#1 ParadigmShift

ParadigmShift

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 April 2018 - 12:54 AM

https://www.youtube....h?v=_WIf5YoS-sI

Sorry its a bit windy! :)

We are all born into unconditional love but then we learn to become conditioned, by our parents and teachers etc

We create a ego, a false identity, a set of beliefs, for example...

I am British, I am white, I am a skateboarder, I like dubstep...

None of this is true as none of this is YOU.  You are consciousness, you are the awareness.  You are not yur thought forms.

If you identify yourself as your thoughts and ideas then you have created an ego.  The ego is an imaginary identity.  The actor.

It is not nessacerily negative, it is in fact essential, if I want to make breakfast I need to et my ego start its work otherwise I wud be like a baby and struggeling to peform every single action, I'd struggle to even make some toast!

The problems arise though when we forget that we are not the ego.  When we believe we are the thought forms then we become them and negativity always arises from this.

If we do not pay awareness to our thoughts they go into trails one after the other. 

One of the most freeing things is to realise all human beings have this and are going through it.  You are not insane.  You are learning to control your mind.  Become aware, witness your thoughts as they arise.

Witness the thought that arises after dinner, it says "I want a cigarrette, a smoke" but you have deicded to quit!  So it is not true!  It is not you true self so do not identify with it.  You are not the smoker, you are the awareness or the consciousnes.

You can choose to simply observe the thought and do not smoke the cigar.  Allow the thoughts to pass.  Try this for a few weeks and suddenly you realise you don't even get the thought to smoke after dinner any more!  Make this your practice for whatever change you want to make.  What ever thought trails that are creating negativity in your life.

Do not fight your thought or become angered if you fall back and smoke one.  Just try again next time, this is the practice.  Become the observer, know your true self is the witness NOT the smoker.  You can learn not to identify yourself as thoughts because you are not them, you are not the ego.  The ego is more a tool you can learn to tame and use!

Beliefs are powerful things.  Some people belief so much in their culture for example they are willing to commit acts of violence based upon these complex thought forms and ultimately they are identifying with their culture.  The clue is in the word CULTure.

Don't forget who you are.  We are all born into this world as awareness pure unconditional love and you still are.  Maybe you use a mushroom ego death or meditation to remember but you don't need those.  All you need to know is who you really are.  remember that you are your true self and only belief can block you.

The more we practice meditation, the coser to our higherr self or the source, unconditional love - we become!

Edited by ParadigmShift, 07 April 2018 - 12:59 AM.

• Skywatcher, Alder Logs and sparrow95 like this

#2 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 6,521 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 April 2018 - 08:49 AM

Let me introduce you to Mr. Alder Logs...............................

I agree that all of our worst and most distorted self perceptions are learned as we continue in this existence phase.

We need to see as "In the eyes of a child", pure untainted, accepting without logical dissection.

Returning to the state of witness is a process of unlearning.

• Myc, Soliver and Alder Logs like this

#3 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 6,485 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 April 2018 - 08:56 AM

I'm pretty sure I see your point. 

Another way of speaking of beliefs is to acknowledge that the Tao which is told is not the Tao. Once defined, - it becomes another "thing". 

I believe in no thing. 

• Skywatcher and Alder Logs like this

#4 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,069 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 April 2018 - 11:30 AM

It is your belief's that block you from your higher self

You truly believe this?   You want me to believe it?

======================================

ParadigmShift, I moved your thread to Spirituality and Mysticism

======================================

If you want to have your videos embed in your posts, don't put the YouTube URLs in as a URL (from the button bar).   Simply paste in the URL alone as text and the embed will happen automatically.  

BTW, it is general here that most members operate anonymously, and having a parallel YouTube channel would make being anonymous pretty hard.   I don't do any extra-legal grows, so I don't worry about it, as anyone who could do serious searching could likely find where my body resides from things I have posted.  I'm not really trying to hide.   I am here because of these lovely psychedelicized souls and open minds that are here.  They have become my online family.  I am a shiitake grower in this virtual picture of a world, and that is how I found this place.   Welcome to this imagined version of the world.   Much love.

Edited by Alder Logs, 07 April 2018 - 11:55 AM.

• riseabovethought and Skywatcher like this

#5 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 11,365 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 April 2018 - 01:38 PM

We are just left over star dust..

• Spooner likes this

#6 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,069 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 April 2018 - 01:43 PM

You mean, dirt?  (-:

• Spooner likes this

#7 Guy1298

Guy1298

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 787 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 April 2018 - 03:59 PM

I sometimes consider the arbitrariness of things. People seem to end up where they are, like I'm here. Seems to me there can't be a problem. No higher and lower self. 

• Spooner likes this

#8 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,069 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 April 2018 - 04:07 PM

I sometimes consider the arbitrariness of things. People seem to end up where they are, like I'm here. Seems to me there can't be a problem. No higher and lower self. 

Yup.   There is only what is, and it is what it is, whatever we pretend to make of it.    Seeing our attempts at pretense is done by who?  It just gets more subtle as the seeing of the seeing is seeing.   What sees?  Where is it? 

The questions are more powerful than our answers.   Eventually what is not might submit to being what is.  But then, it never was, eh?

Edited by Alder Logs, 07 April 2018 - 04:08 PM.

• Guy1298 likes this

#9 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 11,365 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 April 2018 - 09:06 PM

Yup.   There is only what is, and it is what it is, whatever we pretend to make of it.    Seeing our attempts at pretense is done by who?  It just gets more subtle as the seeing of the seeing is seeing.   What sees?  Where is it? 

The questions are more powerful than our answers.   Eventually what is not might submit to being what is.  But then, it never was, eh?

Yup.   There is only what is, and it is what it is,

is it though?

• Skywatcher, Guy1298 and Spooner like this

#10 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,069 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 April 2018 - 11:28 PM

is it though?

Worth looking into.

#11 Spooner

Spooner

Horney Toad

• Black VIP
  • 2,752 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 April 2018 - 02:10 AM

Would make an interesting poll, how many were born into unconditional love?

That certainly does not accurately describe my birth.

• Guy1298 and CatsAndBats like this

#12 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,069 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 April 2018 - 10:36 AM

We are all born into unconditional love but then we learn to become conditioned, by our parents and teachers etc

Would make an interesting poll, how many were born into unconditional love?

That certainly does not accurately describe my birth.

Perhaps what he's trying to say is an, unconditioned love?   Seeing what is prior to thought is to see what is prior to any thought, even our first.  Everyone gets the conditioning, even if much of it comes from the most loving of parents.   The conditioning is coming for every born human, like it or not.  The parents are only the front lines.  We ain't seen nuthin' until we come up against our peers.   But, by that time, we have been conditioned to take over much of the duty, as the primary conditioning is to make something of ourselves, and one of our first duties in this is spend more and more of our own time and energies pleasing our perception of the world with how we think our something should be.

Everyone is conditioned into some ideal, theirs and ours, and trying to match this moving target becomes for many, a deep suffering.  Here's an interesting thing; the suffering is what drives to our truth.   Either that, or it drives us to reinforce our conditioned model, to armor it for fear it will be found unworthy and short of its own believed in standards in its ideal.   The ego's greatest fear is the truth of its own untruth, its conditioned identity, being seen.  

We can take the heroic dose and make ego death our ego's thrill ride, and that's well and good, but eventually, somewhere between now and ten thousand lifetimes in myriad expressions of the made up ego selves, the seeing of that prior total love Self will blast out of time and stand revealed, and that ego will have melted and be as if it never was, which is an ego's pitiful truth.   With the seeming separation of ego gone, the word, "Love," needs no opposite for definition. 

• Spooner likes this

#13 Sweezi

Sweezi

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 07:52 AM

You mean, dirt? (-:
Highly organised dirt ;D

I think the ego is important and should be consulted when doing anything to do with the external world.
But I also think it's equally important to be able to identify the voice of the ego as well as the voice of your truest self, like it was said about the cigarettes.
When I talk to my friends about ego they seem to imply it as an enemy which needs to be caged up and only let out under your discrepancy (perhaps exaggerated slightly). I'd say it'd be better to have an I-thou relationship with the ego, you are both the ego and the observer, I have many conversations with myself where the ego tells me to do something like going for a smoke and instead of repressing it I'll investigate as to why. Should I not have an argument against the ego then I'll conceded and go for a fag. The problem with this is the observer will slowly transition into the personality of the ego and then become tainted with anxiety, so the process requires upkeep lest I forget
Isn't the ego essentially the observing mind combined with cultural ideals, experience, and social group biases?

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Edited by Sweezi, 13 April 2018 - 08:03 AM.

#14 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,069 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 April 2018 - 10:47 AM

The ego is anything it has to be to keep us giving a sense of reality to it. 

Look, it's me, you, craving a cigarette.   Now I'm here wondering if we should have it.  Now I'm being the observer.  As long as I can identify, I am you, and you are me.

What are you when there is nothing made up, nothing of any believed-in sort, in what's going on?  I bet it's not a noun.  Identity is in and of thought forms.  It's its only way of being.   Thoughts and beliefs are its wheelhouse.   It's what is telling you a story of being, filling up the perceived field of being while doing it.  It is the waking dream we, as mind, projected in front of 'what is.'   What's it take to be? 

Ego's not going away or giving up its game of pretend.  So, what it will take to be, with this ego story playing, is to be the timeless seeing of what is, and what isn't, true.   We won't see ego, if our way of looking is just through another sly and subtle expression of the ego.   Ego must try, in order to keep its illusion going.    This is why self inquiry is so powerful.  The heart, what we are, the life, will be, always.   But, there is no form of avatar which being can put up against ego, whose game is avatars.  Taking on an avatar in perception, that would be the ego.

The breakthrough can be catching the ego just one time from unidentified seeing, and grokking its game, experiencing the Self, the clear being/seeing/knowing with no be'er, no seer, and no identifiable knower, nothing to hold on to with any nameable attribute, only the immaterial knowing of knowing itself.  

In clear seeing, no other exists.  No one is there to take the credit for having made 'what is' into some kind of accomplishment.   There is no battle to be had with the ego, because there is no two to battle.  The real one simply sees there is no other, and that all the otherness is in a story which had a beginning and in the true seeing, simply ends, as if it were never there. 

Edited by Alder Logs, 13 April 2018 - 12:29 PM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!