• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#101 MickeyMushroom

MickeyMushroom

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 10:57 AM

I hope this is in the right place. How do you achieve uniform growth with monotub? Mine pop up willy nilly whereas I've seen pics of grows where there is a canopy of cubensis umbrellas.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

#102 joeya

joeya

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 300 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 11:04 AM

I hope this is in the right place. How do you achieve uniform growth with monotub? Mine pop up willy nilly whereas I've seen pics of grows where there is a canopy of cubensis umbrellas.

Uniformity is key. If you can provide a uniform suitable environment throughout the tub with uniform genetics, you'll get a uniform canopy. The ideal case is to grow a clone in a tub with  constant humid clean air flow. Since this is nearly impossible for the closet cultivator, the next best thing is to grow a clone in a very well ventilated tub with either polyfill fiber or microporous filter patches over every hole. You need holes at substrate level to leach of carbon dioxide, as well as higher up to allow clean air in. Lastly, the top lighting needs to be uniform also. 

• MickeyMushroom likes this

#103 MickeyMushroom

MickeyMushroom

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 11:58 AM

Excellent. Thanks for the in depth feedback. I shall apply what I can to my next grow.

#104 Traderkain

Traderkain

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 36 posts

Posted 13 July 2019 - 01:09 AM

Thank you for the light reading material!

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!