#21 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,513 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 February 2018 - 02:51 AM

I strongly suggest setting some of that aside and keeping it as is, and only cleaning up part of it. After paying extra to get some cleaner white crystals, I found I LOVE the dirty yellow glass shards much better than the white stuff. The yellower stuff is an amazing and spiritual experience. The white stuff hit me hard and soulless and was sort of dry and stiff compared to the beautiful yellow stuff. The difference is HUGE in my opinion and it is a lot easier getting the so called "dirty" stuff. Try it as is anyhow so you can make the comparison. Just my two cents worth...

• coorsmikey and Cigarsam like this

#22 Capone

Capone

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 05:49 AM

So... I'm now done with the wash of my brown crystals.

I used some warm naphtha to dissolve all the brown crystals and then i let the naphtha separate from the dirt

I slowly poured off the naphtha in another container. Now i had this yellowish naphtha without any dirt, but decided to run it through a coffee filter just to be sure

It has now been in the freezer for around 48 hours at -4 degrees and this is what i got

IMG_20180224_111249.jpg

No crystals at all this time, just this thin layer of goo. I can't even pour of the naphtha at this point because the goo is mixed with the naphtha

I'm now trying to evaporate the naphtha away instead

#23 Capone

Capone

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 05:55 AM

Before wash DSCN3850.JPG

After wash IMG_20180224_111249.jpg

#24 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 5,855 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 February 2018 - 04:03 PM

I think appears that there is water in that second picture, water will definitely screw with the DMT crashing from the naps. The only way I know how to get the water out without loosing the dmt is to freeze the mixture until the the water is solid like in your pic. Dump the naps off and the let the water thaw and evaporate. Then pour the naps back in and try to precipitate the dmt again. Or evap all of it down, but I don’t like to waste the naptha if I don’t have to.

it should look more like a salt than globs when freeze precipitated.

AD0A5B54-B130-4094-9E42-21E959618B0B.jpeg

Edited by coorsmikey, 24 February 2018 - 04:08 PM.

#25 Capone

Capone

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 04:11 PM

I think appears that there is water in that second picture, water will definitely screw with the DMT crashing from the naps. The only way I know how to get the water out without loosing the dmt is to freeze the mixture until the the water is solid like in your pic. Dump the naps off and the let the water thaw and evaporate. Then pour the naps back in and try to precipitate the dmt again.

it should look more like a salt than globs when freeze precipitated.

attachicon.gifAD0A5B54-B130-4094-9E42-21E959618B0B.jpeg

I evaporated almost all the naphtha, but it was like the product evaporated too, so decided to freeze it again before it was too late

Now some of the goo is back (Not as much as before), but i do not have any water in there as far as i can tell

I'll go take a picture so you can see

#26 Capone

Capone

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 04:14 PM

IMG_20180224_221201.jpg

#27 Capone

Capone

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 04:22 PM

I guess it will turn out fine when it's completely dry

Just found it weird that i got crystals at first and then goo after the wash 

#28 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 5,855 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 February 2018 - 04:53 PM

Glad you were able to recover. I’m still putting my money on water getting in there somehow, condensation from the glass in the freeze maybe.

#29 Capone

Capone

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 05:34 PM

Glad you were able to recover. I’m still putting my money on water getting in there somehow, condensation from the glass in the freeze maybe.

Yeah, that's probably it

I have been reading some guides online about DMT and seems like everyone is saying something different, so i could like to ask you a couple of questions. It's seems like you know what you're talking about :)

What should the temperature be at when you freeze and when you evaporate?

How long would you freeze it for?

I'm using a glass beaker so when people say you should roll the mixture, would you then lay it down on it's side and roll it so the naphtha get's down where is mixture was (Without getting it mixed, ofc)

or would you just let the beaker stand up and roll it so the naphtha is just swirling around on the top, if you know what i mean

I have even seen some people turn the glass upside down slowly.

I'm just very slowly swirling the naphtha around on the top, but seems like i could get way more out of it by doing it different

#30 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 5,855 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 February 2018 - 07:27 PM

Yeah I feel that just like with cultivating mushrooms people tend to do a lot more than necessary, especially when it comes to Teks.

Personally I just took what I remember from College Chem and what I have available to use for tools and just started doing extractions. I don’t mind taking a stab at your question, but just like everyone else I’m sure these are just my answers for what works for me.

Zero Fahrenheit or colder is sufficient to precipitate. My standand refrigerator/freezer combo let’s me set it as low as -6f I use that often. Sometimes I even put the stuff outside in temps lowered than -20f and I prefer it as cold as I can get it, but’s I shoot for speed and completing the task as fast as possible. If shards is what you’re looking for and not the fine salt looking stuff I believe zero to be a good target temp.

You want to freeze is as long as it takes to get as much of the alkaloids as possible to precipitate. Best to just keep an eye on it until you can’t see any more changes. Also it depends on how much solvent is used, if you have 4gr of alkaloids in 100 ml of naps it going to freeze and crash much faster than if 4gr in a 1000 ml. I will often just freeze overnight which for me is 4-8 hours. But again if  you’re wanting perty shards then slow and long is better without any disturbance or vibrations. So find a balance that works for you, I shoot for the yellow salt as fast as I can, I want to get er done fast and clean without anyone stopping over and preferably without the other member of my household knowing what I was doing. Somehow she always figures it out when the frozen French Fries tastes like naps and the fridge smells like new shoes.

Ok now let see if I can solve the mystery of Gently Roll vs. Shaken. This is my best unscientific explanation. From the basic solution when the naps is added, if the solution is not alkaline enough the naps and lye water does not like to separate very fast. I think because people still have the bark in the solution at this stage it takes a lot of lye to get the pH above 11-14. Also with the bark there one might test the pH let’s say 14 and 10 minutes later it can drop back to 9 because the solids from the continue to nuetralize the lye. By not having the high pH the naps doesn’t do it’s job correctly and has a hard time separating. So instead of address the pH or testing it again somewhere someone thought that gently rolling the solution had better results than shaking. I have seen peeps have this issue and it can take days for separation and they are doing second and third pulls still getting a lot of akloids back. I only do a second pull to confirm I got everything the first and rarely get anything significant by doing a second pull. So my personal opinion is go ahead and shake the shit out of it after you are sure the pH is stabilized at the target number.

Im gonna add another peice of what I believe to be good practice. Separate the bark from the liquid while the solution is still acidic if doing A\B and before solvent is added on StB. If doing A/B then consider a “defat” during the acidic stage to not have as much goo in the end product. It’s super simple! DMT salt will not take to naps like Freebase does, the fats do. So with the solution under 4 pH naptha will pull the fats not the DMT. ( definitely want to shake in this step) Then I prefer not to waste the naps so I let the fats separate again and dispose of them while keeping the naps. If you want to try these two steps, you will have yellow Xtal on the first pull and without having to wash. White Xtal on the the first try if you freeze precipitate and pour the naps off the Xtal to let dry. Recycle the naps on your next pull if you’re worried that you might have left something valuable.

Edited by coorsmikey, 24 February 2018 - 07:39 PM.

• Coopdog, Phineas_Carmichael and Capone like this

#31 Capone

Capone

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 08:12 PM

Yeah I feel that just like with cultivating mushrooms people tend to do a lot more than necessary, especially when it comes to Teks.

Personally I just took what I remember from College Chem and what I have available to use for tools and just started doing extractions. I don’t mind taking a stab at your question, but just like everyone else I’m sure these are just my answers for what works for me.

Zero Fahrenheit or colder is sufficient to precipitate. My standand refrigerator/freezer combo let’s me set it as low as -6f I use that often. Sometimes I even put the stuff outside in temps lowered than -20f and I prefer it as cold as I can get it, but’s I shoot for speed and completing the task as fast as possible. If shards is what you’re looking for and not the fine salt looking stuff I believe zero to be a good target temp.

You want to freeze is as long as it takes to get as much of the alkaloids as possible to precipitate. Best to just keep an eye on it until you can’t see any more changes. Also it depends on how much solvent is used, if you have 4gr of alkaloids in 100 ml of naps it going to freeze and crash much faster than if 4gr in a 1000 ml. I will often just freeze overnight which for me is 4-8 hours. But again if  you’re wanting perty shards then slow and long is better without any disturbance or vibrations. So find a balance that works for you, I shoot for the yellow salt as fast as I can, I want to get er done fast and clean without anyone stopping over and preferably without the other member of my household knowing what I was doing. Somehow she always figures it out when the frozen French Fries tastes like naps and the fridge smells like new shoes.

Ok now let see if I can solve the mystery of Gently Roll vs. Shaken. This is my best unscientific explanation. From the basic solution when the naps is added, if the solution is not alkaline enough the naps and lye water does not like to separate very fast. I think because people still have the bark in the solution at this stage it takes a lot of lye to get the pH above 11-14. Also with the bark there one might test the pH let’s say 14 and 10 minutes later it can drop back to 9 because the solids from the continue to nuetralize the lye. By not having the high pH the naps doesn’t do it’s job correctly and has a hard time separating. So instead of address the pH or testing it again somewhere someone thought that gently rolling the solution had better results than shaking. I have seen peeps have this issue and it can take days for separation and they are doing second and third pulls still getting a lot of akloids back. I only do a second pull to confirm I got everything the first and rarely get anything significant by doing a second pull. So my personal opinion is go ahead and shake the shit out of it after you are sure the pH is stabilized at the target number.

Im gonna add another peice of what I believe to be good practice. Separate the bark from the liquid while the solution is still acidic if doing A\B and before solvent is added on StB. If doing A/B then consider a “defat” during the acidic stage to not have as much goo in the end product. It’s super simple! DMT salt will not take to naps like Freebase does, the fats do. So with the solution under 4 pH naptha will pull the fats not the DMT. ( definitely want to shake in this step) Then I prefer not to waste the naps so I let the fats separate again and dispose of them while keeping the naps. If you want to try these two steps, you will have yellow Xtal on the first pull and without having to wash. White Xtal on the the first try if you freeze precipitate and pour the naps off the Xtal to let dry. Recycle the naps on your next pull if you’re worried that you might have left something valuable.

Thank you so much for taking your time to answer all my questions! 

I have already separated the bark from the liquid through a filter the other day. It's still this very thick black/brownish liquid tho (My bark was extremely fine, maybe that's why)

I'm about to do the first pull since i separated the bark, so i'll see if it got any better 

• coorsmikey, Coopdog and Phineas_Carmichael like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!