• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Qwerty2k18

Qwerty2k18

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 09:11 AM

Currently running my first MHRB extraction! I have read a ton of different Tek's and decided on NoMan's Tek that I've (mostly) been sticking to. Let me know your experience and any tips/tricks that might help a first timer, thanks in advanced!

#2 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 5,852 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 March 2018 - 09:19 AM

Separate the bark from the acidic or basic solution before pulling with your solvent, that is my tip. You will need to be more specific on what you need help with. Do your homework and come back and asks questions to fill in the gaps. There are a few people here that like to chime in on extraction conversations but most likely not reply to a general “any tips?” Inquiry.
Oh yeah be sure to use proper PPE when working with chemicals.
  • Cigarsam likes this

#3 Qwerty2k18

Qwerty2k18

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 09:52 AM

Thank you @coorsmikey for the reply, going forward I’ll try to be less vague lol. So reading all of the different teks I’ve gotten some contradicting info, for STB I started with:

50g MHRB pre-powdered, ratios were 15 ml water, 1g lye, and 1 ml naptha but it said if using prepowderdd MHRB to use 1.5-2x the water, and some we’re saying that that wasn’t quite enough lye?

I ended up mixing 750 ml DH2O with 75g lye then adding the 50g MHRB, and the consistency was not really thick at all so I did not add an additional water/ lye mix. The tek advises to let sit for about an hour shaking mixture multiple times which I did, after the hour I added 30 ml naptha as I wanted it to be as saturated as possible so I could freeze precip without evap. I rolled the mixture around every 20 mins or so for a total of 4 times then siphoned it off and put straight into the freezer at its coldest setting.

This morning I checked and the naphtha was very white/ cloudy with what looked like salt stuck to sides and bottom and floating all around. I used a coffee filter to filter the naphtha back into the MHRB mix.

Many other teks advised to leave the MHRB/lye mix for upwards of 24 hours before adding naptha than letting that sit for many more. Do you think that is necessary or was the one hour that I followed ok?

My first pull looks like pure white salt/ powder instead of crystals it it possible this is not DMT but lye?

From all of the teks I’ve found I can’t decipher weather to filter the naptha back into the MHRB mix or to use new naptha each time?

Thanks to anybody that has taken the lime to read all of this I may have gotten a little carried away lol. Any advice is greatly appreciated!!

Attached Thumbnails

• 6D9180B8-369F-4E96-B189-43778C63D7E3.jpeg
  • 5094523F-28C3-4E22-A030-25486949D56E.jpeg
  • 6B64152F-F5D5-476D-B718-B7F4BBD1F7A3.jpeg

#4 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 5,852 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 March 2018 - 11:49 AM

Querty I had to work today so I will be busy for a while, there is a lot that I can add to what you're doing and explain it. I will try to address this evening when I have time to sit down and go into more detail.

#5 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 5,852 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 March 2018 - 06:11 PM

I have no idea what is in that filter. That doesn’t look right at all. The small amount of crystal sticking to the glass looks like DMT but you should have a bunch more than that. Even crappy bark should give you at least a half gram. Maybe not all on the first pull but close.

Is the bark still in the flask? Or did you separate it from the basic solution. And and hour to get the goodies out of the bark is not very long. If I were to take over from were your currently are, first I would check the pH and adjust if needed. If the bark is still in the solution it will continue to lower the pH for several hours. If the pH is not high enough the naptha will pull other stuff out of the solution. Then once I knew the pH was stable 13+, I would set the flask in a hot water bath for a bit the let it sit overnight. I would then filter the bark out of the solution and squeeze every last drop of solution I could get through the filter. With the remaining liquid I would then use about 100 ml of naptha to do a pull. You can repeat that last step a couple of times make sure you get all the goodies. If you want to keep using the same naptha then freeze precipitate and when the D crashes simply dump it back in to the into the mix leaving the frozen DMT in the evap dish.
  • Cigarsam likes this

#6 Qwerty2k18

Qwerty2k18

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 06:44 PM

I’ve included a picture after I scraped the filter and jar (tin foil). I have never actually seen DMT so I can’t tell but it does have a mothball smell which I read is a good sign? It does look like fluffy powder but if I look ver close it does look to be extremely small crystals. The plant matter is still in the mix but looks to be dissolved. I don’t have any way to test the ph currently but can possibly get strips tomorrow. I put my 2nd pull in the freezer about 6 hours ago and the two other pics are what it currently looks like. From the beginning I have been extremely careful with cleanliness and making sure to not pick up any MHRB during syphoning stage. I don’t have a scale that reads .001 currently only one accurate to 1g so I can’t tell how much I got from the first pull.

Thanks for your advice @coorsmikey I really appreciate it!!

#7 Qwerty2k18

Qwerty2k18

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 06:46 PM

Sorry forgot about the pics lol

Attached Thumbnails

• 09A8C1CD-7AD8-4C11-907D-B6175FB0AE03.jpeg
  • EC89E696-E910-43B6-B916-CF35AB729FD5.jpeg
  • 0AC8788F-E46D-4B3C-A765-8A8970B5D21E.jpeg

#8 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 5,852 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 March 2018 - 07:00 PM

If that is DMT and your first try at it, it is the whitest I’ve ever seen. I can’t tell you if is or not from the pic, but it don’t look like it. Still don’t throw anything away as in almost all cases you can recover from any goof up. The DMT is there somewhere, just need to get the chemistry and pH dialed in. In my personal opinion it is better to add to much lye than not enough if you decide not to wait to test the pH.
Here I’ll dig up some pics for you to compare. These are all from 50gr test runs that my neighbor did.
6C56BA9E-C3F1-4ED2-B589-0398376092A6.jpeg 6D630C18-9FEF-4C8B-8DEA-14EB21E39586.jpeg E3AE72F0-FC6C-4301-A419-29F45F912989.jpeg

#9 Qwerty2k18

Qwerty2k18

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 07:01 PM

Maybe easier to see?

Attached Thumbnails

• B72D2029-2450-40DE-9630-7EFC52D44E34.png

#10 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 5,852 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 March 2018 - 07:14 PM

Maybe easier to see?

That don’t look like lye either looking up close and personal on it. Melt a lil bit and see what it does. Maybe it some Pharmaceutical grade shit you got going on? Lye won’t melt or vaporize like DMT will. If it’s D it will melt very easily with little heat.

#11 Qwerty2k18

Qwerty2k18

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 07:34 PM

I put a tiny little piece on a knife and held a lighter about half an inch above it and it melted immediately and the liquid felt very sticky to the touch

#12 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 5,852 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 March 2018 - 08:25 PM

That sounds good to me! Do you have a proper Vape Rig or even a bowl of weed? Send me a lil sample and will be happy to test it for ya. Congratulations on your first run! Do you happen to have a pic of the bark in its original form?

#13 Qwerty2k18

Qwerty2k18

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 08:55 PM

I’ve included pics of the dye, and from my second pull. I actually think I got more product from my second pull! I plan to make “the machine” but will not be able to get the bottle until tomorrow :( I have a .001 scale on its way and it should be here tomorrow as well. I have some bud but I really want to get a feel of the DMT by itself for my first time.

I may try it tonight as I’ve been dying to meet her for a longg time now :D I’ve read that you can use parsley flakes as a substitute for MJ in a herb/spice/herb bowl. Have you ever tried it or know anyone that has? Thanks man!

Attached Thumbnails

• DD488CE5-D1EA-4823-B3B9-145A65E6C5FF.jpeg
  • CB819EDF-7C45-410C-B5DF-93510D53505E.jpeg
  • 2834F8F2-1B9B-4FBE-AC38-B8EA34552F73.jpeg

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!