Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

The Shadowbox - A Low Maintenance Universal Fruiting Chamber Tek + Easy Ps. Mexicana Grow Tutorial

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#81 DonShadow

DonShadow

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 588 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 October 2020 - 04:01 PM

I’ve grown mexicana and semperviva in this chamber in approximately the same conditions. Semperviva doesn’t need a ton of fae or humidity. I set my fan to cycle 3-4 times in a 24 hrs period, for 2-3 minutes per cycle.

#82 Celestialexplorer1

Celestialexplorer1

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 219 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 05:20 PM

Is semperviva the one that won’t fruit with too much FAE though? Do that is about every 6 hrs then.

Edited by Celestialexplorer1, 18 October 2020 - 05:24 PM.

#83 DonShadow

DonShadow

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 588 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 October 2020 - 06:52 PM

I’ve not yet encountered a situation in which semperviva didn’t fruit. It’s not very temperamental. Check this log: https://mycotopia.ne...rates-compared/

#84 Celestialexplorer1

Celestialexplorer1

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 219 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 08:04 PM

Shoomery on the exotics thread is where I read it and it was actually both semperviva and hispanica both that people were saying they were having trouble when they had a lot of FAE hole and air exchange. But that’s good you had success with this chamber because that’s where I’m going to have to fruit them. I have two quarts now I need to spawn.

#85 newmoon

newmoon

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 273 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 10:12 PM

Both mexicana and semperviva will fruit without any active FAE or misting (beyond keeping the casing moist), with just holes in the chamber for air exchange; both will also fruit and develop nicely with high FAE and misting, as DonShadow's grows show. If someone was having a problem relating to high FAE maybe they were just letting things dry out too much?

• DonShadow likes this

#86 Celestialexplorer1

Celestialexplorer1

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 219 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 10:34 PM

Good to know I’m running semperviva for the first time here soon just spawned it tonight. I’ll write that on brain for later
  • DonShadow likes this

#87 Jrotten

Jrotten

Amateurish

• Gold VIP
  • 990 posts

Posted 21 October 2020 - 08:29 PM

It’s not the fresh air they don’t like. It’s moving air and low humidity they don’t like. They fruits are hygrophanous so you can tell easily when they are drying out. The FC I have grown them in has basically atmospheric air conditions but very high humidity. You can fan them once a day.

In nature they grow on the ground among other plants that are producing exchanging co2 for oxygen while also providing a windbreak and humid microclimate.

#88 Celestialexplorer1

Celestialexplorer1

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 219 posts

Posted 21 October 2020 - 10:56 PM

So my plan for the FC is this. Keeping everything basically the same as the original write up. Air stones, perlite, fan on a 6 hr cycle(4 times per day) but before the fan cycle I’m going to run the fogger in for a couple minutes then kick on the fan. It’s gonna take some dialing in but I believe it should work to eliminate the need for misting entirely.

As it stand now with just the fan and fogger running already I don’t have to mist at all. The chamber is fully automated but I have several species other than pans that don’t seem to be doing there absolute best. Pans work perfect but I’d like to be able to run several species side by side.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!