This is great. Thanks for sharing.

• Sidestreet likes this

#62 stoogie

stoogie

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 149 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 02:48 PM

Fantastic work, thank you this is really good. Is this a verified unanimous approach from all the best bits of the forums? Great to have the history to the PFTek. Such a good idea. Why are 1/2pint jars best out of interest.

#63 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

This motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 12,221 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 March 2018 - 03:01 PM

Fantastic work, thank you this is really good. Is this a verified unanimous approach from all the best bits of the forums? Great to have the history to the PFTek. Such a good idea. Why are 1/2pint jars best out of interest.

Bigger ones tend to stall (cubes at least), as I understand it.

• stoogie likes this

#64 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

Digging for Rainbows

• App Administrator
  • 9,088 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 April 2018 - 10:39 AM

Is this a verified unanimous approach from all the best bits of the forums?

It's all verified, but not unanimous.  This is just one way of doing things.  The PF tek and a lot of other bits are pretty standard, but all of this stuff has gone through my personal filter.  I tried to make it all very basic but there is bound to be some stuff that I included because I like it personally, like the honey recipes. 

The first version had tyndallization in it, which I used but is definitely not the simplest way to sterilize PF jars.  I changed it to include steaming instead of tyndallization thanks to some not-so-gentle criticism I got from another site.  I welcome all suggestions to improve on this project.  Over time I will build on it, but as it exists now I feel it can give new growers a solid foothold.

Some stuff will probably be amended.  The cloning technique has been used for a long time, but I should probably put a different method in there for various reasons.  I just haven't put any thought into what should replace or supplement that technique yet.  Other things will be added, like grains, bulk, and alcohol extraction.

Sorry for the delayed response! 

Edited by Sidestreet, 21 April 2018 - 10:45 AM.

• Spooner, peacefrog, Lakegal7 and 1 other like this

#65 Lakegal7

Lakegal7

Student of Life

• Free Member
  • 586 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 April 2018 - 07:55 PM

Thankyou Sidestreet for making this.
I've not done any mushroom cultivation
for over a year. I have a sieve for a memory
so this was the first thing I read to get reaquainted.
Also, nice info with the honey preservation teks
  • Sidestreet and peacefrog like this

#66 peacefrog

peacefrog

Peaceful Frog

• 2,368 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 April 2018 - 08:13 PM

It truly is a very nice write up and again thank you, brother for taking the time to write this up for us all!

#67 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

Digging for Rainbows

• App Administrator
  • 9,088 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 April 2018 - 04:11 AM

You're very welcome.  It was fun to write and it's a joy to see people reading it!

#68 av8or

av8or

Bump Master

• Free Member
  • 78 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 May 2018 - 01:57 AM

Thanks for putting this all together in one easy to understand(even for me) format. I can see that I will be getting involved with a great group of people that are willing to share their knowledge for the benefit of all.

• Sidestreet, coorsmikey and Lakegal7 like this

#69 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

Digging for Rainbows

• App Administrator
  • 9,088 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 May 2018 - 04:05 AM

Welcome av8or!  You're right, this place definitely doesn't suck.  :)

• coorsmikey, Arathu and Lakegal7 like this

#70 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 6,920 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 May 2018 - 08:59 PM

This place rocks man!

A

• Sidestreet and coorsmikey like this

#71 wordman

wordman

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 44 posts

Posted 02 June 2018 - 01:51 PM

From Yosheba : "One note ....  on the dosage pages you don't make any reference your talking of Dry Weight. " 

One advantage of powdering cracker-dry mushrooms in an electric coffee grinder is that the procedure equalizes the amount of Psilocybin/Psilocin in any given amount per dose.

Edited by wordman, 02 June 2018 - 01:57 PM.

• Sidestreet and coorsmikey like this

#72 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

Digging for Rainbows

• App Administrator
  • 9,088 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 June 2018 - 12:08 PM

Ah, good catch.  I could be clearer there.  Thank you for that tip! 

All input is welcome, because at some point there will be a 2nd edition.

True statement about the grinder, too.

#73 murrayranch

murrayranch

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 05:53 PM

My pleasure.  It was a good project.  Now my project will be spreading it around!

I love this guide! Thanks so much for sharing this. I’m also sharing the guide with anyone interested... I started mine on June 16 and already have what appears to be very healthy mycelium growing! Other than one little glitch, I went entirely by the book... My glitch was making the holes in the lids too small for a 16 gauge needle. Had to head naked to the garage for a bigger nail and hammer. I dowsed the nail, hammer, and myself in alcohol, then continued as directed -
hoping my glitch didn’t contaminate the project.
  • Sidestreet and peacefrog like this

#74 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

Digging for Rainbows

• App Administrator
  • 9,088 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 June 2018 - 04:01 AM

LOL excellent.  Do you have any pictures of your mycelium?

• peacefrog likes this

#75 glosseyed

glosseyed

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 11:33 PM

This mftm pftek PDF is so easy to follow. After a month and a half the yields have been sufficient for personal use.

Thank you so much Sidestreet.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20180627_091925295_noexif.jpg

Edited by glosseyed, 29 June 2018 - 11:35 PM.

• Sidestreet likes this

#76 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

Digging for Rainbows

• App Administrator
  • 9,088 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 July 2018 - 05:35 AM

Woohoo!  Nice work!

• Kraven likes this

#77 Plant

Plant

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 130 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 07:04 PM

I am wanting to try some growing, but I absolutely a noob at it. I see some spore prints on Ebay and I am wondering if anyone here has gotten any from there. I would rather not order from Europe. I also am worried now after reading about the contaminating fungus that made you sick. Is that a common problem? I never heard that until I read this thread. I know that black mold is a problem in attics and insulation in houses, right? Sounds like that's what you got. I wouldn't want to poison myself. I have seen Rye sold as substrate, you could seriously mess yourself up if there was some ergot in there.

• Kraven likes this

#78 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Passenger

• App Administrator
  • 9,107 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 July 2018 - 07:48 PM

Hmmn, ergot can be toxic but you are more likely to get sick from eating Organic Bread than cultivating it in a jar of Rye. It will get sterilized in the the PC along with everything else. Just look for the black elongated kernels of Rye. I always find some in the “organic” rye I purchase or grow. It’s is so common that most of us don’t realize it’s there. It is also contains LSA like Morning Glory seed and Hawaiian Woodrose Seed that is easily harvested. LSA is the the precursor for making LSD. It can be dangerous and toxic in the unskilled hands, but in the right hands it does provide a few helpful medicines. I guarantee that if you are not intentionally trying to cultivate you do not have to worry about ergot poisoning if you follow the proper sterilization teks on all the OMC. Even though ergot grows naturally and is all around us, IMO most Newbs to Mycology would struggle to actually cultivate it accidentally let alone intentionally.
  • Kraven likes this

#79 ShroomyTravellerFromAfar

ShroomyTravellerFromAfar

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 176 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 09:48 PM

:thumbs_up2: That PDF is absolutely awesome , will be using it this year when cube season starts here

Now i have Agar, for a P.Sub project for winter fruits. I couldve gone this approach instead, no PC, but planning on a drop sheet set up and wearing only a garbage bag, and foil around my head, to reduce contaminants :cool:

• Sidestreet likes this

#80 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

Digging for Rainbows

• App Administrator
  • 9,088 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 July 2018 - 09:31 AM

What do you mean by drop sheet setup?

There's no need to wear a garbage bag and foil if you're doing the PF tek.  A shower and fresh clean clothes will be fine.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!