• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Capone

Capone

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 07:32 PM

I'm now done with my 250g MHRB extraction. I got 1g DMT crystals and 0.3g of goo. Can't get any DMT out of it anymore

It's my first time extracting and probably did it wrong (Just followed a Youtube video).

So i'm clearly not experienced, but 1g of crystals from 250g MHRB doesn't seem right? Or am i wrong? 

I have done around 5 pulls so far and the mixture have been in the glass for days by now. Could that be the problem? I have no idea about the pH, so i'll get some pH paper tomorrow

So this is the information i got from the video:

Grind 250g MHRB to powder

Mix 250g lye with 1500ml water and let it cool down

Add the powdered bark to the water and mix

Let it sit for a bit and add 375ml Naphtha (I tryed with 375ml Naphtha at the first pull, but it seemed like too much so cut it down to 200ml)

Place the glass beaker in a pot with warm water

Slowly roll the glass beaker every 3 hours and change the water for 24 hours 

After 24 hours pour the Naphtha in a tray and freeze it for 24 hours

Done, repeat

That's what i did expect that i separated the bark at the last pull so i could shake the mixture and make sure i got everything out, but still barely any DMT 

#2 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,120 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 February 2018 - 07:54 PM

A lot of variables to say definitively. But 0.52% is not a good return. Even the cheap bark I get gives me at least 1% back. Personally though from what I read, you should have had a better yield. Even if you kind of mess up the first round, the second round would have caught it. I know you say you removed the bark as we spoke about, but did you try a second extraction on the bark? Also what was the pH when you added the naptha?
It may be crappy bark and not your process, so don’t beat yourself up.

Edited by coorsmikey, 27 February 2018 - 07:58 PM.

• CatsAndBats likes this

#3 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 11,605 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 February 2018 - 08:03 PM

Seems low. One percent is the par for decent pulls for neophyte/non-chemists and you're obviously short on that. I can't help much but I suggest that you present your plans for extractions before you dump 250g of MHRB in anything. It's so expensive.

I do an a2b extract:

https://wiki.dmt-nex..._ATB_'Salt'_Tek

I find   Phineas_Carmichael  posts informative, searching him gave me this thread:

https://mycotopia.ne...dmt-extraction/

here's another good thread:

https://mycotopia.ne...dmt-extraction/

• Phineas_Carmichael likes this

#4 Capone

Capone

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 08:05 PM

A lot of variables to say definitively. But 0.52% is not a good return. Even the cheap bark I get gives me at least 1% back. Personally though from what I read, you should have had a better yield. Even if you kind of mess up the first round, the second round would have caught it. I know you say you removed the bark as we spoke about, but did you try a second extraction on the bark? Also what was the pH when you added the naptha?
It may be crappy bark and not your process, so don’t beat yourself up.

Yeah, i did two extractions after i removed the bark and i got like 5 tiny crystals in the tray, lol

I didn't have any pH paper and at that time i didn't think it would be necessary since he didn't say anything about testing it

Alot of people who have ordered MHRB from the website have made a comment about how potent the bark is, so i guess i just messed up

#5 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,120 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 February 2018 - 08:18 PM

One issue when you get shredded bark is that it’s not homogenized. So let’s say when they harvest the bark there is the stuff that comes from within 1’ of the surface. That bark is not gonna have the same quality of the bark from 3’ under. So if the bark that’s 3’ Under is 3% and the bark from the surface is 0.5%, with chunks or shredded you get what you get. If it’s blended or powdered then the crap from the top gets mixed with spthe good stuff from below. So you get a more consistent yield with powdered. Shredded and chunked you can have bark from the same tree and have different results. It all depends on where that was harvested from. Are you picking up what I’m laying down?
Don’t beat yourself up and like the Cat mentions, don’t be shy on trying and A/B pull. I could walk ya through it if you. Figure out the basics like you did with the STB.

#6 Capone

Capone

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 08:48 PM

One issue when you get shredded bark is that it’s not homogenized. So let’s say when they harvest the bark there is the stuff that comes from within 1’ of the surface. That bark is not gonna have the same quality of the bark from 3’ under. So if the bark that’s 3’ Under is 3% and the bark from the surface is 0.5%, with chunks or shredded you get what you get. If it’s blended or powdered then the crap from the top gets mixed with spthe good stuff from below. So you get a more consistent yield with powdered. Shredded and chunked you can have bark from the same tree and have different results. It all depends on where that was harvested from. Are you picking up what I’m laying down?
Don’t beat yourself up and like the Cat mentions, don’t be shy on trying and A/B pull. I could walk ya through it if you. Figure out the basics like you did with the STB.

I got ya. It's all good, atleast i got 1g of good DMT and that's more than enough for me

I could like to try that A/B pull, but i do not have anymore root bark right now

#7 invisibilitysyndrome

invisibilitysyndrome

SEE?

• OG VIP
  • 1,331 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 March 2018 - 08:55 AM

did you roll the naptha thru the bark material like upside down over up down evry with way to get naptha thru as much material as possible?

• CatsAndBats likes this

#8 Capone

Capone

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 March 2018 - 12:58 PM

did you roll the naptha thru the bark material like upside down over up down evry with way to get naptha thru as much material as possible?

At first i was just slowly swirling the naphtha around on top and that's actually where i got the biggest yield

At the end i started to shake everything together to make sure i got all the DMT out of the mixture and barely got any DMT

I tested the pH and it was around 13, so i guess it was just some crappy MHRB

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!