• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 gskidmor

gskidmor

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 02:26 PM

Work and family have interrupted my ability to keep a close eye on my tubs and two had the mushrooms go crazy, i.e., they opened up and dropped a lot of spores. They still picked nicely, but they didn't feel as firm to the touch as they do when they're "younger"/at an earlier stage of development.

Looking at the pics attached, are they still good to consume? I've already dried them out over night just in case they were.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0769.jpg
  • IMG_0768.jpg

#2 sinful

sinful

I'm a Ninja

• OG VIP
  • 284 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 03:10 PM

You could send them to me and I’ll let you know the results!

#3 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 6,257 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 January 2018 - 03:28 PM

They look good to me :)
  • gskidmor likes this

#4 Hash_Man

Hash_Man

Old Codger

• OG VIP
  • 2,519 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 January 2018 - 03:30 PM

problem is I don't think anyone would want to give you advise that their fine to eat I mean really would you? then would you really go ahead and eat them on the advise of someone you don't actually know? Essentially as far as any of us know is we're just some guy (or gal) on the fourms . .

edit: on top of what I just said they look like they got more than a touch of vert.

Edited by Hash_Man, 12 January 2018 - 03:35 PM.

• gskidmor likes this

#5 outoforder

outoforder

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 134 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 05:33 PM

they look good to me as well...

• gskidmor likes this

#6 gskidmor

gskidmor

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 06:55 PM

@hash_man: I think what I meant to say and what I would assume most would mean is:

"has anyone let their fruit go this far and tried them and got the results we're all looking for?"

What does vert mean? The dictionary has it as meaning green as in deer food: https://www.merriam-...dictionary/vert

But in general, if I've tried something and it worked for me, I would definitely give that info. I hope most on the web understand it's nature, i.e., this isn't academically scientific, but I'm ok with anecdotal evidence!

#7 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,077 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:19 PM

they definitely gone a lil too long but they look fine to me and will work as they should. i don't see any signs vert (verticillium), just neglected mushrooms, lack of fresh air exchange.

• coorsmikey, Juthro, peacefrog and 1 other like this

#8 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 6,257 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:58 PM

I would agree that they look like they went a little long before picking, but I've used uglier looking shrooms then that to make tea, and it worked just fine :)

And 'vert', is short for verticillium, and it is a parasitic fungus. It thrives in very high RH% and low FAE. And it does look like you could have benefited from some more FAE.

But hay, you got useable fruit, and you learned somethings. In my book this would be marked as a successful grow.
  • wharfrat and peacefrog like this

#9 gskidmor

gskidmor

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:09 PM

I definitely have a problem with my air exchange. If you look at the tubs, I only have the small holes in the sides covered with the pore tape and I have no fans running on them.

Thanks guys!

• Juthro and wharfrat like this

#10 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:09 PM

I've had some look like that. Right to the dehydrator they went.

#11 gskidmor

gskidmor

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 12:53 AM

Can confirm - they still work ;-)

Almost done with 2 grams. The world is great (and so were my fungal friends)!!

• peacefrog likes this

#12 peacefrog

peacefrog

Peaceful Frog

• 2,049 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 January 2018 - 06:03 AM

Glad you enjoyed the fruits of your labor. They were just spitting out a ton of spores and I agree with all who said they didn’t look like Vert hit um, I don’t see it either really.
  • gskidmor likes this

#13 Hash_Man

Hash_Man

Old Codger

• OG VIP
  • 2,519 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 January 2018 - 08:35 AM

well looks like vert to me, in defence yeah they still can be eaten (if their not all mushies and stinky) but what I'm seeing them growing irregular directions and weird bending downward growth on the same fruit that displays classic vert striping, some of the fruit in the first picture one or two look ready to split. in the second picture of the fruits thats left, one fruit having that banana peel splitting effect and an other with irregular bubble on affected fruit near the cap.. to me not on all fruit body's but that's more than a touch of vert. but glad everything turned out for the OP, and you able to experience the fruit of your efforts

Edited by Hash_Man, 13 January 2018 - 08:56 AM.

• gskidmor likes this

#14 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

Captain Fruit Bat

• OG VIP
  • 11,096 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 January 2018 - 09:58 AM

https://mycotopia.ne...thanol-extract/

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!