#1 Spooner

Spooner

Horney Toad

• Black VIP
  • 2,752 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 March 2018 - 12:08 PM

As an alumni of the Washington DC Stop the Viet Nam War Protests of the 1960's, It is a pleasure to see young people speaking up.  Finally tired of the stupidity of government policies, the protesters are threatening political fiefdoms.

[Direct Link]

Bless you one and all.

• Juthro likes this

#2 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 12,885 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 March 2018 - 01:05 PM

Sadly, it's more divide and rule.  This, the young against the old.    A new prohibition is sure to make things better.   I think it will be a pretty safe bet that most of the officials who vote for any new constraint will themselves have a concealed carry permit.   But, it will not be themselves whose freedoms will by curtailed.   They will see to that.   Could the source impetus for school shootings be a deeper issue arising in the social stratification that has created the richest economy on Earth with over half its population at or below its poverty line?   Could the media being owned by six companies representing a tiny fraction of one percent be creating much of the general angst we see acted out repeatedly in these times?    Happy people don't shoot strangers and peers.   Is the unhappiness being engineered? If so, why?    We can continue to treat symptoms, as I am sure we are supposed to.   Keep the focus narrow.  Obey, consume, produce.

• onediadem and DonShadow like this

#3 Spooner

Spooner

Horney Toad

• Black VIP
  • 2,752 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 March 2018 - 01:32 PM

Sadly, it's more divide and rule.  This, the young against the old.   

It has been a long time since I have been accused of being young, thanks for the joke.

I own a gun, but I have never felt a need to take it to school, church, or the grocery store.

Rights in a society require responsibility.

• onediadem likes this

#4 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 14,579 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 March 2018 - 09:19 PM

I had a huge thing written out and deleted it. I am pro guns. 100%. Why? Zombies man. 

Zombies.

#5 bezevo

bezevo

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 472 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 March 2018 - 09:41 PM

When i was a teenager our school gun policy stated .

"If you bring your gun to school  keep it locked in your car  , if you don't have a car or you cannot lock your car ,check your gun into the school gun safe "

we never had any shootings .

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!