• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 tuftygrasses

tuftygrasses

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 342 posts

Posted 09 March 2018 - 04:45 PM

Ive not seen that one for ages. Its a good one.

Im pretty pleased i have an open bottle of wine on my worktop that my folks left....a week ago. I didnt even notice it for a few days. I knew it was there but forgot. Its wierd. But ill take it. I can live with wierd :)
  • Juthro likes this

#22 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 6,260 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 March 2018 - 04:52 PM

I was thinking about you when I saw this Tuffy.

post-136504-0-16119000-1520632373.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• 5a92ef0a102db_Problem.jpg

Edited by Juthro, 09 March 2018 - 04:53 PM.

• tuftygrasses likes this

#23 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 11,997 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 March 2018 - 06:26 PM

After my doc took away all alcohol in his holistic treatment of this old body after things went pretty well south with Lyme's, I drank one small glass of wine at the holidays and the gout in my right big toe returned within an hour or so, after months without any inkling of it.  

He took my coffee too, but I have been cheating on that for months and he's not figured it out.  I was there today and there was no mention of the coffee killing me right soon.    Maybe I will have to go to CA Coffeeholics Anonymous.  

#24 tuftygrasses

tuftygrasses

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 342 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 02:15 AM

How teeny :)

Im cheating on the coffee too. Though im not actually sure if i like the way it makes me feel. But as usual the reasoning goes. 1 feels good so 10 must feel amazing. So i dont have it every day.

#25 tuftygrasses

tuftygrasses

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 342 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 02:16 AM

About the gout.
Im pretty sure its the suphides in wine make my joints swell up and give me a wheeze.

Edited by tuftygrasses, 10 March 2018 - 02:17 AM.

#26 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 11,997 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 March 2018 - 11:03 AM

I limit the coffee, as I learned to many years ago.  For my system, it seems that there is a threshold dose of coffee where craving really sets in.  I can let myself have one or two in the early morning and that will be the end of it for the day.  No craving ensues.    The way I used to do it, I would drink it all day and could have one before bed too.  I learned to do it that way in the navy.   It's funny, but for me, if I exceed the craving trigger level, it didn't matter what I grabbed, whether it was candy or food, a beer, a cigarette, anything, I would just have to have something.   I learned through many times quitting smoking, I had to stay away from both chocolate and coffee, as these would raise my craving level to crazy-making, and I would get a cigarette somewhere.  

I am hypoglycemic and if I want to read after a meal, I will fall asleep without my coffee.  Breakfast is the only meal I will allow myself to have my hit of espresso.   I will only drink coffee later in the day if I need to drive a distance and stay awake.  But that's different, eh?

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!