• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#41 illigitimateJester

illigitimateJester

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 352 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 09:37 PM

How did this turn into a nothing burger about russia? FISA.....there, I said it.....

The fact that you consider manipulation of Truth to be nothing, is evidence of the effectiveness and danger of propaganda, in a free and open society.

...or perhaps the informed electorate of a democracy is simply not appealing in this situation

I do believe it to be nothing.....But I also believe that certain branches of the Gov't (the FBI and DOJ) were weaponized and used by an in-office political party to spy on and attempt to sabotage the opposing party running for election.... I think that's called treason, but I'm not too sure....

Edited by illigitimateJester, 11 February 2018 - 10:01 PM.

#42 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 15,541 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 February 2018 - 09:51 PM

There have been numerous things happen that should have been deemed treason. It appears to just be a word tossed about anymore, without anything actually being done about it. I don't understand why any of what goes on today is allowed to, unless it benefits both parties and they just agree to sweep it under the rug. 

• firerat, Spooner and illigitimateJester like this

#43 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,558 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 February 2018 - 09:59 PM

I am sure glad this country doesn't interfere with anyone else's democratic processes. 

Nope. Couldn't happen here... 

#44 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,910 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 February 2018 - 11:03 PM

According to Random House and Dictionary dot com.

Treason is any attempt to overthrow the government or impair the well-being of a state to which one owes allegiance; the crime of giving aid or comfort to the enemies of one's government.

I believe in legal terms, there are no enemies unless under an existing legally declared state of war.  As a democratic republic, it can be argued that here in the good ol' USofA, such a republic was overthrown by degree starting long ago, and completed under corporate rule of the military-industrial-security state complex.   This won't be presented this way by said complex's private ministry of propaganda.   It will be telling us what is and isn't propaganda.   Our version will be called, "journalism."   Theirs will be "propaganda."  

It's called, "the American Dream," because you'd have to be asleep to believe it.

~George Carlin

• illigitimateJester likes this

#45 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,910 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 February 2018 - 12:51 AM

Maybe Newspeak can replace "enemies" with "strategic competitors?"

https://www.wsj.com/...nits-1518195306

Russia, Russia, Russia...

[Direct Link]

#46 Mrs.Hippie3

Mrs.Hippie3

QueenBee

• Founders
  • 11,103 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 February 2018 - 09:27 AM

Speaking of kids these days.. wtf is up with all these school shootings?! What has changed in our society that makes these kids homicidal? I've heard everything from anti depressants to just bad parenting. These kids aren't even old enough to buy guns so most are stealing them from their parents which in my opinion is bad parenting. If you have kids and guns in the house not only should you have your gun locked up but you should still teach your child about gun safety. So what are your opinions on this subject without bringing the Russians into it? Lol

#47 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,509 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 February 2018 - 12:16 PM

First I'll agree with with you on the parenting bit. In fact when when my boys got old enough to take interest in my guns, and I knew they were times they'd be home alone, I got rid of mine because I didn't feel I could lock them away properly. That being said, I grew with guns I could have accessed, but never would have considered something nefarious.

There's definitely a problem, and its not the guns. Take away the guns and some other weapon will take its place.

One thing that seems to be common is most of these mass shooters are on prescription anti psychotics.
  • Mrs.Hippie3 likes this

#48 Mrs.Hippie3

Mrs.Hippie3

QueenBee

• Founders
  • 11,103 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 February 2018 - 03:49 PM

Any drug that makes people, especially kids, want to kill others and or themselves should really taken off the market. One day they are typical depressed teenagers then the next they are homicidal maniacs.. Don't see how this is any better. Need to go back to eating tide pods.. seems safer.. Lol

#49 AkChrisBrown

AkChrisBrown

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 04:13 PM

Any drug that makes people, especially kids, want to kill others and or themselves should really taken off the market. One day they are typical depressed teenagers then the next they are homicidal maniacs.. Don't see how this is any better. Need to go back to eating tide pods.. seems safer.. Lol

Like you said “typically” depressed. I remember when I was a kid I showed behaviors that would be considered adhd nowadays. And when I was a teenager I went through the whole teenage angst and depression thing. It was considered normal. Nowadays they just want to pump these kids full of the highly dangerous drugs when most of the time these are just normal fazes they are going through. Not to say clinical depression isn’t a real and serious issue. I just think they are too quick to start handing out the happy pills. As for the tide pods. I have no idea. I have yet to find a good reason for it other than just one more example of how our modern culture glamorizes stupidity and ignorance.

The mountains are calling and I must go.
  • Mrs.Hippie3 likes this

#50 firerat

firerat

Why am I so thirsty....

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,033 posts

Donator

Posted 16 February 2018 - 04:23 PM

Kids haven't changed at all. They're kids.

It's everyone else.

Edited by firerat, 16 February 2018 - 04:23 PM.

• Myc and Mrs.Hippie3 like this

#51 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,292 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 February 2018 - 10:26 PM

Yea it says right on the package Harmful if swallowed.. So why aren't these dumbass kids dying from this? Do we need up the dose? Lol

Harmful enough that they put the first child lock on laundry soap....now I cant get into the bag of pods ;)
  • Mrs.Hippie3, Juthro and Spooner like this

#52 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,910 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 February 2018 - 12:02 AM

What's for breakfast, Mom?

pods.jpg?w=600

• onediadem and wildedibles like this

#53 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,292 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 February 2018 - 05:35 AM

pods.jpg?w=600

Here you do not need the bleach. The tap water has all your daily requirements of bleach :)
  • Alder Logs, Spooner and AkChrisBrown like this

#54 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,910 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 February 2018 - 09:23 AM

pods.jpg?w=600

Here you do not need the bleach. The tap water has all your daily requirements of bleach :)

I hear you.  I was in Astoria, Oregon yesterday and washed my hands and was almost knocked over by the chlorine smell. 

• wildedibles likes this

#55 Spooner

Spooner

Horney Toad

• Black VIP
  • 2,752 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 February 2018 - 01:35 PM

pods.jpg?w=600

Some folks take clean living to an extreme.  

• wildedibles and Alder Logs like this

#56 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,292 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 February 2018 - 03:01 PM

e pods out there no matter what kind ....well they do look like gummy candy......?

I do rememer my little cuz being quiet at my Moms house this was long ago....well you gotta check on a quiet boy as I was comming to check on him he had his hands in the pwd laundry soap....b4 I could grab him he rubbed his eyes .....oh shit he wasnt quiet any more poor boy ....rinsed his eyes out really good and he was ok
  • Spooner likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!