#1 Microbe

Microbe

civis scientiam

• OG VIP
  • 4,335 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 February 2018 - 06:52 AM

I think this neat. I would agree with some of the scientists that the car will be torn apart from radiation. On the contrary this is such a waste of money but if you got it like that then hey.

http://www.space.com...live-views.html

#2 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 6,442 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 February 2018 - 09:30 AM

In 10,000 years man will be re-exploring space for the "first time" - again. 

The looks on their faces when they discover the Tesla car - and subsequently cover it up and conceal it from the public - will be priceless. 

And so it will go around and around over and over again......for eternity. 

All those starving needy people here on earth and we're launching (factual) dummies into space. Just epic. 

• illigitimateJester and roadsidehorror like this

#3 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,007 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 February 2018 - 11:10 AM

It's true we could be both playing with advancing technologies for getting off the planet, as well as making sure that excessive wealth is used to end people's physical suffering when it can, but it makes me think of this story:

A multi-billionaire dies and finds himself standing at the pearly gates.  He is asked by Heaven's gatekeeper to account for his deeds on Earth.  "Well, I gave an out of work veteran $20 outside a sushi restaurant, once."

The gatekeeper inquired, "is that it?"

The dead rich man mused, "hmmmm, there was that time when my maid's daughter's family became homeless and I happened to hear about it over brunch, so I had to do something, as we had guests present!   I immediately had a $50 check drawn to give to her daughter."

"Is that all," asked the sentry? 

"All I can think of," was the man's answer.

"I will have to refer this to higher authority.  Just a moment."  The gatekeeper turned and was briefly gone.   Upon his return he said, "I have talked to God about your case and he told me, 'Give him back his 70 bucks and tell him to go to Hell!'"

$20 billion to end homelessness in this country, and $60 billion to get everyone free college.  I say we get the cash from Jeff Bezos, cover those two, and give him a job in one of his own warehouses.  Preferably one of the ones without air conditioning with the pre-paid ambulance parked outside (it penciled out better that way).  He'd still have $20 billion though, so I don't suppose he'd take that job.

Edited by Alder Logs, 08 February 2018 - 12:09 PM.

• Myc and niemandgeist like this

#4 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,007 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 February 2018 - 12:14 PM

At time: 55:30 of the video, there are some star-like points of light crossing the screen on an upward trajectory, but this is not the direction of the car and camera's rotation as shown by the positions and trajectories of Sun, Earth, and Moon.   The dots of light are moving faster than anything else in the background, and in this different direction.  They look like stars but cannot be.   I wonder what those were? 

#5 Microbe

Microbe

civis scientiam

• OG VIP
  • 4,335 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 February 2018 - 12:19 PM

At time: 55:30 of the video, there are some star-like points of light crossing the screen on an upward trajectory, but this is not the direction of the car and camera's rotation as shown by the positions and trajectories of Sun, Earth, and Moon. The dots of light are moving faster than anything else in the background, and in this different direction. They look like stars but cannot be. I wonder what those were?

Props from the fake set, probably the same set they faked the lunar landing!

im joking a out the faked lunar landing as that is silly because I was with them and those are my footprints , it was after a 12 gram journey but I was there one time. I would speculate and say artificial space junk probably in a high earth altitude is what we were seeing.

Edited by Microbe, 08 February 2018 - 12:33 PM.

#6 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,007 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 February 2018 - 12:38 PM

The same or similar moving points of light again are seen at 1:19:30 and are visible for most of a minute, until the Earth takes over the background again.  This time, however, I noticed that not all these dots are on the same exact trajectories.  All are going upwards in the frame, but not all are on parallel tracks.   Are these just the cluster-fuck of polar orbit spy satellites that are up there now?   If that was it, wouldn't some of them be going the other way? 

I have also noticed when the side view of the roadster has the Earth behind it, there are no front brake rotors.   That would make sense, as traction would suck up there, so who needs the extra weight.  This isn't intended to be a Mars rover, after all.

Edited by Alder Logs, 08 February 2018 - 12:41 PM.

• Microbe likes this

#7 Microbe

Microbe

civis scientiam

• OG VIP
  • 4,335 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 February 2018 - 12:44 PM

2 hours and 6 minutes there are 3 more dots.....

#8 Microbe

Microbe

civis scientiam

• OG VIP
  • 4,335 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 February 2018 - 12:50 PM

I guess it may have eliminated us wasting more money in the future if we ever want to send another craft to or near mars.

https://www.theverge...-elon-musk-mars

Edited by Microbe, 08 February 2018 - 12:50 PM.

#9 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,007 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 February 2018 - 12:54 PM

There are shit-loads of the dots moving at 1:30:00+ and they are on many differing vectors and at varying velocities, but always moving on some vector that is upwards in the frame.   I have a hard time coming up with any explanations for what I am seeing.

#10 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• App Administrator
  • 5,437 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 February 2018 - 05:49 PM

AH SHIT THE CAR IS FLAT
  • coorsmikey and CatsAndBats like this

#11 illigitimateJester

illigitimateJester

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 352 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 05:53 PM

I wonder if I could write Tesla and get a free car....Since they're just polluting space with them....

#12 illigitimateJester

illigitimateJester

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 352 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 05:56 PM

There are shit-loads of the dots moving at 1:30:00+ and they are on many differing vectors and at varying velocities, but always moving on some vector that is upwards in the frame.   I have a hard time coming up with any explanations for what I am seeing.

It's water bubbles....

[Direct Link]

Edited by illigitimateJester, 09 February 2018 - 05:56 PM.

#13 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 3,779 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 February 2018 - 10:38 PM

Another flat Earth believer?

Edited by SteampunkScientist, 09 February 2018 - 10:47 PM.

#14 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,007 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 February 2018 - 01:03 AM

Someone here warned us that they are found all around the globe.

#15 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,467 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 February 2018 - 04:21 AM

The tesla, as far as I know, is just an ordinary tesla and has not been given the 'weight razor' treatment. So the body itself will probably last longer than the average satellite... but the paint might not, with all the xrays and UV... (The steel parts will last a LOT longer than the same car here on earth ... no O2 up there...)

#16 illigitimateJester

illigitimateJester

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 352 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 09:52 AM

I definitely don't believe the earth is flat, I do however, question whether we can leave earths lower orbit.....The video I was gonna paste(and it was a good one), the entire account has been deleted, so here's basically the alternate.....

[Direct Link]

Edited by illigitimateJester, 10 February 2018 - 09:55 AM.

• Alder Logs likes this

#17 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 3,779 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 February 2018 - 12:56 PM

This is how: https://www.popsci.c...en-belts#page-3

The Apollo trajectory was such that the hard radiation of the inner belt was avoided and the they went through a thinner portion of the outer belt.  But in the end, the astronauts did get zapped with a significant amount of radiation.  But most of them lived to ripe old ages (the ones that have passed) and there are of course some still alive.

Now you can choose to discount this... and believe we never went.  Oh, and one other thing about that video - the astronauts never went through those belts on a "Flimsy Lunar Lander" that was used exclusively around the moon and on it.  They would have been in the much heavier command module.. that conic shaped deal on the top of the Saturn Rocket.

Edited by SteampunkScientist, 10 February 2018 - 12:57 PM.

#18 darci

darci

snarky butt monkey

• OG VIP
  • 1,166 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 February 2018 - 06:35 PM

for a second i thought it was possible you were talking about that old movie with jeff bridges in it.  which i really like, for reasons i just can't explain.

i bet some fraternity is gonna steal that guy out of that car in the future as part of some grand prank.  they'll leave it on their rival's front yard, painted like a clown, and with a holographic and/or android phallus located on/in/nearby.  i predict this will happen in the year 2090, since though our technology continues to evolve, pretty much everything we do is related to the penis in some way or another.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!