95 replies to this topic

#81 ShroomyTravellerFromAfar

ShroomyTravellerFromAfar

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 150 posts

Posted 28 July 2018 - 08:25 PM

Hi Sidestreet.

Its a sheet of plastic  3 x 3 meters. I thought i could hang it with some plywood and get under the sheet to make the agar, maybe a bit of a silly idea. Best to make a glow box or something.

coopers light malt extract powder good to use? seems nice and cheap

https://www.bigw.com...500g/p/730390/#

dropsheets

https://www.bunnings...-sheet_p1661353

#82 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

May your tracks be lost...

• App Administrator
  • 8,468 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 July 2018 - 11:41 AM

Well you would basically be creating a little still air tent.  It could definitely work but it's not necessary.  You can just turn off any fans or HVAC, wipe down the surfaces in your bathroom with bleach water or alcohol, and set a glovebox on the sink--if you have space on the counter top. 

I usually take any towels, rugs, etc out, wipe down the bathroom, put everything I need for my project in, and then take a shower.  Get out of the shower and towel down with a fresh clean towel, put the towel on the floor (makes for a comfy bath rug), and go to town.  You can leave the bathroom door open while you run the shower so it doesn't get too stifling in there while you're working.

With this method I've been able to do agar work and spawn grains to sawdust without a flow hood.  I don't get much contamination.

Granted, if you're just doing the basic PF tek you don't have to go to these lengths.  You can do it in open air (you still want to turn off the fans and HVAC) and skip the shower. 

• Da-1, bezevo and ShroomyTravellerFromAfar like this

#83 ShroomyTravellerFromAfar

ShroomyTravellerFromAfar

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 150 posts

Posted 29 July 2018 - 04:38 PM

Thanks Sidestreet for the help. That is what i thought doing a still air tent in the entrance to home ( remove hat coat stand, small table and just keep hall and work in that space, but i felt a slight draft under the door, not sure , bathroom, havent got the heart to removed the spiders lol so will dust their webs instead

nice still morning here, no breeze outside. I will get supplies this morning

• Sidestreet and Amanita Versicula like this

#84 kazzam

kazzam

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 August 2018 - 06:29 AM

thank you sidestreet, i would like to donate to your hard work and great effort, also i was reading a post story about God i believe you wrote, excellent reads , i can spend hours and loose track of time reading your stories, thank you also for that great wisdom, it read better than some other reading i have witnessed, thank you for your help and read recommendation

#85 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

May your tracks be lost...

• App Administrator
  • 8,468 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 August 2018 - 11:07 AM

Thank you Kazzam, that's high praise.  I don't know what story about God you're talking about but I'd be interested to see what you mean.

I did put together a couple of anthologies of good trip stories and lore from the boards.  I'm gonna go add a link to my signature.  I haven't thought about it in a while, thank you!

Edit: actually, you might be talking about the anthology, called "Selected Trips."  That was our site's founder writing about how he met God on an intense trip:

https://mycotopia.ne...second-edition/

Edited by Sidestreet, 04 August 2018 - 11:12 AM.

#86 Amanita Versicula

Amanita Versicula

Sanity Within

• OG VIP
  • 236 posts

Donator

Posted 26 August 2018 - 09:52 AM

That's very kind of YOU+ as i can never learn enough~

So i would like to say THANK YOU ~as i will be downloading.

i have never ever traded here. Always wanted to; but have nothing really to trade & just wanna pay for prints. Though IF it's too high, then i would be forced to go to the only DISTRIBUTOR i trust. Cuz somehow i can use my credit card-or was able to last time. Hooked up to Paypal.

However, i would much RATHER support (buy) from my fellow shroomers HERE!

IF ANYONE WANTS TO P.M me~i would appreciate. So i can find out how to "trade" [prints].

Thanks again for your GROW GUIDE. i haven't seen it yet BUT intend to download~

PeAcE~my friend(z)

regena~

• Sidestreet, PinkMenace and ShroomyTravellerFromAfar like this

#87 Da-1

Da-1

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 403 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 August 2018 - 10:50 AM

Hello there Amanita

Nice to meet you, there is a thread pinned to this subject of vendors can be found here  Spore Suppliers, reliable spore vendors   also if you like you can pop over to this thread and support Mycotopia   Mycotopia August 2018 Spore* Auction

I hope this helps you out a little, good luck and hope to see you around more  :thumbs_up: .

Regards, Da-1   

#88 ShroomyTravellerFromAfar

ShroomyTravellerFromAfar

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 150 posts

Posted 01 September 2018 - 01:09 AM

Thank you Regena for the like.  This is a great thread and the PDF is most useful

Edited by ShroomyTravellerFromAfar, 01 September 2018 - 01:10 AM.

#89 PinkMenace

PinkMenace

Psychochump

• VIP
  • 742 posts

Posted 07 September 2018 - 11:23 PM

I never steamed anything either. But, alot of people did. PC's anymore are relatively inexpensive. I had one that fit 4 jars when I started before I went to the mother of all PC's lol. My point is, there are enough contams out there that can really mess you up. I got really sick from dealing with some bad jars and was down in bed for 3 months. It took some serious antibiotics three runs before it knocked it out of my system. If your going to do this hobby, get a PC. A 20 dollar one will work just fine. You may have to load it a couple times, but it will be well worth the expense. I am not a big fan of steaming anything in this hobby after what I went through. I also do not mess with contaminated jars. They go in the trash. (Ok. That may be a little extreme, but I am not getting sick from this again.) While this is a very rewarding hobby, never put your health at risk for a few bucks.

~ Rant over lol. I cannot apologize for being passionate about safety.

Holy crap! Do you know specifically what you reacted to? Or was it an infection? Dear goddess!
  • Amanita Versicula likes this

#90 PinkMenace

PinkMenace

Psychochump

• VIP
  • 742 posts

Posted 07 September 2018 - 11:25 PM

i have never ever traded here. Always wanted to; but have nothing really to trade & just wanna pay for prints. Though IF it's too high, then i would be forced to go to the only DISTRIBUTOR i trust. Cuz somehow i can use my credit card-or was able to last time. Hooked up to Paypal.
IF ANYONE WANTS TO P.M me~i would appreciate. So i can find out how to "trade" [prints].

PeAcE~my friend(z)
regena~

Are you willing to go to agar first? I'll hook you up with a print if you donate to topia.

#91 BlackwaterFudge

BlackwaterFudge

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 September 2018 - 11:42 PM

Dope ... thanks
  • Sidestreet likes this

#92 PinkMenace

PinkMenace

Psychochump

• VIP
  • 742 posts

Posted 07 September 2018 - 11:45 PM

PeAcE~my friend(z)
regena~

Are you willing to go to agar first? I'll hook you up with a print if you donate to topia.

PM because I will forget about this thread.

#93 Amanita Versicula

Amanita Versicula

Sanity Within

• OG VIP
  • 236 posts

Donator

Posted 14 September 2018 - 08:44 PM

Dope ... thank NO THANK YOU++++

#94 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 14,345 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 September 2018 - 12:02 AM

Pink, it was a black mold.

#95 bezevo

bezevo

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 362 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 September 2018 - 12:51 PM

ummm never mind

Edited by bezevo, 15 September 2018 - 12:54 PM.

#96 Trich

Trich

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 07:09 PM

I've been meaning to get into this for the last 10 years, the last year I've been getting more serious about it.

I logged on here to ask for starter advice, saw this thread, and now I'm a happy guy. 

Thanks Sidestreet!

• coorsmikey likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!