9 replies to this topic

#1 whirledpeas

whirledpeas

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 486 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 March 2018 - 01:00 AM

I never entertained the idea of some of this stuff, except that when we lived outside of Port Angeles, WA in 2010 my son went out to take out the garbage, and came in scared to death, saying there was something at the end of our street (by where the garbage had to be taken) and he said there was a "Dog thing, about 7 foot tall SITTING down (as it came past the top of the houses front door that it was sitting in front of), staring straight ahead and had amber eyes. Very buff."

I did laugh... thought he had a bear mix up.. but he swore that the ears were "straight up and it had very long arms.."

I dismissed this, it just seemed weird. was sure case of mistaken identity. UNTIL, over here by a Reservation in South Dakota a young woman was found dead on the side of the road on the Rez. Tribal police were handling it,  but then alphabet agency got involved. Currently an unresolved "homicide", but the tribal policeman said it was not normal, he doesn't believe it's a homicide.. that it looked like "a shark attack. "

Then recently an older couple down here taking a back way to the highway to get back home to K.C after a show in a rental car. Had the rear bumper damaged, and other damage to the back after they say a Dog like creature about 8 ft tall attacked their car on that road after they slowed down to look at it. This was a deal as there was legal issues due to who was responsible for damage.  

Now i think of my sons experience and say hey maybe i should not have blown it off so easily??

Anyone else believe this stuff is out there? .

Edited by whirledpeas, 28 March 2018 - 01:02 AM.

• Coopdog likes this

#2 illigitimateJester

illigitimateJester

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 352 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 10:09 AM

You say you are close to a native american reservation? Check out the "Skinwalker" cryptid myth....

• whirledpeas likes this

#3 whirledpeas

whirledpeas

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 486 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 March 2018 - 11:38 AM

You say you are close to a native american reservation? Check out the "Skinwalker" cryptid myth....

Yes with my son we were living right on the on the rez outside of Port Angeles.   The deceased girl was also Rez but, down S.E South Dakota border on the Rez there (we don't live ON it, just close to it)... and the other i heard of happened back road heading to the interstate, but well off the rez. 

I've not had discussions about what i heard of as far as "Dogman"..... but i did have a lot of talks some years ago about Skinwalkers when we lived in Show Low, AZ.  I just didn't wrap my head around it.  At all really.  Except my ex old Hopi compadre said  "they are sent to a person by a witch. Stay away from witches around here". (by witch not meaning wiccans or pagan but something entirely different-to anyone seeing this just to clarify). 

I'd to find a reliable source to find out about this better. That i could understand i guess. 

Edited by whirledpeas, 28 March 2018 - 11:44 AM.

#4 GORF

GORF

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 610 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 10:47 AM

http://www.griswoldm...man_stories.htm

Scroll down to read lots of short encounter stories about the "dogman"
  • whirledpeas likes this

#5 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Walk's between...

• 7,995 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 March 2018 - 10:00 PM

I don't think I would ever just dismiss something as a only a child's imagination, knowing the eyes of a child are not yet predjed used as to what could or could not be..

For that matter, I fully believe there are things not readily accepted or understood, that do indeed exist. I won't claim evidence, but I have had encounters that defied logical explanation, and there are many times my "spidey sense" told me to get out of someplace without a visible or audial perception to warrant the crawling skin sensation. 

I fully accept that I share this world with both physical, and non-corporal entities, and things somewhere in-between. I also believe there are some I would prefer not to encounter......................

There is a collection of cryptid material here:

https://exemplore.com/cryptids/

• Coopdog, Alder Logs, Juthro and 1 other like this

#6 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 15,025 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 March 2018 - 11:19 PM

I have long had a sense for some of these, mostly Sasquatch.   Never actually seen one, but when I hear what I think is a true account about them, I get the chills up the back and neck.  Always have.  Don't know why.  I have studied them to the point where there seems to be no doubt these exist.   I get my crackpot creds from so many angles already, I might as well tell y'all this.  Think what you will, all y'all.

• Coopdog, Skywatcher, Juthro and 1 other like this

#7 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,303 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 March 2018 - 01:39 AM

I have seen some strange shit in my life, including one that falls into this category. Life is stranger than we know, so keep your head up in the woods and wherever you are. 

• Skywatcher, Alder Logs and whirledpeas like this

#8 whirledpeas

whirledpeas

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 486 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 March 2018 - 01:23 PM

I love this subject and really appreciate the links shared.

I never had a problem believing in Sasquatch.  I think it was always just generally assumed true, and reasonably so. 

But this standing Dog thing was just so far out of my reality, then i find many people are having some trouble with it one way or another. It is just really bizarre what is all possibly out there. 

#9 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,303 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 March 2018 - 01:49 PM

My cousin swore up and down he saw a huge dog when we were kids at Mt Gilead State park in Ohio. He was genuinely upset about it so not sure what he saw but it had a big effect on him. If there is one thing I have learned in this life, it is that there is much more than meets the eye going on in this world. 

• Skywatcher and whirledpeas like this

#10 bezevo

bezevo

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 1,249 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 March 2018 - 06:41 PM

there are some good shows about this archived on the old ART BELL Coast To Coast show

• whirledpeas likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!