#261 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,424 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 August 2019 - 06:27 PM

I haven't read this since I posted last time in until now. Even then I didn't/couldn't read most of it. I still think of yogurt when I see the title. I did just attempt to skim through it to consider if it belongs like mentioned in post #4 I believe.  I don't think the subject itself is reflective of who we are as community. I think the the replies and opinions of who took the time to respectfully word what they think better represents who we are as a whole. The true mindset of the what most here think is very clear! At the very least, what is coherent enough to skim through without going down the rabbit hole of links and search engines, is entertaining.

Edited by coorsmikey, 04 August 2019 - 06:33 PM.

• Juthro and Thacan like this

#262 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,482 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 August 2019 - 06:38 PM

Does the rabbit that hides and runs from the coyote think he is the enemy or a friend? Neither it’s just a coyote.

I suppose a difference between us then, is that I'll at least begin to define an enemy as someone who uses the threat of violence against me up to and including threat of death, simply for the personal decision I make for my own life. But I suppose that uses, as it's basis, the understanding that people - those in the FBI in this instance - have autonomy to make decisions. Unlike rabbits and coyotes, for the most part.

• TVCasualty and Thacan like this

#263 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 11,334 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 August 2019 - 06:39 PM

Does the rabbit that hides and runs from the coyote think he is the enemy or a friend? Neither it’s just a coyote.

I've used a very similar analogy for my views on freedom/following the law. Which is to say that I think we still live in "the wilderness," but it's a slightly different one than the one our ancestors lived in but the level of 'freedom' is the same as it ever was. So just like how rabbits are free to hop around anywhere they want, that doesn't mean that it's wise or prudent to hop around in front of coyotes or coyote dens. To do so would be an example of 'freedumb,' which seems to be getting increasingly popular in America, particularly with regard to the 2nd Amendment.

In any case there seems to be an inordinate number of allusions to rabbits in various contexts lately. This probably means something, but I have no idea what.

• Thacan likes this

#264 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 11,334 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 August 2019 - 06:40 PM

I suppose a difference between us then, is that I'll at least begin to define an enemy as someone who uses the threat of violence against me up to and including threat of death, simply for the personal decision I make for my own life. But I suppose that uses, as it's basis, the understanding that people - those in the FBI in this instance - have autonomy to make decisions. Unlike rabbits and coyotes, for the most part.

And analogies like mine have their limits, of course. Coyotes don't have surveillance gear, or agendas. Just appetites and instincts.

• August West, Juthro and Thacan like this

#265 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,585 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 August 2019 - 08:04 PM

I never thought I would run out of likes in this thread.....lol

Peace y'all, I'm going fishing :)

• Thacan likes this

#266 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,585 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 August 2019 - 02:29 AM

I never thought I would run out of likes in this thread.....lol

Peace y'all, I'm going fishing :)

Just so you know, the effort applied in fishing paid off a lot better for me then this thread has :)

IMG_1532r.1.jpg

I wish we could leave it all behind, the politics that is.  I wish I, and all my brothers could see eye to eye, and all understand that we are being played against each other.

It's not the poor souls from Mexico that are keeping you, and I from being successful.   It's not the Chinese, or the Russians either.  It is the man (men) behind the curtain right here at home that play us against each other.

Diversity makes us stronger when we all strive in the same direction for improvement, and that is what the man fears (IMHO).   I really hope we can get there someday.

But with that said, I think Q is a herald of hate, intolerance,  and indifference, and that it has no legit place here at the topia. Q is all about stoking the fires of hate, and division, and I would  like to think that here we strive more for mutual respect, and compassion for our fellow man.

• TVCasualty likes this

#267 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 11,334 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 August 2019 - 08:11 AM

Nice haul!

Did you happen to read about Cloudflare dropping 8chan as a client, resulting in it going down a short while later until they can find a new host? Since they're having a lot of trouble finding one, they've apparently shifted over to a distributed network that can't be centrally shut down (but is a major PITA to actually access) that also happened to be the go-to option for Islamic State for putting out their similarly high-quality content.

I can't help but savor the irony of it all.

• Juthro likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!