Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo

Killing Babies for Joy? (harvesting pins for potent and plentiful antidepressant?)

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

This motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 12,208 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 March 2018 - 08:40 PM

Aborts more potent?  Where is the scientific proof? I believe this is an Urban Legend

I think that it's more anecdotal, than urban legend. Caps v. stems falls more into urban legend than abort potency. I have a friend that will take 3-4g exotics and trip, but not hard, but when I make him candies I throw in aborts and he visits Pluto.

Waste not, want not, and aborts are perfect for candies, because they're getting pulverized anyway.

Throw this in your search engine:

site:mycotopia.net abort potency

Thing is there's only one way to find out. :biggrin:

Edited by CatsAndBats, 26 March 2018 - 08:40 PM.

• Hash_Man and MicroMycoMan like this

#22 Hash_Man

Hash_Man

Old Codger

• OG VIP
  • 2,575 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 March 2018 - 08:57 AM

Aborts more potent? Where is the scientific proof? I believe this is an Urban Legend

Scientific proof? I'm not slamming your comment bro, but would like to respond. First I'd like to asked what are you basing this belief that aborts potency is no different?
Most if not all of us are hobbiest, maybe consider ourselves in a craft field of study of sorts. I also think the topic of potency is only usually only brought up on the forums by less experanced enthusiasts, why is that?

AB comparison double blind placebo-controlled group comparisons mass spectral analysis may not exist for the comparison of aborts to full grown mushrooms. . I like CatandBats reference to it being more anecdotal and may add is viable and useful precept to work with.

This community has many years of scientifically minded hippies, misfits and all around critical thinkers and have observed aborts are more potent . . many here have grown pounds of mushies saving the small aborts for themselves and close friends to enjoy (at first mainly because they were left out for bag appeal) don't you think if they were not any different it be stupid to allude their stronger. So that said its easy to sit back and call out the community and request scientific proof. . myself I have no need to prove one way or the other as it is what it is.. maybe anyone that has this concern whether or not aborts are more or less potent might try their oun hands on experiments.

Edited by Hash_Man, 30 March 2018 - 10:02 AM.

• Juthro, CatsAndBats and MicroMycoMan like this

#23 MicroMycoMan

MicroMycoMan

Mycophage

• Black VIP
  • 124 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 March 2018 - 11:04 PM

I am about to experiment a bit myself..

I just downed this little cup full of dreams.
20180331_224249.jpg
5g of dried and crushed pins/aborts, extracted three times with everclear, filtered five times through coffee filters, then reduced using a makeshift double boiler into 10cc of magic potion!
20180329_223836.jpg 20180329_223906.jpg
  • Hash_Man likes this

#24 raymycoto

raymycoto

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 618 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 April 2018 - 05:26 PM

Micromyco . . . how did it go?

#25 MicroMycoMan

MicroMycoMan

Mycophage

• Black VIP
  • 124 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 April 2018 - 08:47 PM

Buck wild.. Lol.

Since I started microdosing I have found it increasingly difficult to achieve significant psychedelic experiences when consuming a typical dose, and sometimes even large doses fail to have much of an effect when eaten, dried or fresh...

This extraction method enables me to consume larger doses than my digestive system is normally willing to tolerate, and the experience seems altogether different.

On top of that, I must wholeheartedly add my latest experience to the overwhelming anecdotal evidence which supports the notion of pins being more potent than mature fruits!
  • Hash_Man, CatsAndBats and Lakegal7 like this

#26 Hash_Man

Hash_Man

Old Codger

• OG VIP
  • 2,575 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 April 2018 - 05:33 AM

"..Since I started microdosing I have found it increasingly difficult to achieve significant psychedelic experiences when consuming a typical dose.."

Yeah me too I microdose constantly or better worded perpetually microdosing, stoping consumption say 5 hours before sleep. . I've heard one should take a break two days out of seven and soon will start practicing that.. @MicroMycoMan thank you for starting this thread because I have had a concern that it be harded to achieve a nice trip, because I found I'm increasing the amount of my microdosing to get the daily benefits I like..
Thanks again and to the community for. Its input.

Edited by Hash_Man, 03 April 2018 - 06:46 AM.

• Lakegal7 likes this

#27 MicroMycoMan

MicroMycoMan

Mycophage

• Black VIP
  • 124 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 April 2018 - 11:03 AM

So... I'm going to rough out the concept of an experiment here, and I'd appreciate it if you guys could help me shore it up by picking it apart! Tell me why it won't work so I'll know where to focus my efforts.

I am planning to use PeaceFrog's isolation tek described here:Cloning/Isolation/Testing to identify and isolate a culture demonstrating similar characteristics as this one encountered by cigarsam.

Assuming I succeed in that or once I have decided I am as close as I am likely to get, the next phase would be producing a significant volume of liquid culture.

At this point my plan is to spike the nutrient content of the liquid medium which is suspending the culture and pour the entire solution into a shallow tray (1/4 to 1/2in deep) to which I will add enough vermiculite or coir to absorb all of the standing fluids and immediately place the tray into fruiting conditions.

My goal is to produce a minimal substrate capable of rapid maturation / fruit formation using as little resources as possible, so that the fruits can be harvested early in development by simply crumbling the thin layer of substrate, screening out the pins and disposing of the rest of the material.

Ideally, the length of time spent consolidating and pinning would be near the same as that of spawning the liquid culture for the next round.

What do you guys think?

-MMM-

#28 MicroMycoMan

MicroMycoMan

Mycophage

• Black VIP
  • 124 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 April 2018 - 12:28 PM

I have decided to abandon this avenue of research. No man could turn me away from an idea I have set myself upon, but the universe has a way of correcting errant thoughts.

I lost so many potential fruits recently, both to contamination and through intentional abortion of substrate to terminate my grow...I had to feel the pins being torn from healthy substrate with my senses deeply meshed into the growing organism...let's just say that this entire concept is now distasteful to me.

I'm sorry for disrespecting the gift of life by seeking to pervert it in such an unnatural way. I want life to live as much life as it can manage; lord knows there are enough things on this earth that bring about an end to life that I need not contribute to the cause.

My thinking was flawed, and my heart so distanced from my daily actions to a sociopathic degree.

I don't know who I am apologizing to, but I felt it needed to be done.

Edited by MicroMycoMan, 28 April 2018 - 12:29 PM.

• coorsmikey and RamenShaman like this

#29 raymycoto

raymycoto

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 618 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 April 2018 - 04:58 PM

Another way to look at it -  Plants (fungi included here) have often evolved with animals to be consumed. Part of their survival for some species is to be attractive to the right animals. They form attractive colors, sweetness and such so that they are eaten and thus either 1) their seeds are naturally spread by the consumer 2) in modern times (last 10,000 yr) they are cultivated by humans and hence survive. There are  fruits and their seeds harvested early for their qualities but we keep the plants going and care for them and eventually propagate them. Coffee fruit and cashew fruit are two that come to mind and must be harvested before the plant can produce a viable seed.

Now you may ask, "But I'm consuming these immature forms and that can't benefit the species as they don't live to sporulate". But consider this. Let's say you discover a strain that has babies that have a fantastic property or potency. Add some mutation and this most certainly happens but not likely in our lifetime. This new fantastic strain is now highly desirable! Do we eat all the babies? No, in now, ultra modern times we grow at least a few to adults and preserve the spores, wash, rinse, repeat and post on forums and present a new tech with a new strain which flourishes now only because it produces early stage fruit with unique properties. 

I respect your opinion, however.

Edited by raymycoto, 29 April 2018 - 04:59 PM.

#30 MicroMycoMan

MicroMycoMan

Mycophage

• Black VIP
  • 124 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 April 2018 - 04:38 AM

Oh, you are not wrong! Far from it.... but see that's the thing, logically I still believe I was on to something... Spiritually, that ceased to matter even one tiny bit. I felt those pins cry, each and every one I plucked from healthy subs. Would someone else who has not had that experience have heartburn developing a commercial production system around the concept using sustainable methods? Probably not. It may not be inherently abhorrent in nature to do such a thing, but now it certainly is in my heart.

-MMM-

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!