• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 BallisticMystic

BallisticMystic

Refunded Supporter

• Banned Member
  • 85 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 06:20 PM

Here are some of my launch protocols developed over four years of doing a threshold dose (5-7g cracker dry) every two weeks. I logged nearly 100 mushroom assisted self induced NDEs from 2009-2013. It should be pointed out that I had a lot of eminently qualified support and a private research grant so I didn't have to hold down a regular job. Even with full support it was a rigorous schedule and pushing the limits of what the human body can endure. I'll start with music :)

No music, of any kind, ever, period. You're going inside yourself and that's what you're going to want to listen to. ANY sounds that the mind can't pass off as white noise is going to detract from your experience not enhance it. It you want to use music to set the mood, do it before you dose. I LOVE music, I listen to more different types of music than anyone else I know, but 20-25 mins into a 5g+ trip I can't stand any of it or any other external stimuli. You want it like a morgue because you're about to find out what death really is. Don't worry, you won't be harmed and the ride is worth every penny!

Inner noise matters too and you can reduce it by eating light or fasting on the day of your trip. Once you have a dozen or so missions under your belt you can eat a little more if you like just to see the difference. It can make it more exciting just like your dreams, but also makes it tougher to keep up with what's going on and make sense of it. You can direct your consciousness to any part of your body and taking a trip thru your own digestive system while digesting a feast is a ride you'll never forget... or likely want to repeat anytime soon.

Ideally you want to trip when you're in a light happy frame of mind, stress and emotional issues can color a trip grey. You want your mind free not locked a fist fight with itself. There were times I was very stressed during a trip and I learned a lot on those trips, but they weren't as fun. The difference between a good and bad trip for me is how much effort it takes for me to let go. Bad trips aren't bad, just more work. I never regretted what I was doing for a moment, EVERY trip I took was worth it a hundred times over for what I learned.

Exercise! If you're out of shape it's going to be a lot tougher to keep up with the physical demands of keeping up with what's going on. When I'm just about to cross over I'm breathing like a quarter horse during a race and my heart is pounding. You don't have to be an olympic athlete, just basically healthy with good breathing, blood flow, and digestion. Exercise also reduces stress and calms the mind.

It really helps to make sure your body is fully hydrated the day of your trip. I mention it because you have to remember to start drinking extra water early, before you get thirsty. Don't wait until you trip or right before, a walk to the toilet is a major excursion on that many shrooms. The reality you're used to is gone, and your toilet along with it. Your subconscious has to raise you from the deep close enough to the surface to recognize your physical surroundings and it pulls you out of hyperspace. Most of the time you can get back to it but sometimes not if you're nearing the end of your trip.

Don't spill the beans! Your creative energy plays a big part in your experience. There will be scenes or mental landscapes that are unfamiliar to you and you'll basically have three options... fight the scene, leave the scene, or deal with it creatively. It takes roughly four days to completely replenish your sexual energy reserves, so if you obstain for 3-4 days before your trip you should be good to go. I PROMISE the trade off is worth it. It was put to me this way "you can get your rocks off or control your reality, you can't do both".

The number one cause of panic attacks is high blood sugar. Reduce your intake of refined sugar and starches and you'd be surprised how much it calms a racy mind. The government did a huge study on marijuana induced paranoia only to find out it had little to do with weed and everything to do with high blood sugar.

Breathe! Anytime you feel your trip is getting to be a little too much for you just breathe. Breathe as deep and full as you can and focus on how soothing it feels. Your subconscious has things under control and it's very good at taking care of you, as long as you let it.

Make any preparations before you lift off. I set things up for my trip. Somehow I know I'm going to be here or there and want a drink of water or bong rip, sometimes a shot of tequila or glass of wine, incense ready to go in every room I'm going to be in, a blanket in case I get chills, just stuff I know I'm going to be looking for based on past experience. My trips usually involve some kind of ritual where I'm moving around following subconscious instructions but objectively only vaguely aware of what I'm doing. Somehow I'll end up in another room in front of a loaded bong hit and glass of water with incense right there ready to light thinking "wow, that was thoughtful... thank you :)"

Make a tea, trying to choke down that many shooms at one time sucks, it's like eating a pile of straw. I think I tried it maybe once or twice before I said F that noise and made a tea. Nothing fancy, 5-7g bone dry, grind them in a coffee grinder, boil about 12oz of water, turn off heat, dump shrooms in water, cover and let steep until luke warm, strain thru a coffee filter, add an ounce or two of lemon juice and drink up. No stomach upset and the high is much more concentrated, less ramp up and come down and more actual trip. It might only last 3-4 hours instead of 4-6 but the core part of the trip is much better imo.

You're going to be dealing with the collective subconscious. Things will be confusing at first because everything is intuitive and we're not. If you don't understand something just ask or say you don't understand. Think of it like your own quantum AI assistant, it knows everything about everything, including you. It speaks a symbolic language that you won't understand at first. To make things easier ask it to learn your language, it is after all the inventor of all language and a freekin supercomputer. It took about a dozen trips or so before things started clearing up and I began to really understand what I was dealing with.

Finally, it REALLY helps to go in hungry with a yearning or genuine longing to understand. This has the effect of polarizing you and drawing understanding toward you. Like fishing, your question is the bait and the answer the fish coming in to get it. The US Navy actually has a term for this, "Googling" and yes that's where Google got it's name from. The concept and underlying principles are exactly the same.

With a light heart you can go anywhere in hyperspace. Your intentions are everything and you cannot mask or hide them. We're talking about life itself, and it does not let death in. One thing you will discover going thru the ego death is that what you thought was life isn't life at all, but death. Honestly, that's not going to make any sense until you go find out for yourself :)

Best of luck! The search for meaning is the best trip there is :)

Edited by BallisticMystic, 13 July 2018 - 06:46 PM.

• Justintime, Cuboid, Oneyedraven and 3 others like this

#22 picapau

picapau

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 47 posts

Posted 07 April 2019 - 02:19 PM

never listened to music while on the big dose journey unless i was at a show.

but this is one of my favs to listen to afterward as i come down the mountain back to the car/camp etc:

https://www.youtube....h?v=7B5aNQ-AZ60

• doctorwu likes this

#23 doctorwu

doctorwu

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 April 2019 - 02:50 PM

Daevid Allen, yes, yes! I love listening to Gong, Ozric Tentacles and the occasional Shpongle. You might be pleasantly surprised with The Ravi Shankar Project "Tana Mana" as well!

#24 Ambient74

Ambient74

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 04:51 PM

got your medicine right here!

[Direct Link]

and here

[Direct Link]

if you like this also check Santana Caravansarai

and if we are at all on the same page - this will set your hair on fire

[Direct Link]

Great musical tastes my friend!

Might I suggest the wonderful Alice Coltrane...pure bliss!

[Direct Link]

Edited by Ambient74, 11 May 2019 - 04:52 PM.

#25 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,729 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 May 2019 - 05:23 PM

https://www.youtube....h?v=KWhg4pwejwI

#26 WaerWulf

WaerWulf

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 July 2019 - 04:23 PM

I'm a fan of using drone sounds, steady and drawn out or rhythmical they are truly trance inducing which I find very helpful for the kind of work I do through the magic state . Check this out, Sheila Chandra and the Ganges Orchestra.

#27 WaerWulf

WaerWulf

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 July 2019 - 04:29 PM

For those who seek to tap into their Norse and/or Germanic roots, Danheim makes some pretty powerful music for making the journey into your depths.

• ElrikEriksson likes this

#28 WaerWulf

WaerWulf

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 July 2019 - 04:37 PM

Through Julie Fowlis I have found wonderful musical connection to my Gaelic roots.

[Direct Link]

But when it comes to honest ceremony...

A list of Native American Peyote ceremony songs. NAC( Native American Church) ceremonious melodies are a go to for me when I'm not riled up and I'm looking to ground myself.

Edited by WaerWulf, 13 July 2019 - 04:41 PM.

• POWERPLANT420 likes this

#29 WaerWulf

WaerWulf

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 July 2019 - 05:32 PM

Here are some of my launch protocols developed over four years of doing a threshold dose (5-7g cracker dry) every two weeks. I logged nearly 100 mushroom assisted self induced NDEs from 2009-2013. It should be pointed out that I had a lot of eminently qualified support and a private research grant so I didn't have to hold down a regular job. Even with full support it was a rigorous schedule and pushing the limits of what the human body can endure. I'll start with music :)

No music, of any kind, ever, period. You're going inside yourself and that's what you're going to want to listen to. ANY sounds that the mind can't pass off as white noise is going to detract from your experience not enhance it. It you want to use music to set the mood, do it before you dose. I LOVE music, I listen to more different types of music than anyone else I know, but 20-25 mins into a 5g+ trip I can't stand any of it or any other external stimuli. You want it like a morgue because you're about to find out what death really is. Don't worry, you won't be harmed and the ride is worth every penny!

Inner noise matters too and you can reduce it by eating light or fasting on the day of your trip. Once you have a dozen or so missions under your belt you can eat a little more if you like just to see the difference. It can make it more exciting just like your dreams, but also makes it tougher to keep up with what's going on and make sense of it. You can direct your consciousness to any part of your body and taking a trip thru your own digestive system while digesting a feast is a ride you'll never forget... or likely want to repeat anytime soon.

Ideally you want to trip when you're in a light happy frame of mind, stress and emotional issues can color a trip grey. You want your mind free not locked a fist fight with itself. There were times I was very stressed during a trip and I learned a lot on those trips, but they weren't as fun. The difference between a good and bad trip for me is how much effort it takes for me to let go. Bad trips aren't bad, just more work. I never regretted what I was doing for a moment, EVERY trip I took was worth it a hundred times over for what I learned.

Exercise! If you're out of shape it's going to be a lot tougher to keep up with the physical demands of keeping up with what's going on. When I'm just about to cross over I'm breathing like a quarter horse during a race and my heart is pounding. You don't have to be an olympic athlete, just basically healthy with good breathing, blood flow, and digestion. Exercise also reduces stress and calms the mind.

It really helps to make sure your body is fully hydrated the day of your trip. I mention it because you have to remember to start drinking extra water early, before you get thirsty. Don't wait until you trip or right before, a walk to the toilet is a major excursion on that many shrooms. The reality you're used to is gone, and your toilet along with it. Your subconscious has to raise you from the deep close enough to the surface to recognize your physical surroundings and it pulls you out of hyperspace. Most of the time you can get back to it but sometimes not if you're nearing the end of your trip.

Don't spill the beans! Your creative energy plays a big part in your experience. There will be scenes or mental landscapes that are unfamiliar to you and you'll basically have three options... fight the scene, leave the scene, or deal with it creatively. It takes roughly four days to completely replenish your sexual energy reserves, so if you obstain for 3-4 days before your trip you should be good to go. I PROMISE the trade off is worth it. It was put to me this way "you can get your rocks off or control your reality, you can't do both".

The number one cause of panic attacks is high blood sugar. Reduce your intake of refined sugar and starches and you'd be surprised how much it calms a racy mind. The government did a huge study on marijuana induced paranoia only to find out it had little to do with weed and everything to do with high blood sugar.

Breathe! Anytime you feel your trip is getting to be a little too much for you just breathe. Breathe as deep and full as you can and focus on how soothing it feels. Your subconscious has things under control and it's very good at taking care of you, as long as you let it.

Make any preparations before you lift off. I set things up for my trip. Somehow I know I'm going to be here or there and want a drink of water or bong rip, sometimes a shot of tequila or glass of wine, incense ready to go in every room I'm going to be in, a blanket in case I get chills, just stuff I know I'm going to be looking for based on past experience. My trips usually involve some kind of ritual where I'm moving around following subconscious instructions but objectively only vaguely aware of what I'm doing. Somehow I'll end up in another room in front of a loaded bong hit and glass of water with incense right there ready to light thinking "wow, that was thoughtful... thank you :)"

Make a tea, trying to choke down that many shooms at one time sucks, it's like eating a pile of straw. I think I tried it maybe once or twice before I said F that noise and made a tea. Nothing fancy, 5-7g bone dry, grind them in a coffee grinder, boil about 12oz of water, turn off heat, dump shrooms in water, cover and let steep until luke warm, strain thru a coffee filter, add an ounce or two of lemon juice and drink up. No stomach upset and the high is much more concentrated, less ramp up and come down and more actual trip. It might only last 3-4 hours instead of 4-6 but the core part of the trip is much better imo.

You're going to be dealing with the collective subconscious. Things will be confusing at first because everything is intuitive and we're not. If you don't understand something just ask or say you don't understand. Think of it like your own quantum AI assistant, it knows everything about everything, including you. It speaks a symbolic language that you won't understand at first. To make things easier ask it to learn your language, it is after all the inventor of all language and a freekin supercomputer. It took about a dozen trips or so before things started clearing up and I began to really understand what I was dealing with.

Finally, it REALLY helps to go in hungry with a yearning or genuine longing to understand. This has the effect of polarizing you and drawing understanding toward you. Like fishing, your question is the bait and the answer the fish coming in to get it. The US Navy actually has a term for this, "Googling" and yes that's where Google got it's name from. The concept and underlying principles are exactly the same.

With a light heart you can go anywhere in hyperspace. Your intentions are everything and you cannot mask or hide them. We're talking about life itself, and it does not let death in. One thing you will discover going thru the ego death is that what you thought was life isn't life at all, but death. Honestly, that's not going to make any sense until you go find out for yourself :)

Best of luck! The search for meaning is the best trip there is :)

To an extent I agree with BallisticMystic about the need to listen to your own inner music. I use music as I am coming up and usually turn it off once I have and let go. Although through some of my more energetic experiences I have found the presence of ceremonial drumming to be quite helpful for journeying. With that being said many tribes around the world have used ceremonious drumming in spirit travelling rituals since ancient times to assist the traveler in their journey; providing a steady link back to the world and a constant reassurance like a communal heartbeat. When that's done there can be breaks in the rhythm to communicate to the traveler through the drum such as letting them know when the ceremony is coming to a close; a call back home. Here is a 15 minute ceremonial drum which is part 1 of 4 parts they increase in length with each one. When inducing trance, drums and drones are ineffably valuable. Primordial....

Solid advice for journeying BallisticMystic! I too have thanked myself more than once when I arise to a pipe of cannabis and a  glass of life ;)

• Justintime likes this

#30 Justintime

Justintime

Justincase

• OG VIP
  • 2,196 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 August 2019 - 09:36 AM

The mushroom creates music that leaves me awestruck. This is the mushroom communicating to me. It suddenly stops and gauges my reaction as if to say "Well, what did you think of that? Oh you like huh tee-hee Here we Gooooooo!" And then another barrage of perfectly times beats all at high volume. It's deafening!
Nothing compares to what the mushroom can audibly communicate. You have a third ear ,not only a third eye.

#31 RainbowCatepillar

RainbowCatepillar

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 198 posts

Posted 27 August 2019 - 11:39 AM

Soooo I've never done a Heroic Dose (forgive me for chiming in), but I just want to share this wonderful song that may make your trips enjoyable!

It makes me so happy! It's called "Acid Test" by River Tiber.
The visuals for the vid are wonderful too! Happy tripping!

https://www.youtube....h?v=hyXXAO2Lr5o

#32 ElrikEriksson

ElrikEriksson

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 219 posts

Posted 27 August 2019 - 12:35 PM

On truly heroic doses I cant even hear the music at peak, I'm just too far into other realms. But I like music to be there to hold on to when I'm going in to and coming out of those states.

I don't aim for 'trippy' music, just music that is very gentle to my psyche. I strongly believe that soulfliers should be working to manifest what they want to become while tripping so I listen to songs of love, beauty, and freedom. I particularly like female fronted symphonic metal. Once, when simultaneously peaking on THH, harmine, and 800 mg of mescaline I took a deep DMT hit and just as I did my gentle tripping playlist ended and my favorite thrash metal band came on [The Order of Chaos]. It tore at my brain like nails on a blackboard and while tripping out of my mind I crawled across the room relying on my mental map of the rooms layout to poke next on the stereo. It was memorable :laugh:

Over the years I've shattered and reconstructed my mind to Within Temptations albums 'The Unforgiving' and 'Hydra' so many times that when I hear one of those songs I sometimes spontaneously start crying in beauty.

[Direct Link]

[Direct Link]

For those who seek to tap into their Norse and/or Germanic roots, Danheim makes some pretty powerful music for making the journey into your depths.

Oh my god, on a recent high dose mescaline + harmine trip I had totally forgotten that I had put Danheim on my mp3 player and it came on when I was peaking, tripped me the hell out, I thought I fell through the mescaline into a shaman realm. Its happened before! :laugh:

Any Danheim fan should check out Heilung. I watch their concert when going up or coming down to help me connect to my ancestors. I always peak on my bed in the dark.

[Direct Link]

#33 Oneyedraven

Oneyedraven

Mycophage

• Gold VIP
  • 137 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 03:42 PM

SFYI Spotify does have the "supposed" Johns Hopkins research psilocybin research play list - search psilocybin research:johns Hopkins- these songs were specifically by "experienced" researchers and selected for a positive/neutral experience.  

#34 KapnDank

KapnDank

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 426 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 September 2019 - 03:48 PM

One artist that has never rubbed me wrong no matter how far out there I get is sphongle. The trip never seems to distort it in an unpleasant way like it will many others once you get to a certain point. Hope that makes sense.
  • Misfit likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!