• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 nugget

nugget

VIP Member

• OG VIP
  • 408 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 06:53 AM

Anyone have any experience preparing dried peyote chips to consume? I searched a while back for a recipe but it was pretty inconclusive, there is really very little info on the matter.

I would guess just boil and strain? but for how long.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC00126.JPG

• DualWieldRake and MasterYoda like this

#2 stoogie

stoogie

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 141 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 02:40 PM

They are very green. How have your grown then? Have they had feed and lights? Be interesting to hear results

#3 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 6,888 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 March 2018 - 05:47 PM

Are you preparing the ones in your picture?

If so, you can eat them fresh. Plan to eat at least 8, of a 1 1/2"to 2"diameter, and I would recommend more like 10 to 12 that size, or more smaller ones. 

Be sure you fast for 12 hours before, and do not drink anymore than sips of water while eating them as too much fluid will speed up the purge, and you want to hold off that phase if you can. Chewing dried fruit like apricots between buttons helps clear the bitterness. Eating small amounts of candied ginger during the eating process also helps reduce nausea. Take your time eating them, don't rush.

They are actually easiest to eat when fresh like your picture. Be sure you have planned to have no obligations for a good 24 hours, as you will be 12+ hours and need time to sleep afterward.

You will purge at some point, hours in. At that point, don't fight it, just let it go. You will rush afterward and hit one of the best peaks afterward. If you must drink during the chewing process, orange juice in small sips works well.

If you are not up to just eat them, you can also make a tea with the irishlion tec. be sure you strain and re cook at least 3 times to get most of the alkaloids. 

https://mycotopia.ne...e-by-irishlion/

Enjoy and share your experience with us.

• Myc, Coopdog, Spooner and 1 other like this

#4 stoogie

stoogie

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 141 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 01:20 PM

How do they compare to other psychedelics Sky? I’m wondering whether the results are worth the purging and bitterness?!

#5 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 6,888 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 March 2018 - 06:17 PM

Peyote and other cactus are quite similar. I would say the cactus experience is the longest, with surge peaks for a long time after the initial onset. Peyote is a kind teacher, with a euphoria that goes with, making the experience very emotional at times. The bitter taste is just part of the initial process. People seem to often fear or find the purge distasteful, but in actuality it is a true cleansing that allows you to release all the tension and anticipatory fear in a physical way. The peak that follows will be awesome.

Cactus is very colorful and visual. As with IMO all natural psychedelics, there is a presence, a connection to the earth. I find LSD equally colorful, but for me without the presence, colder. Peyote and other mescaline containing cactus, feel to me like I am guided by the spirit of the cactus to where it leads, and the lessons will be what I need.

I find it a journey that needs proper preparation, and should be taken with respect and gratitude to the cactus.

• onediadem, stoogie and adrian118 like this

#6 stoogie

stoogie

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 141 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 12:55 PM

Really informative. It sounds very intriguing, although not something I’d rush to do on a whim. Find the chemistry interesting with similarities to amphetamine. There is the amphetamine analogue that was created by Alles in the 1930’s that is synthetic but very hallucinogenic.

#7 nugget

nugget

VIP Member

• OG VIP
  • 408 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 10:29 AM

They are allready dried that was years of work that I have cataloged somewhat https://mycotopia.ne...ctus-grow-log/  I suppose when the time comes ill boil three times, strain and reduce.  It might be a while longer yet until everything falls into place.  I used a little bit of cactus fert and pedro grafts. a led light that was 160 or 120 watts 

Edited by nugget, 23 March 2018 - 10:31 AM.

#8 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 6,888 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 March 2018 - 12:10 PM

With dried material, you will get a much cleaner final tea, When the slime part of a fresh brew is subtracted, You get a far more tea colored and thinner viscosity tea, IMO this is the easiest to consume, I would actually keep doing low temp boil and strain, untill there was nothing coming out of the dried material anymore.

If you don't just glug it down, but take it in over an hour or more time period, the nausea and purge is greatly reduced, and you have time to absorb the greatest amount of alkaloids. Because of how much time, love, and effort you have invested, I would suggest trying to go on the high side of your dosing, and also of keeping at least a few cactus to continue the propagation. After you have had a physical and spiritual "merging" of your flesh with the cactus, the bond you will feel with a continued living part is in itself an awesome experience.

• adrian118 likes this

#9 stoogie

stoogie

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 141 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 03:27 PM

Sounds very cool. How would you compare to psilocybin and DMT, is it as powerful? Really hope you have a good one nugget

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!