news of it.

#3 Heirloom

Heirloom

Quantum Particle

• OG VIP
  • 4,577 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 January 2018 - 07:36 PM

I can't say what's going on with WS but there is a strategy that's been used for a while now which amounts to processors like pay pal and credit card company's refusing to do business with company's that sell various items like barks, spores and cactus. A cactus retailer I bought from can only do biz via money order and he say's it's an effort to shut down his sales of sacred cactus. pay pal has no problems doing biz with company's outside the US.

edit - who knows banks may follow suite shutting down what the US gov can't a quid pro quo I can't tell you what money institutions will get but could be less regulation increasing profits at our expense

"Cat & Cactus Heaven features the Cactus Kate® trichocereus collection. Paypal and credit card companies prohibit sales of this product. Only E-checks, Bank transfers (to pay an invoice), or other methods will work. We are setting these payment alternatives for you"https://trichocereus.com/trichocereus/

pachamalchymest got any pictures of your cactus?

I got these from Australia and very high germination rates this batch was 100%, Psych0 X Yowie a hybrid, parents are high quality.

Attached Thumbnails

• P x Y 002.JPG

Edited by Heirloom , 08 January 2018 - 07:41 PM.

• pachamalchemyst likes this

#4 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 5,852 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 January 2018 - 07:48 PM

KratomCollection is done because of Operation Chokehold, Basically like Heirloom mentions, merchant services will not allow credit/debit card payments for certain things. In some cases they are seizing accounts and shutting them down completely. Actively watching certain sites for new alias account to show up so they can shut those down too. It is also why topia can no longer have a pay now button for donations and VIP memberships. As we have found other ways to stay afloat so have many others. I haven’t been on WSS in a while but I can assure you they are still fulfilling orders for stuff that is not restricted. If that does not satisfy your question please contact me privately or even WSS.

Also I am changing the title of this thread to something less obvious to the search engines.

Edited by coorsmikey, 08 January 2018 - 07:54 PM.

• pachamalchemyst likes this

#5 pachamalchemyst

pachamalchemyst

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 10:49 PM

I can't say what's going on with WS but there is a strategy that's been used for a while now which amounts to processors like pay pal and credit card company's refusing to do business with company's that sell various items like barks, spores and cactus. A cactus retailer I bought from can only do biz via money order and he say's it's an effort to shut down his sales of sacred cactus. pay pal has no problems doing biz with company's outside the US.

edit - who knows banks may follow suite shutting down what the US gov can't a quid pro quo I can't tell you what money institutions will get but could be less regulation increasing profits at our expense

"Cat & Cactus Heaven features the Cactus Kate® trichocereus collection. Paypal and credit card companies prohibit sales of this product. Only E-checks, Bank transfers (to pay an invoice), or other methods will work. We are setting these payment alternatives for you"https://trichocereus.com/trichocereus/

pachamalchymest got any pictures of your cactus?

I got these from Australia and very high germination rates this batch was 100%, Psych0 X Yowie a hybrid, parents are high quality.

Thanks for the response. I wonder if a lot of the complaints were due to people trying to order via major banks or paypal, and the order ending up not going through or pending in their bank. I just wrote out a money order and sent it to them. 

Here's my surviving babes! They are the only seeds that survived a white fly and gnat infestation. I lost all my caapi and trich peruvianus seeds. :( Hoping it's not too late to order more caapi before october. 
These are a hybrid of juules giant x peruvianus x panchanoi. 
They are growing so fast! 
babycacti.jpg

#6 pachamalchemyst

pachamalchemyst

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 10:58 PM

KratomCollection is done because of Operation Chokehold, Basically like Heirloom mentions, merchant services will not allow credit/debit card payments for certain things. In some cases they are seizing accounts and shutting them down completely. Actively watching certain sites for new alias account to show up so they can shut those down too. It is also why topia can no longer have a pay now button for donations and VIP memberships. As we have found other ways to stay afloat so have many others. I haven’t been on WSS in a while but I can assure you they are still fulfilling orders for stuff that is not restricted. If that does not satisfy your question please contact me privately or even WSS.

Also I am changing the title of this thread to something less obvious to the search engines.

Thanks for some clarification. It's so very disheartening how difficult it is becoming to protect our sacred medicines and to explore our own consciousness. Not that I will be able to do so with my babies anytime in the near future, or even the next 10 years. But that shouldn't matter. I shouldn't have to feel anxious and afraid for something so basic to our human desires and needs. Controlling seeds and plants that we have evolved with for millions of years seems so shallow and weird to me. 

I'm sure a lot of the order issues I was reading about were issues with peoples' banks or pay pal. Maybe pending or something. I received my orders quite quickly. I sent in a money order. They did leave out a couple of things, but with communication I received them within the week. 

• coorsmikey likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!