Thoughts and observations from yesterday (no worries PsyBear - your point is valid & I'll address it below) :)
1. Great creative boost - that sculpture has been partially done for over a year.
2. Happiness - felt like that post -shroom trip happiness / wellbeing without having to schedule a full-blown trip
3. Ethanol - I felt little to no desire to drink (really, really odd for me) - I had water until my woman made me two gin & tonics that I didn't ask for but drank out of politeness - she's a keeper :)
4. Sleep - I went to bed around 12am and popped out of bed at 8am - I'm a chronic insomniac, and when I do sleep, it's usually waaay too long and that messes me up just as bad. I should mention I'm off work - usually on off-work nights I'm up until 2-3, drinking myself to sleep.
Here's the odd part that I'm not sure of. I went to the store before dosing. When the psilly was kicking in, at home, I started thinking about the store manager who asked me if I needed help finding anything - I said, "I'm looking for some rye bread." (Can't call it a Reuben without rye ... I prefer the swirl kind). Dude went into the back of the store and dug out a loaf from the truck - sweet!
I got to thinking about it, sat down and wrote him a short thank-you note, looked up the store address online, dug out a forever stamp, and put that bitch in the mailbox with the flag up. My logic was this:
1) This is how the world SHOULD work.
2) It took him longer to find the loaf than it took me to write and send the thank you note.
3) Who doesn't like getting positive reinforcement for something good they did?
I should mention that I haven't sent a note or letter via physical mail in .. . I don't know how long? It was honestly probably forever ago back when I was trading with H3 and other 'topiates ... I guess that makes it 16 years or so.
No placebo effect there - that's just weird for me ... definitely not something I would generally do, as I'm the biggest cynic I know.
Big question: WAS that weird? Will I see that guy in a week and find him avoiding eye contact, or will he be jumping to find me loaves of bread now?
Too late to worry, as my dog alerted me to the mail man's presence a few hours ago.
Anywhoo - that's where I'm at. I'm really wondering about the 4 day thing. If I'm gonna experiment with the time frame more, I need to get some jars going ASAP, which means I need to find an actual spore vendor or reanimate some of those 15 year old spores I have tucked away :)
edit: My sculptures fall into two distinct categories, and they're all chainsaw 1) gigantic 400lb phalluses that I sell to bizarre people or 2) MOAI heads that I sell to bizarre people. The one I'm working on is so big I had to hollow some parts out just so I could move it around a bit, and that's using dry poplar.
If I ever get it complete and vertical, I'll snap a pic :)
Edited by Soliver, 06 April 2018 - 10:36 AM.