Deviant

• OG VIP
  • 3,212 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 April 2018 - 09:49 PM

I'm not even gonna give a rationale for my potential dive into MDing -

All I need is someone ... anyone ...

To triple dog dare me to do it.

By Allah, I'll start tomorrow and keep a freakin' log.  I'm not flush with product, but enough to carry a .2 gram dose every 4 days for as long as it'll take to make some more.

So there it is.

:)

soliver

• onediadem, Sidestreet, Myc and 7 others like this

#2 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 5,928 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 April 2018 - 10:50 PM

It is very helpful and effective for much. Set a goal that you want to achieve. Take notes now and along the way so you can truly reflect back to see the benefits and processes. I triple dog dare ya!
  • Myc, Soliver, Lakegal7 and 3 others like this

#3 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,468 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 April 2018 - 01:00 AM

I'm doing .3g every weekday, I havent bothered with a log but my usual, chronic insomnia seems to be under control. Might just be coz its lovely autumn weather. But yeah I dog dare you, and Soody does too...

• coorsmikey, Soliver, Nsnail and 1 other like this

#4 tuftygrasses

tuftygrasses

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 344 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 02:45 AM

Put some numbers in your log. Rate emotions. Maybe something like resting heart rate. If you are treating anxiety for example. You would expect resting hr to reduce if an anxiety treatment is effective. If you want your log to be sciency
  • Soliver and Nsnail like this

#5 cosmicsistar

cosmicsistar

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 39 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 03:41 AM

I highly recommend checking out third wave for info on MDing, I agree with them on not doing every day, will be curious to know your thoughts...xoxo

• Soliver likes this

#6 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 14,768 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 April 2018 - 04:01 AM

Do it.

• Soliver likes this

#7 Soliver

Soliver

Deviant

• OG VIP
  • 3,212 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 April 2018 - 10:30 AM

Thanks for the support, folks ... I gotta hit the hardware store for sink parts that I broke while fixing (ugh) and then I'm coming home to measure out several doses.  I'm gonna start with the every 4 days setup, and see how that goes. 

I'll take notes and such.  My goal is simple - trying to get my head screwed back on straight ... I'm not sure where it went, but something's gotta give, and I'd like to avoid SSRI's and stuff.

A meta-analysis of my own headspace may be a good start either way,

many thanks,

soliver

• Lakegal7 likes this

#8 Soliver

Soliver

Deviant

• OG VIP
  • 3,212 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 April 2018 - 12:38 PM

Thar she blows ...

Chewing .32g mush.  I was planning on .2, but didn't feel like taking anything OFF the scale - I'd rather err on the side of too much than too little, at least while I'm off work and starting out - give that cranium a good 'ol boost   :)

Funny, I've never taken any dose under a gram.  I'm sorta curious to find what happens. 

soliver

• wharfrat likes this

#9 Soliver

Soliver

Deviant

• OG VIP
  • 3,212 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 April 2018 - 01:39 PM

Funny, I've never taken any dose under a gram.  I'm sorta curious to find what happens. 

Boy, do I feel like sort of an idiot right about now ....

I've been putting off a full-blown trip for months ad months, just because I haven't made or had time, when all along I coulda been downing .2 - .3g and getting the nifty mind boosting effects while being (actually more than) functional.

Anyone thinking about this should go do it right now. 

Huh.

soliver

• onediadem, TVCasualty, coorsmikey and 4 others like this

#10 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this fucking guy

• OG VIP
  • 11,355 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 April 2018 - 02:37 PM

[Direct Link]

• Soliver, Juthro, Spooner and 1 other like this

#11 Soliver

Soliver

Deviant

• OG VIP
  • 3,212 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 April 2018 - 03:47 PM

Weird Al is a national treasure.  Even if he is a sober vegan.

I was enjoying the video so much it took me a sec to figure out why you posted it.

Wise words indeed.

Three hours later, I've fixed the #$)*&^  sink and made headway on a ridiculously large sculpture that's been mocking me for some time .. taking a break for hydration and some venison jerky, feeling pretty darn good overall.  Weird.  This should be an interesting experiment.

soliver

#12 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• App Administrator
  • 5,437 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 April 2018 - 04:16 PM

It’s beem like 1 day.
How do you know it’s not just placebo at this point ?
  • onediadem likes this

#13 AwesumApple

AwesumApple

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 06:18 PM

Good luck man!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

#14 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this fucking guy

• OG VIP
  • 11,355 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 April 2018 - 06:40 PM

I'm due for a dose, or am I?

#15 Hash_Man

Hash_Man

Old Codger

• OG VIP
  • 2,521 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 April 2018 - 06:41 PM

Input .. I don't know where these guidelines are coming from .. years ago before I heard of microdosing, in fact I first heard it refered to as perpetual dosing so maybe two different anamals.
Either case, years ago I use to carry I don't know? a couple ground up grams on my person at work, I had and still do have a physical job no great exertion but busy all day with a fatigue factor towards the last half of the day, so I started just wettng the tip of my finger and touch the ground mushroom powder and consume it.. typically I would dip into it 2 or 3 times and go on with what I was doing and and periodically eat a bit or two more every 40 mins to an hour. After the first hour I should have a slight energetic fuzzy (but clear) happy buzz going on, I would then carry on my day eating every hour or so kind of riding the curve so to speak.

Recently I started this again I think I mentioned somewhere else on the forms that I just break off a piece stem, cap or both and chew it as I don't mind the taste I try to keep that buzz happening when I start feeling that it might be wearing off a little, I'll eat a little more I do this consistently till almost quitting time. I feel like a superstar my communication skills are better have no fatigue in my back, 8 months ago I fell backwards from a second step and wrecked it, I'm slowly coming back from that but when I'm eating the mushrooms there's no back pain whatsoever and I do a lot of bending and kneeling and twisting in my work. More importantly my mind is in total multitasking mode and I'm not a multitasker! at all!

I just wanted to put this out there sorry I don't have my exact dosing because I go by feel. You could do this every single day, I've been at this round just under three weeks my information is you should take a couple days off a week I haven't done yet but intend to.

Edit: roughly figured out my dosing, its .3gm initially then slightly less or more every 45 mins to a hour or so.

This evening I weighed the amount I typical start with is how I figured it out.20180405_203510-1.jpg

Edited by Hash_Man, 05 April 2018 - 10:40 PM.

• Juthro, CatsAndBats and Lakegal7 like this

#16 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• App Administrator
  • 5,437 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 April 2018 - 09:38 PM

Dose or regimens seems to be all over the place.

Sokivar please don’t take my earlier post as negative. I re read it and kinda could come off that way.
  • August West and Soliver like this

#17 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 14,768 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 April 2018 - 11:01 PM

Solly, I want to see the sculpture! Anything that will keep you off of that mind numbing bullshit is good in my book. All ssri's do is make you flat-lined.

*fucking pink.

Edited by onediadem, 05 April 2018 - 11:02 PM.

• Spooner and Lakegal7 like this

#18 Soliver

Soliver

Deviant

• OG VIP
  • 3,212 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 April 2018 - 10:23 AM

Thoughts and observations from yesterday (no worries PsyBear - your point is valid & I'll address it below)   :)

Pros:

1. Great creative boost - that sculpture has been partially done for over a year.

2. Happiness - felt like that post -shroom trip happiness / wellbeing without having to schedule a full-blown trip

3. Ethanol - I felt little to no desire to drink (really, really odd for me) - I had water until my woman made me two gin & tonics that I didn't ask for but drank out of politeness - she's a keeper  :)

4. Sleep - I went to bed around 12am and popped out of bed at 8am - I'm a chronic insomniac, and when I do sleep, it's usually waaay too long and that messes me up just as bad.  I should mention I'm off work - usually on off-work nights I'm up until 2-3, drinking myself to sleep.

Cons:

Here's the odd part that I'm not sure of.  I went to the store before dosing.  When the psilly was kicking in, at home, I started thinking about the store manager who asked me if I needed help finding anything - I said, "I'm looking for some rye bread."  (Can't call it a Reuben without rye ... I prefer the swirl kind).  Dude went into the back of the store and dug out a loaf from the truck - sweet!

I got to thinking about it, sat down and wrote him a short thank-you note, looked up the store address online, dug out a forever stamp, and put that bitch in the mailbox with the flag up.  My logic was this:

1) This is how the world SHOULD work.

2) It took him longer to find the loaf than it took me to write and send the thank you note.

3) Who doesn't like getting positive reinforcement for something good they did?

I should mention that I haven't sent a note or letter via physical mail in .. . I don't know how long?  It was honestly probably forever ago back when I was trading with H3 and other 'topiates ... I guess that makes it 16 years or so.

No placebo effect there - that's just weird for me ... definitely not something I would generally do, as I'm the biggest cynic I know.

Big question:  WAS that weird?  Will I see that guy in a week and find him avoiding eye contact, or will he be jumping to find me loaves of bread now?

Too late to worry, as my dog alerted me to the mail man's presence a few hours ago. 

Anywhoo - that's where I'm at.  I'm really wondering about the 4 day thing.  If I'm gonna experiment with the time frame more, I need to get some jars going ASAP, which means I need to find an actual spore vendor or reanimate some of those 15 year old spores I have tucked away  :)

soliver

edit:  My sculptures fall into two distinct categories, and they're all chainsaw 1) gigantic 400lb phalluses that I sell to bizarre people  or 2) MOAI heads that I sell to bizarre people.  The one I'm working on is so big I had to hollow some parts out just so I could move it around a bit, and that's using dry poplar. 

If I ever get it complete and vertical, I'll snap a pic  :)

Edited by Soliver, 06 April 2018 - 10:36 AM.

• onediadem, TVCasualty, Hash_Man and 3 others like this

#19 Soliver

Soliver

Deviant

• OG VIP
  • 3,212 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 April 2018 - 11:23 AM

Backstory for those curious as to why I'm messing with MD after 20+ years of dosing (skip this part, it's boring)-

I've maintained for about 13ish years with kratom, ethanol, and MJ before bed (I pretty much never smoked during the day).

I'm vying for a new position that would enable me to interact with the family more AND would bring a raise, but (of course) there's a 90% chance that I'll have to piss in a cup.  That may be anywhere from a few weeks from now to a few months from now - probably the latter, but I can't be sure, and I'm not gonna fuck this up for MJ ... my other 'hobbies' are so far legal (except for the moonshine, but that doesn't pop a test).

Going cold turkey from MJ was more difficult than I thought.  I only smoked 2-3 nights a week, when I really couldn't sleep.  Without it, I'm a sleepless wreck, as it turns out.  Last week I took some Phenibut, hoping to get some good rest - I was in bed for about 13 hours, and ... I'm not sure what happened, but it seems like my brain chemicals are just ... wrong.  GABA 2 receptors from the Phenibut?  Who knows from the lack of MJ?  Beats me, but it's like all the serotonin in my head fell out my ass and I'm miserable to be around AND not sleeping = no good for anyone.

I did shit-tons of research on CBD oil and bought some - most sources say you're PROBABLY ok for a piss test with "Good CBD," but no one's certain, and there's lots of anecdotal evidence to the contrary.  I tried some four nights ago and was shocked / thrilled / pleased to find that it's wholly under-rated.  My woman is in love with it now, but it's no good to me if there's even a chance of it making me drop a deuce in a urinalysis ... no joy there  :(

What to do?  While poking around 'topia in an insomniacal state, I came across the MD idea - something I toyed with for over a decade but never tried - and figured I had nothing to lose.  I have the house to myself (mostly) for a few days - why the hell not.

So far, so good.  I have enough fungus to MD for a little while (or for two days at a festival).  The hilarious irony is that I'll probably be using a stealth tek - not to hide from the landlord, but to hide from the kids.  Life is funny that way sometimes. (What are you DOING in the goddamn linen closet? Didn't I tell you to NEVER go in the goddamn linen closet?  Fuck!)

I guess I could always go to a shrink and get prescription stuff - as long as a DOCTOR gives you drugs, you can piss whatever you want - but I'm a radical independent and that's a real last-resort = I give up (I'm not there ... yet) ... not until I exhaust every item in the anxiety closet that won't betray me via golden stream ....

More than you wanted to know,

soliver

• Hash_Man, coorsmikey, Lakegal7 and 1 other like this

#20 Soliver

Soliver

Deviant

• OG VIP
  • 3,212 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 April 2018 - 07:48 PM

Full Circle and back to Thursday ....

I'm back to work this week; while I was tempted to take my titrated dose this morning, I decided to wait until the afternoon.  I'm still somewhat surprised that .25 gram has such a noticeable effect.  I dosed at 5pm and I'm feeling pretty tired now (almost 9pm).  One of the best side effects of this experiment has been sleep regulation - hopefully the late dose won't be an upper - we'll see.

I'm looking forward to experimenting in the future with a titrated dose of extract as opposed to a random shroom ... my science is lacking here, but I'm doing the best I can with the materials at hand  :)

Why didn't I try this back when I had shoeboxes full of shit?  Alas ...

soliver

• Hash_Man and coorsmikey like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!