• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Rangley

Rangley

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 239 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 09:57 PM

I have spent some time in the Fungi section of this community. I heavily research, and execute grows in an experimental format. I realize every thriving organism has an ideal set of parameters. However, I want to introduce myself here. From the south I’m a veteran who found this community as an escape from deadly pharmaceuticals. I’m glad to finally find and learn this side of ‘Topia! I have a lifetime of curiosity, but just a few years working with fungi, and plants. Ultimately the growth of my family, and finally finding an accommodating roost means branching out. No pun intended.

With spring upon us I have started several projects and have several more on the white board. For the birth of my daughter we found a “Golden Nugget” succulent. The start of our family, the start of cultivating and aiding growth. Days later we decided to take on as many plants as we can keep around. Watching and caring for all nature’s children has become a calling.

Helping a friend out days later we stumbled across quite the blessing. A sign pulling me towards botany. One of his white oaks is near death after several lightning strikes. Yet an extended cold spell, and lots of rain gave her lineage hope. We managed to uproot and transplant 12 white oak acorns. After a short week in my care only four still have their acorns. All but two already have the first inch of their shoot.

From what I read online now is not the time to collect acorns, nor try and grow them. However the plant will tell you more than an online article “most of the time”

Attached Thumbnails

• A28BDBCF-0EA2-417A-B447-D6AA291FD07B.jpeg
  • EAF0D28E-E1F2-4EA4-8A20-EEE9449C8CD1.jpeg
  • 34B087DC-186E-40AD-BD19-9137C170D070.jpeg
  • 8FF62470-2799-4581-B3C7-E4BF66315E36.jpeg
  • 1ED0B116-7841-4207-AEF6-880BF99737DA.jpeg
  • 320E4693-6378-405D-964E-3C71643F44C4.jpeg

• onediadem, coorsmikey and CatsAndBats like this

#2 tregar

tregar

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 648 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 05:48 AM

Hi Rangley, beautiful pics! thanks for sharing, yes I agree man-made pharmaceuticals are just not for me either. The only thing that cured me of long lasting depression, anxiety, and self-confidence issues (years and years of) was just a few sessions of Nature made Ayahuasca, best medicine on the planet.

• Rangley likes this

#3 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 11,637 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 March 2018 - 08:07 PM

I have spent some time in the Fungi section of this community. I heavily research, and execute grows in an experimental format. I realize every thriving organism has an ideal set of parameters. However, I want to introduce myself here. From the south I’m a veteran who found this community as an escape from deadly pharmaceuticals. I’m glad to finally find and learn this side of ‘Topia! I have a lifetime of curiosity, but just a few years working with fungi, and plants. Ultimately the growth of my family, and finally finding an accommodating roost means branching out. No pun intended.

With spring upon us I have started several projects and have several more on the white board. For the birth of my daughter we found a “Golden Nugget” succulent. The start of our family, the start of cultivating and aiding growth. Days later we decided to take on as many plants as we can keep around. Watching and caring for all nature’s children has become a calling.

Helping a friend out days later we stumbled across quite the blessing. A sign pulling me towards botany. One of his white oaks is near death after several lightning strikes. Yet an extended cold spell, and lots of rain gave her lineage hope. We managed to uproot and transplant 12 white oak acorns. After a short week in my care only four still have their acorns. All but two already have the first inch of their shoot.

From what I read online now is not the time to collect acorns, nor try and grow them. However the plant will tell you more than an online article “most of the time”

Hi Rangley, beautiful pics! thanks for sharing, yes I agree man-made pharmaceuticals are just not for me either. The only thing that cured me of long lasting depression, anxiety, and self-confidence issues (years and years of) was just a few sessions of Nature made Ayahuasca, best medicine on the planet.

Some pharmas have their use in my toolbox. :tongue:  What's your plan for the baby trees? What did you do with the original tree?

• Rangley likes this

#4 Rangley

Rangley

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 239 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 12:04 PM

I still have not had the gift of enjoying dimitri or aya. I have just begun my psychedelic journey...

#5 Rangley

Rangley

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 239 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 12:08 PM

Some pharmas have their use in my toolbox. :tongue:  What's your plan for the baby trees? What did you do with the original tree?

I’m going to grow them in pots while keeping them acclimated until they are around two feet tall. Then we will transplant them to our farmland. We are going to throw everything we have at the mother white oak this spring/summer in an effort to save her. However she has been struck by lightning three times!!

#6 Rangley

Rangley

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 239 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 12:08 PM

Holy quote Batman...

#7 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 11,637 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 March 2018 - 12:57 PM

Holy quote Batman...

I blame my mouse. I AM THE BATMAN!

• Rangley likes this

#8 Rangley

Rangley

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 239 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 01:07 PM

Holy quote Batman...

I blame my mouse. I AM THE BATMAN!

Then I quoted the entire thread with replies I also picked up two different species of prickly pear! They are getting their callous now!

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!