• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 ScreamingEagle

ScreamingEagle

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 10:30 PM

Has anyone else ever experienced an increase in body temperature while on cubensis? Sometimes I feel like I'm literally on fire. The fire burns from my guts and flows to my heart region. I will be posting a more in depth trip report soon...

#2 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 11,997 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 January 2018 - 10:37 PM

We're not talking, spontaneous human combustion here, are we?    Be sure to trip in front of a video camera for the advancement of science. 

Seriously, sounds awful.   Are you eating the shrooms on an empty stomach?   Do you have any frequent digestive issues?

Edited by Alder Logs, 22 January 2018 - 10:38 PM.

• onediadem, Juthro and ScreamingEagle like this

#3 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 6,260 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 January 2018 - 11:38 PM

Seriously, sounds awful.   Are you eating the shrooms on an empty stomach?   Do you have any frequent digestive issues?

What Alder said. It sounds a lot like an acid reflux thing going on to me.

If that's the case, taking the shrooms after some eating a light meal, or taking your dose as an extract (tea, honey, or alcohol are all fairly easy to pull off) might help.
  • onediadem, Alder Logs and ScreamingEagle like this

#4 tuftygrasses

tuftygrasses

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 342 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 01:39 AM

Maybe its your kundalini rising :)
I always get cold. My flat is really cosy but i have to wear extra layers and sometimes lay in bed under a blanket too! My peripheral blood vessels shut down so my hands and feet go kinda mottled like someone whos dying. Ive read thats how you tell your having a good time!
  • onediadem, Juthro and ScreamingEagle like this

#5 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 6,260 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 January 2018 - 07:13 AM

My peripheral blood vessels shut down so my hands and feet go kinda mottled like someone whos dying. Ive read thats how you tell your having a good time!

As long as we know we are having a good time :)
  • onediadem and ScreamingEagle like this

#6 ScreamingEagle

ScreamingEagle

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 07:40 AM

We're not talking, spontaneous human combustion here, are we?    Be sure to trip in front of a video camera for the advancement of science. 

Believe me, the thought of spontaneous combustion has crossed my mind. The heat would make me so uncomfortable, I would wander around my house, not able to recover my meditation. I asked my wife to check me, and she touched my skin confirming that I was hot to the touch. I was sweating too. It seems to happen with the heavier doses. A few times I toughened up and meditated through the burning sensation. With My eyes closed I could see an amber light flickering in my peripheral. It felt as though I was sitting in a fire. I would turn Quickly to look behind me,only to see nothing but darkness as I was sitting with the lights off.
I have had digestive issues in the past. A little over a year ago I had my appendix removed and my digestive issues dissipated.

#7 ScreamingEagle

ScreamingEagle

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 07:45 AM

What Alder said. It sounds a lot like an acid reflux thing going on to me.If that's the case, taking the shrooms after some eating a light meal, or taking your dose as an extract (tea, honey, or alcohol are all fairly easy to pull off) might help.

I think I'll heed to your advice. I will look around here for a good tea recipe.
  • Juthro likes this

#8 ScreamingEagle

ScreamingEagle

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 07:47 AM

I always get cold. My flat is really cosy but i have to wear extra layers and sometimes lay in bed under a blanket too! My peripheral blood vessels shut down so my hands and feet go kinda mottled like someone whos dying. Ive read thats how you tell your having a good time!

I know what you mean. I wonder if this experience is a real physical experience or a spiritual experience. I believe it may be both.

#9 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 6,040 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 January 2018 - 10:16 AM

Has anyone else ever experienced an increase in body temperature while on cubensis? Sometimes I feel like I'm literally on fire. The fire burns from my guts and flows to my heart region. I will be posting a more in depth trip report soon...

I have felt an extreme decrease in body temperature. Every time I ever took cubensis I wound up under a blanket - while wearing a coat and hat - unless I could get myself into direct sunshine. 

I stopped consuming them for this reason. Kept getting the shivers so bad during trips I couldn't stand the thought of using them again.

Switch to wood-loving specimens. They're brighter, warmer, and friendlier. Trust me on this. ;)

• ScreamingEagle likes this

#10 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 11,997 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 January 2018 - 11:26 AM

Think about checking thyroid function as well.  I have only done cubes one time.  When I was still tripping I did liberty caps or Ps. cyans.   I don't remember anything like that when I did my massive cube trip (which I have talked about here a few times), but I did that whole trip under the covers in bed.  

I have a history of hypothyroidism, and that can make you cold.   Hyper- on the other hand, can make you warm.  

Edited by Alder Logs, 23 January 2018 - 11:27 AM.

• Juthro and ScreamingEagle like this

#11 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 6,260 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 January 2018 - 12:28 PM

What Alder said. It sounds a lot like an acid reflux thing going on to me.If that's the case, taking the shrooms after some eating a light meal, or taking your dose as an extract (tea, honey, or alcohol are all fairly easy to pull off) might help.

I think I'll heed to your advice. I will look around here for a good tea recipe.

IMHO, this one is a winner, and is my preferred method of dosing. https://mycotopia.ne...hoopin-tea-tek/

Edited by Juthro, 23 January 2018 - 02:46 PM.

• ScreamingEagle likes this

#12 elfstone

elfstone

Mycophage

• Black VIP
  • 198 posts

Donator

Posted 30 January 2018 - 07:16 AM

Psilocybe cubensis strains vary in the amounts of baeocystin and ureic acid they carry and frequently have a heavy body load compared to other species. Psilocybe hoogshgenii var. convexa and Psilocybe mexicana do not have the body load factor. I have had experiences of fluctuations in body temperature with cubes and rarely do with the other species. I will never eat another cube again.

Edited by elfstone, 30 January 2018 - 07:17 AM.

• Myc, tailsmcsnails, ScreamingEagle and 1 other like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!