30 replies to this topic

#1 Capone

Capone

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 02:00 PM

Hello everyone

I'm new to this site and i'm not sure where i can post my DMT question, since i'm not allowed to post in the other forums yet?

• wharfrat likes this

#2 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,390 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 February 2018 - 02:02 PM

welcome, a few posts in this thread and you will have access to the rest of the site.. what question do you have about DMT?

#3 Capone

Capone

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 02:23 PM

It's my first time extracting dmt and i got this cloudy brown naphtha somehow, so i ran it through a filter and did the freeze tek

Now i got these tiny sticky brown crystals and what looks like very fine salt in the corner

I was wondering if someone could tell me if that fine salt like product is DMT, because i have never seen DMT like that. 

#4 Capone

Capone

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 02:25 PM

Also i'm trying to figure out how to post a picture, so you know what i'm talking about. Maybe you can tell me how to do that :D

#5 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,390 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 February 2018 - 02:50 PM

the sticky yellow goo is what is refered too as jungle spice, just oils n such that got trapped in the naps.. the salt looking stuff is prolly more purer dmt crystals, all should work as intended, some even prefer the jungle spice. 

to post a pic, click the "more reply options" next to the "post" button, from there u can upload pics directly from your device/comp.. you can also copy and paste pics from online directly into the text box

• coorsmikey likes this

#6 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,390 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 February 2018 - 02:53 PM

you are now a free member, I am going to move this thread into the botanical section of the site, you will get more views over there.

#7 Capone

Capone

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 02:53 PM

DSCN3845.JPG

• adrian118 likes this

#8 Capone

Capone

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 02:54 PM

Aight, thank you 

• wharfrat likes this

#9 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,390 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 February 2018 - 03:12 PM

that is all good DMT, the yellow/brown and any whiter stuff.. enjoy  :biggrin: 

#10 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,117 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 February 2018 - 03:28 PM

If you don't mind me asking, how much bark did you start with? That's quite a nice stash you got back.

#11 Capone

Capone

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 03:44 PM

I hope so :D

I was just worried that it could be lye and root bark powder that got trapped in the naphtha, since i was told to shake the jar vigorously for 3 minutes every 10 minute for 50 minutes

I guess that's why the naphtha turned a cloudy brown color too and the salt in the corner looks like the lye i was using

It looked like this before running it through a filter IMG_20180217_032712123.jpg

#12 Capone

Capone

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 03:45 PM

If you don't mind me asking, how much bark did you start with? That's quite a nice stash you got back.

250g MHRB. I guess it's the picture. The tray with the product is only like 3.5 x 3.5 inches

Edited by Capone, 21 February 2018 - 03:57 PM.

#13 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,390 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 February 2018 - 04:13 PM

shaking tends to aerate the mixture causing the oils to get trapped in the naps, too high of heat will also cause this.. suggest to gently roll the mixture, never shake. you will get much better results. 

Edited by wharfrat, 21 February 2018 - 04:13 PM.

#14 Capone

Capone

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 04:24 PM

Yeah, i tryed that on the second pull and barely got any DMT, but i got almost white crystals tho.

Looks like less that 100mg total DSCN3842.JPG

• wharfrat likes this

#15 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,117 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 February 2018 - 04:36 PM

The stuff in the corner does look like lye to me. That's why I asked how much bark you used. But if you were careful to let the naphtha separate and on decant naphtha and no water then no lye should have piggy backed. If it were me I would Re-x with clean naphtha, heat the new naphtha and DMT together with warm not hot water just until the DMT dissolves. If there is any lye in there, it will not dissolve in the luke warm naphtha.

Edited by coorsmikey, 22 February 2018 - 01:39 AM.

• wharfrat likes this

#16 Capone

Capone

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 06:03 PM

The stuff in the corner does look like lye to me. That's why I asked how much bark you used. But if you were careful to let the naphtha separate and on decant naphtha and no water then no lye should have piggy backed. If I were me I would Re-x with clean naphtha, heat the new naphtha and DMT together with warm not hot water just until the DMT dissolves. If there is any lye in there, it will not dissolve in the luke warm naphtha.

So after dissolving it in warm naphtha, would you suck it up with a baster or run it through a coffee filter? 

I have already dissolved it in warm naphtha and ran it through a coffee filter twice, but if there was any lye water in there i guess it would just go through the filter like the naphtha maybe? 

This is what was left in the coffee filter IMG_20180221_191323.jpg

#17 Capone

Capone

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 06:10 PM

This is as dry as it gets. It's like half crystals and half goo

From the brown naphtha DSCN3850.JPG

From the clear naphtha DSCN3852.JPG

• coorsmikey likes this

#18 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,117 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 February 2018 - 08:28 PM

Now that latest pic looks about right to me, in fact seeing it gave me a craving lol. That’s about as clean as you’re gonna get it without loosing a bunch. Now did you have any flakes of undissolved lye once you added the clean naphtha?
If you wanted white Xtal you could freeze the naphtha to grow xtals. Then dump the naps off into another container. Let the xtals dry and most of the orange goop will still be in the naps for you to recycle or evaporate down. The orange goop can be vaped right up from the dish with a Nectar Collector vaporizer. Honestly right where you have yours at now it’s perfect in my opinion. It’s a much more spiritual ride than the pure white. Also seems to last longer. Where as the pure white is a fast visual mindfuck that only lasts a few minutes. Mileage may vary though with different people.
Another tip I want to throw at you, separate the bark and acidic solution (or basic if doing STB) before going to base (or adding solvent with STB) and you will have a much cleaner pull. Use the filter to get the last little bit of acidic solution from the bark. Then you will have clear naptha for the pull instead of yellow/brown.

Edited by coorsmikey, 22 February 2018 - 01:32 AM.

• Phineas_Carmichael likes this

#19 Capone

Capone

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 09:02 PM

Now that latest pic looks about right to me, in fact seeing it gave me a craving lol. That’s about as clean as you’re gonna get it without loosing a bunch. Now did you have any flakes of undissolved lye once you added the clean naphtha?
If you wanted white Xtal you could freeze the naphtha to grow xtals. Then dump the naps off into another container. Let the xtals dry and most of the orange goop will still be in the naps for you to recycle or evaporate down. The orange goop can be vaped right up from the dish with a Nectar Collector vaporizer. Honestly right where you have yours at now it’s perfect in my opinion. It’s a much more spiritual ride than the pure white. Also seems to last longer. Where as the pure white is a fast visual mindfuck that only lasts a few minutes. Mileage may vary though with different people.
Another tip I want to throw at you, separate the bark and acidic solution (or basic if doing STB) before going to base (or adding solvent with STB) and you will have a much cleaner pull. Use the filter to get the last little bit of acidic solution from the bark. The you will have clear naptha for the pull instead of yellow/brown.

I don't think that i got any undissolved lye in the filter. I only got that brown goo as you can see on the other picture. Could be mixed with the brown stuff tho

I'll keep washing the brown product till it looks a bit more like the yellow crystals

Thanks alot everyone. I really appreciate it

#20 Phineas_Carmichael

Phineas_Carmichael

Hooloovoo

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,943 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 01:00 AM

Don't get me wrong, I am all about "producing a chemically pure and stable product that performs as advertised," and for my money, DMT should be a white crystalline solid (to be mixed with the jungle goo on a dose-by-dose basis depending on preference if desired), but I sometimes think we worry a little too much about lye contamination.

For starters, lye is insoluble in non-polar solvents and so shouldn't make its way into the extraction layer at all.  If a small amount of lye water makes it into the naphtha during the evap we're talking about milligrams of contamination in the final product.  Extrapolate down to the fact that a dose is 50-100mg or less, we're probably talking about micrograms in the final vaporized dose.

Now consider that the boiling (vaporization) point of pure DMT is around 160*C at atmospheric pressure and the boiling point of lye is 1388*C it is highly unlikely that any NaOH will be vaporized along with the target.  A butane torch (ignition temp ~1400*C) could potentially vaporize that lye, but we're not hitting our piles of DMT with straight butane flame.  Even if we have it sandwiched in some herb in a pipe we're probably not going above ~900*C.

That said, once again, I will forever be an advocate of producing the purest DMT possible, mostly because chemistry is fun!  But, I suspect that we needn't worry about "Dirty DMT" like we used to worry about "The Brown Acid."  You've got some decent looking product there Capone.  Enjoy!

Edited by Phineas_Carmichael, 23 February 2018 - 01:02 AM.

• coorsmikey likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!