3 replies to this topic

#1 shynobyred7

shynobyred7

Mycophiliac

• Myco Newb
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 05:50 PM

Hello, 

I am very happy to start Mycology and grow my own mushroom, after seeing one of Joe rogans podcast on youtube with the great Paul Stamets, I was totally suprised and taken with passion with every word he said, since them, I want to know more about mushrooms and specially psilocybe cubensis.

I started to wonder with Mycology when I started my current job and someone there at the time, told me he had a passion for mycology. It captivated my attention at first but nothing much more since psilocybe cubensis were for me only magic mushrooms that you take when you want to trip balls but thats much more than that and I want to know more, experiment and grow my own psilocybe cubensis.

I am 21 year old, I was born in France and I moved to canada where I live in the french province of Quebec since I am 8. You could describe me as shy, but ressourceful and my passion in life, is to gather knowledge. I like to take a break once in awhile with videogames (world of warcraft) but I will always try to learn something new everyday. I work as a computer technician at a SM company and do alot of different kind of IT stuff (we a 3 in our department) and I sure learn alot since I started to work here and this is how I like my jobs, not repetitive.

Anyway, I can say I had a hard teenagehood, lost my mother at 12 from suicide and made several depressions after that. I carried on with life but I had to cope and I started to smoke weed regularly at a young age and became addicted.

I am now trying to stop to become even more productive and put my skill and knowledge into practice instead of an idle state inside my head.

My skills include : Computer, science  (I love thinking about physics and quantum physics and I am a selfteaching person but I never done any advanced study in science), starting electronics and car mechanics.

Mycology is not one area of expertise but I want to know more about the myco world.

Since my introduction is done, I will post my questions for my first grow into another category since I thought it would be more politically correct.

Thank you for your read !

• wharfrat likes this

#2 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 6,034 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 February 2018 - 06:51 PM

Welcome to 'Topia !

#3 wharfrat

wharfrat