• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Plant

Plant

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 130 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 09:32 PM

I have tried many variations on Ayahuasca, and had pretty good experiences with various combinations. I prefer the traditional , but as we all know, mimosa and acacia are way cheaper and stronger. I had been using a harmine/harmaline HCL powder plus mimosa or acacia mostly, and it had purging effects on me and nausea , but it was OK as long as I used the cold water soaking method (with a little lemon juice). I recently switched to pure harmine , which was actually FB but I put it in a capsule to swallow. Then I took the strained tea (1 teaspoon of powdered acacia) about 15 minutes later. Since I have switched to that formula I have had the most miserable "hangover" the next couple of days - I ache all over like I've got the flu and I feel weak ! 

Any thoughts on this ? Could it be the harmine FB ? Or might it be bad acacia? I got it from Beautiful Acacia store.

#2 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,834 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 January 2018 - 09:14 AM

just guessing here

allergy to one of the plant materials?

allergy or other malady from chems or other materials used in the extractions?

the illness and discomfort didn't show up during the trip but after?

• Plant likes this

#3 Plant

Plant

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 130 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 05:07 PM

No, I felt alright during, but next day had aches . I suppose the harmine might be dirty, usually people sell it harmine./harmaline  mixed . It may be the refining or whatever the guy is doing may not be perfectly clean.  But I am only guessing myself, as I have no idea how such things are made anyway.

#4 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,834 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 January 2018 - 06:53 PM

another guess

a bad reaction between the MAOI and something in your diet the days before or the day after

• Plant likes this

#5 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 3,932 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 January 2018 - 07:19 PM

I was going to say the same thing Pharmer. If you forgot and drink a beer, or wine, or there was cheese in that quiche... Any aged or fermented stuff need to be avoided for 48 hours after using Harmine compounds.
  • coorsmikey and Plant like this

#6 Plant

Plant

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 130 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 12:54 AM

Thanks for the input guys. I guess my experience is rare. I never eat most of the things on the maoi diet list, but I do eat cheese. 

#7 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• App Administrator
  • 5,437 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 January 2018 - 09:24 PM

Moving to botanicals

#8 Plant

Plant

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 130 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 05:57 PM

Whenever you admins move my threads they never get another response ever. Moving my thread kills it every time.

#9 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,350 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 January 2018 - 07:15 PM

The Mods do a really fine job here of trying to keep things organized. Their is no malicious intent in moving your threads, they are just trying to put things where they think they belong. You should be able to learn from it though, so that your more inline with the way we like to organize here.

Anyone who his clicked 'follow this topic' should still be able to find it, and be informed when there is new content.

If your worried people cant find a moved thread, a simple 'BUMP' (this comment just did that for you) brings it back to the top of the pile to catch their attention.
  • coorsmikey likes this

#10 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,834 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 January 2018 - 09:08 PM

Whenever you admins move my threads they never get another response ever. Moving my thread kills it every time.

Actually I was about to bump it. Surprised that nobody else was taking a guess at the cause of this.

• Plant likes this

#11 Plant

Plant

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 130 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 10:38 PM

I have tried posting my questions or topics in the botanicals section, but they get no response so I end up posting in the general forum anyway. 

#12 JanSteen

JanSteen

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 204 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 January 2018 - 01:35 PM

It's flu season.. You've been doing drugs that take a toll on a body's system..
If what I read is correct, acacia causes vasoconstriction upon application, meaning that if you drink it, your intestines closest to the drug will be heavily affected and (at least to some extent) will be doing less of a good job.

1+1=2.. It doesn't seem that far fetched. It's either a flu, or a system overload/malfunction.

However, seeing the vast amount of sources of tyramine on it's wikipedia page, it could've been basically any food that has caused this as well.
  • Plant likes this

#13 Samwise

Samwise

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 99 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 04:50 PM

My suspicion is the harmine freebase, the issues didn't start until then it seems. Maybe try switching back to the harmine/harmaline mix and seeing how you fare with that. I think the mix of harmala alkaloids is more "natural" in a sense...those alkaloids occur together in varying proportions in both ayahuasca vibe and Syrian rue, so perhaps one is better off having the mixture (and the possible synergy between them) as oppose to one compound in isolation. Large doses of harmalas can be hard one's system, I have had hangover like effects from large doses of Syrian rue extract (fuzzy in the head the next day). The dietary concerns regarding beer/wine/cheese and harmala compounds are overstated...the beta-carboline alkaloids only have an MAOI half life of a few hours in one's system, while best to play it safe, much of the dietary guidelines were geared towards irreversible pharmaceutical MAOI's, which stay in one's system for much longer, and pose more of a risk when it comes to potential dietary or drug interactions.

• coorsmikey and Plant like this

#14 Plant

Plant

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 130 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 06:21 PM

Well, I waited a long time to try again with same components, and it happened again. I feel like I got beat up and have a hangover at the same time. My symptoms are swelling of joints, most notably knees, red blotchyness on my chest and inner arm. Slight fever and achy all over, but especially my neck and shoulders. I have been Googling for what my symptoms could be, and I am thinking it's either an autoimmune response or a thyroid reaction. I never got this with caapi, rue extract, or even standard harmine/harmaline powder. 

As a matter of fact, one of my first experiences with acacia was shredded bark, and I was a newbie at it and boiled it, to make sure I got all the good out of it. I boiled an ounce, enough to take me to deep space and leave me there, lol. I didn't have harmaline powder then, just a crude rue extract, so called 10x. The rue didn't work, but I didn't know enough about it at the time to discern what the failure was, so I drank llike half the tea I made- a teaspoon is enough for me if the maoi is working. I must have drank 14 grams worth of tea. I told that long story to say this : I didn't get sick at all from that tea. So either the maoi has to work for the bad stuff in acacia to hurt me, or all the bad effect was the harmine FB powder I took.

#15 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,834 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 February 2018 - 07:02 PM

sounds exactly like what gluten does to me

ever looked into that?

Maybe the extract is laced with a filler made of gluten - or something else you're seriously buggered by

#16 Plant

Plant

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 130 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 07:27 PM

@pharmer - I literally live off bread and it isn't that.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!