• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 illigitimateJester

illigitimateJester

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 352 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 12:15 AM

So I've been extremely interested in producing crystalline THC/THCA in my kitchen.....If at all possible....I have a basic understanding of chemistry, and have 99% success in my Deemsters trials.... I'm afraid this is reaching, but if some one could look over this literature(good ol' Phineas Charmichael where are you) and if there's anyway this is possible in a home made lab, I am more than interested in hearing any ideas....here's the article and the link is at the bottom....

Most people on Earth have never experienced what the purest hash this planet has to offer. Engineers have devised an extraction method that creates an extract that 99.96% pure. Here’s how they do it.

THC-A Crystalline Hash is the holy grail of cannabis potency.  The process starts with a cannabis extract. Then, cannabis extract is mixed with acetic acid and hexane. Those chemicals work together to dissolve the plant matter but preserve the THC.

Once the extract, acid, and hexane are acquainted, they’re put through a traditional filter. The solution all goes in a rotary evaporator, which looks and sounds more complicated than it is. Rotary evaporators use varying degrees of pressure, heat, and motion to pull apart the different materials in a liquid.  

By the time the rotary evaporator is finished its cycle, a mixture called Δ9 tetrahydrocannabinolic acid is left. 

To refine the mixture more,  a process called chromatography is needed. There are a few different kinds, but the purpose of chromatography is to remove impure elements from the solution. To do this, chemists add more chemicals to the mix. One called Sephadex-LH20, another called dichloromethane. Then good old-fashioned chloroform is added.

Once the hash has gone through chromatography, it doesn’t look much like any marijuana product you’ve ever seen, and more like something Walter White would be selling. 

The THC-A Crystalline isn’t pure yet. Those crystals will still have a handful of unsafe chemicals like chloroform. So, the crystals go back in the rotary evaporator which pulls the solvents out of the THC.

To make THC-A Crystalline consumable and heighten its purity,  more unwanted chemicals must be purged. The crystals are dissolved in methanol, which looks, smells, and tastes like alcohol people drink, but is totally toxic to humans. A traditional filter takes away all the leftover residue. Then to pull the methanol out, chemists put the mixture back in the rotary evaporator again.

Now the crystals are left to dissolve in pentane, which extracts more parts per million of non-THC material. For the final time, all of that goes back in the rotary evaporator. That long process results in 99.96% THC.

Usually, people will add terpenes to add some flavor to the high. By all accounts, pure THC in this way tends to hit much faster than regular weed.

For those tempted to try this, all anyone really needs to make crazy hash is a bubble bag and a bunch of weed. Enjoy the final product with a heavy duty dab rig.

https://herb.co/mari...t-hash-on-earth

Edited by illigitimateJester, 24 March 2018 - 12:17 AM.

#2 illigitimateJester

illigitimateJester

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 352 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 12:20 AM

a response to someone else from somewhere else....

Funny enough THCA is incredibly easy to make if you're already making BHO. You need high quality flower to start, fresh frozen works best but dried cured bud works too and make BHO with it. Take that BHO and leave a little excess butane in it and put it in a jar with a lid on and put it in the oven at 90 degrees for the few days. You may need to vent the excess pressure in the jar over the next few days but what will start happening is THCA crystals will begin forming at the bottom of the jar and all of the oils and terpenes separate and go to the top and give you what we call "sauce". Leave this in the oven until you are happy with crystal growth and formation usually about a week. Next you will pour off the "sauce" layer through a screen to start separating the 2 layers. After you pour off as much sauce as you can you're left with 90% thca crystals that are at this point still strain specific. To get up to 99% you will need something like pentane to wash the crystals then after washing we throw them on the rosin press and squish them at low temp to get rid of residual solvent.

• Trippy_Toes likes this

#3 illigitimateJester

illigitimateJester

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 352 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 12:22 AM

and a patent on the subject....

https://patents.goog...t/US20050266108

#4 oldmushmellow

oldmushmellow

Mycophiliac