Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Holy Shit! YOU can make a quantum battery!!!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 3,315 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 January 2018 - 10:02 PM

A quiet revolution? Quite possibly.

What I Am talking about is silicon crystal batteries that you can actually make yourself. These are batteries that CHARGE FROM THE QUANTUM VACUUME!!! Or so the theory goes.

The fact that these work and you can prove it yourself is amazing! These are crude renditions of the device. There are already people creating these as sheets combined with graphine based super capacitors. Together you can achieve high power applications with essentially free energy.

Holy fuck! The implications!! Watch the video and build one yourself!

[Direct Link]

Edited by SteampunkScientist, 11 January 2018 - 10:36 PM.

• coorsmikey, Skywatcher, Alder Logs and 1 other like this

#2 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 3,315 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 January 2018 - 10:49 PM

So just mixing some household chemicals reveals that crystals can be grown that possibility pull quantum electrical potential from the vacuum. A very small, but actually useful amounts.

Now imagine the labs that grow silicon crystals for integrated circuits applying the technologies they have to improve this thousands of fold...

You literally would not need power in your house. Every device would power itself. No plugs, or wires at all. Instead of power plants and wires, each device becomes battery powered, with a battery that never runs out of charge.

The problem, of course is, if this is real, the implications are that the energy sector of our global economy would face changes that will not be welcomed by certain powerful interests.

Naturally, I hope it is truly quantum vacuum just for that reason.

It could just be an ultra slow chemical reaction dry cell. The fact that a magnesium adnode and copper cathode makes me think this is more likely, unfortunately.

Edited by SteampunkScientist, 11 January 2018 - 10:51 PM.

• Skywatcher and Juthro like this

#3 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 12,304 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 January 2018 - 11:58 PM

What needs to be done is an material analysis of the electrolyte after some run time.  Samples taken near the anode and cathode should soon show what chemical changes, if any, are taking place.  Also, one could weigh the cathodes and anodes when fresh, and after some time of operation to see if there is any changes, accretion or degradation.   If such chemical changes are happening, the battery is likely to be running down.   If it's just a merry-go-round for electrons with some mysteriously added pep, then we're onto something.

Edited by Alder Logs, 11 January 2018 - 11:59 PM.

• Skywatcher, Juthro and SteampunkScientist like this

#4 Spooner

Spooner

Horney Toad

• Black VIP
  • 2,752 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:40 AM

Words are such funny things.

Call this thing quantum battery and everyone gets excited.

But call it chemical battery and everyone yawns.

Reminds me of a fifth grade science project where we made a battery out of a nail and a penny.

It was more exciting when I was 10 than it is today...yawn.

P.S. And for all you young folks out there, pennies used to be made entirely of copper. 

Copper coated zinc discs used to be called "slugs" and were illegal.

Now the same disc is manufactured by the USA government and relabeled "money".

We call that progress, the same way a chemical battery progresses to become a quantum battery.

Edited by Spooner, 12 January 2018 - 10:54 AM.

• SteampunkScientist likes this

#5 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 6,399 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 January 2018 - 02:13 PM

I agree with Alder, in that it needs greater research to see what is really going on. If you hear the guy talking about how the magnesium slug was being pushed out of the copper cap on the unit that he had running for years time tells me there is something going on there.

With the size and bulk of his cathode and anode it should run a long, long time. But what I see at a glance is a chemical battery.

[Direct Link]

• Spooner and SteampunkScientist like this

#6 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 3,315 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 January 2018 - 06:41 PM

Yeah, most likely... But even so, if you're able to make a chemical battery that can produce large currents for a very long time, it really doesn't matter, does it? Batteries may well be the answer to the energy crisis...

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!