16 replies to this topic

#1 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 857 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 February 2018 - 04:59 PM

I'll start with the positive and work down from there.

First off this is stupid easy to grow.  Easier than B+ even.  I haven't grown all the cubes but I think I've grown enough to say this is gonna be a good one for a beginner.

That said its potency isn't real high but it does the job.  Did micro dose today for science and shit even though the PE was staring at me.  Fairly happy mood.  Which considering my life is a shit sandwich with my health is saying something.

It has a beautiful growth pattern if you are into aesthetics.  Puffy white mycellium going everywhere like a crazy old college professor with his white hair.

It fruits like a cunt though.  A couple bins and both fruited only around the edges.  REAL low yields too.  And for those who prefer to harvest only 'rockets' before the cap opens you are probably gonna miss the boat on this one as it goes straight to full cap.

I'll probably retire it after my spawn is gone.  If you lived in a warm climate and wanted to do an outdoor bed though I'd probably race this one against anything.  The way it grows up the sides of the bins its hard not to love it for its sheer grit and determination.

Second photo is it next to a penis envy for size comparison.  I mean we are talking Rocco Siffredi next to Spirew Agnew.  Spirew Agnew had a micro penis for those who didn't get the joke.  How do I know this for certain?  I'll just let you all stew on that.

Attached Thumbnails

• SAM_9884.JPG
  • SAM_9887.JPG

• invisibilitysyndrome, Microbe and wharfrat like this

#2 Microbe

Microbe

civis scientiam

• OG VIP
  • 4,323 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 February 2018 - 07:50 AM

IMO all cubes are easy to grow and get good yields. Your a good grower from what I gather so in would take that to curb and set it beside my trash bin and write free on it

Was that MS? Even then 90% of MS cultures limit the weaker genetics during the spawn production and spawn run.

#3 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 857 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 February 2018 - 05:42 PM

LOL they aren't gonna go to waste.  Just to eat more.  I ate about four or five grams equivalent dry weight (I eat them fresh) and had an incredible experience.

Multi spore is really the only thing that works for me.  I think my house is simply too dirty.  No matter how much I spray and clean the air is still full of contams and always will be.  I don't own this place and as soon as I can move I will. 

Agar will never be anything more for me than a hobby until I get a real air flow hood, air purifiers,etc.  I can get a good syringe for ten to twenty bucks for magic or gourmet.  I buy from people that have the decent equipment to make a pure clean syringe.  Ten bucks or spend two days in my 'clean room' trying to get a pure culture.  Its a no brainer in my situation.

Edited by OysterFarmer, 08 February 2018 - 05:43 PM.

• Microbe likes this

#4 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 857 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 February 2018 - 05:48 PM

Yeah so I had a big bowl and for science and shit wanted to take these fuckers to the race track.  Its a weak strain.  I think there is something special about these weaker strains where sure you have to eat a bunch more but when it comes on it comes deep.

I was watching Jordan Peterson episode on how to quit being lazy and improve your life.  Oh my God it was honestly like a religious experience.  I went crazy cleaning my house setting up another room to grow my oyster spawn in.  Then I cleaned some more.  I only got 4 hours sleep because I stayed up till 4 in the morning listening to the same speel over and over and over again.  I still had to keep sitting down because of my health issues but damn I got so much done.  So much.  You can't imagine what its like being disabled and having to live in a filthy house living around filthy people. 

I wake up and my house is clean,  Sun is coming into my place cause I cleaned the windows.  It smells good.  My cat is happy.  I'm happy to be alive even though in reality my life is still a complete shit sandwich.

• Microbe and PinkMenace like this

#5 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 857 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 February 2018 - 08:02 PM

Don't have time to do more write up today.  I started doing free writing or whatever they call it.  Started writing down formulaes for growing different mushrooms and making future predictions.  Something about a bridge collapse.  Not sure if they are fucking with me again like they've been ripping shit off from Mothman prophecies.

Also got a detailed formulae for the cyans.  Started to hear the internal dialogue are you gonna write this down or not?

Attached Thumbnails

• SAM_9944.JPG
  • SAM_9925.JPG

Edited by OysterFarmer, 08 February 2018 - 08:03 PM.

#6 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 11:42 AM

Did you get Malabar genetics from someone here? This isn't typical of the "house" strain. I've been growing them since last May. All multispore. The one thing I count on is fruit and lots of it. Plenty of monsters too.

#7 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 857 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 February 2018 - 04:32 PM

Did you get Malabar genetics from someone here? This isn't typical of the "house" strain. I've been growing them since last May. All multispore. The one thing I count on is fruit and lots of it. Plenty of monsters too.

I'll message you.

Attached Thumbnails

• SAM_9958.JPG

#8 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 857 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 February 2018 - 06:44 PM

Had a friend come over saying he was all sideways with work and what not and needed an antidote.  I gave him the option of either taking this bin if he would return the pot later or just an eight.  I told him this was the much better deal but he was skeptical cause only two shrooms were showing. 

You can lead a horse to water.......

Attached Thumbnails

• SAM_0065.JPG

• CatsAndBats likes this

#9 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this fucking guy

• OG VIP
  • 11,231 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 February 2018 - 11:17 PM

I ran malabars for a while and I loved them. Motherfuckers would colonize anything and fast. Displayed all kinds of cool phenotypes. They would root super-hard (like tryna pull weeds when harvesting), they'd turn navy blue when broken/torn, they even did the weird extended veil thing on occasion.

Regarding potency, 80% of their recipients (genetics or fruit) thought that they were very potent, 20% would say they were weak. One time I left them on the dryer for 10+ hours and decided to test them, I ate 2g and had open eye visuals.

Very distinct strain indeed. I'm not running them but absolutely have a master/print. Jkdeth knows   ;)

• invisibilitysyndrome likes this

#10 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,338 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 February 2018 - 06:54 AM

Second photo is it next to a penis envy for size comparison.  I mean we are talking Rocco Siffredi next to Spirew Agnew.  Spirew Agnew had a micro penis for those who didn't get the joke.  How do I know this for certain?  I'll just let you all stew on that.

Ahem OK my mind is boggling...

You mean Spirew had penis envy?

Maybe Mrs Agnew went elsewhere for ... southern comfort?

(it's the white house... what else is new?)

#11 sandman

sandman

Darth Cultivar

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,396 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:41 AM

I had a MS batch of Malabars that was absolutely worthless, like 0% potency. I took a clone of one of the fruits and that clone was great potency for some reason.

• OysterFarmer and CatsAndBats like this

#12 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 857 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:21 PM

Ahem OK my mind is boggling...

You mean Spirew had penis envy?

Maybe Mrs Agnew went elsewhere for ... southern comfort?

(it's the white house... what else is new?)

I knew someone who said she had sex with him when she worked as a call girl.  I wasn't there.

#13 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 857 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:23 PM

I had a MS batch of Malabars that was absolutely worthless, like 0% potency. I took a clone of one of the fruits and that clone was great potency for some reason.

I think the consensus here is if you want to work with it then you have to train it via agar work.  I'm not set up for agar work for now so I'll have to back burner these.

I wouldn't go so far as to say they are worthless though.  I don't plan on giving any of these to friends so I'm consuming them all myself.  And I mean all of them........

down the rabbit hole

#14 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 857 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 March 2018 - 02:06 PM

So I was doing free writing to see what came up and regarding the bridge collapse this is what I wrote.  About a month later not two months the bridge in Florida collapsed.

Is this pure coincidence?  I don't know but I think its worth submitting for posterity.  Paul Stamets and others have put forth the idea that mushrooms are able to transcend time.  His own story on the subject involved him eating a week strain.  Malabar of course is a weaker strain.  Why would this be if true?

My hypothesis is that there is a subset of the chemicals not necessarily psilocybin which causes the time shift.  Time shift happens more with the weaker strains as the high psilocybin usually backs off the user from consuming too much and having the effect kick in.

People will have to research this topic on their own.  I'm taking some time off from the board due to some issues I've been having with another member.  I'm not sure if it is something that can be worked out.  

I'm submitting this now in case my absence is a lengthy or permanent one.

Attached Thumbnails

• SAM_0328.JPG

#15 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this fucking guy

• OG VIP
  • 11,231 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 March 2018 - 02:25 PM

So I was doing free writing to see what came up and regarding the bridge collapse this is what I wrote.  About a month later not two months the bridge in Florida collapsed.

Is this pure coincidence?  I don't know but I think its worth submitting for posterity.  Paul Stamets and others have put forth the idea that mushrooms are able to transcend time.  His own story on the subject involved him eating a week strain.  Malabar of course is a weaker strain.  Why would this be if true?

My hypothesis is that there is a subset of the chemicals not necessarily psilocybin which causes the time shift.  Time shift happens more with the weaker strains as the high psilocybin usually backs off the user from consuming too much and having the effect kick in.

People will have to research this topic on their own.  I'm taking some time off from the board due to some issues I've been having with another member.  I'm not sure if it is something that can be worked out.  

I'm submitting this now in case my absence is a lengthy or permanent one.

Don't make it permanent please, I enjoy your threads.

#16 JACKOLANTERN

JACKOLANTERN

puking unicorn

• Free Member
  • 53 posts

Posted 27 November 2018 - 03:53 PM

I had an experience a few years back in January of 2009. I was living with a room mate and my partner at the time and I was working on a project to do with remixing music. I had eaten some Malabar mushrooms and was sitting in our office/studio room. My friend and my partner were drinking jagermeister and they were screwing with me, telling me that since my perceptions were altered that I should look into the future and find the lottery numbers. I asked them which ones should I find? They said look at the mega millions numbers. I was sitting at my computer with head phones on and working on music and it got to be too much so I grabbed an empty paper disk jacket and a pen next to me and I closed my eyes. in the visuals I saw numbers come before me and I wrote them down. I handed my friend the CD jacket and told him that he had to go buy the ticket, He promised that he would and sat the jacket on his desk. The jack pot was worth 12 million. I can remember the numbers 3-11-12-19-33-30. About 2 weeks later I saw the jacket on my friends desk and wanted to see if they won. I couldn't access the site cause his paranoid ass put in a parental blocker on the network and you couldn't see "Gambling sites", so stupid. So I waited for him to come home and change the settings, He looked the numbers up and said "we didn't win that shit, we're only fucking with you". I told him to look at 2 weeks past since he had to buy the ticket the next day. He did so, a scream of agony came out of him and he started crying. I asked him whats going on. He said I should have bought the ticket. Cause the same numbers you wrote down on here are the ones they won. Yeah things can happen when altered.

• CatsAndBats likes this

#17 Deleena24

Deleena24

Pothead

• Free Member
  • 415 posts

Posted 28 November 2018 - 01:51 PM

LOL they aren't gonna go to waste. Just to eat more. I ate about four or five grams equivalent dry weight (I eat them fresh) and had an incredible experience.

Multi spore is really the only thing that works for me. I think my house is simply too dirty. No matter how much I spray and clean the air is still full of contams and always will be. I don't own this place and as soon as I can move I will.

Agar will never be anything more for me than a hobby until I get a real air flow hood, air purifiers,etc. I can get a good syringe for ten to twenty bucks for magic or gourmet. I buy from people that have the decent equipment to make a pure clean syringe. Ten bucks or spend two days in my 'clean room' trying to get a pure culture. Its a no brainer in my situation.

Cloning isn't just so that you save money on syringes, it is so you get reliable and consistent fruiting results. And you dont need agar to do it.

If you cloned the biggest mush that didnt grow on the side of the tub, the next time youd have a canopy of shrooms growing from the top. Probably.

There is a cloning tek that requires no glovebox, flowhood, or anything for that matter except for clean grain or a clean LC and syringe.

https://mycotopia.ne...html?1088471028

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!