Microbe

civis scientiam

• OG VIP
  • 4,332 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 May 2018 - 06:37 AM

Space Force! Lmao

Here you go Microbe, I think this is supposed to give you a warm fuzzy feeling...
sort of like trich on your mycelliium

[Direct Link]

• Spooner likes this

#42 Rangley

Rangley

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 239 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 01:33 PM

Would you be willing to leave earth, never to return to colonize another planet?
  • Spooner likes this

#43 Spooner

Spooner

Horney Toad

• Black VIP
  • 2,752 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 May 2018 - 02:47 PM

That is the problem with children they never want to pick up their toys, they just play for awhile then move on.

• onediadem, Alder Logs, Microbe and 1 other like this

#44 Microbe

Microbe

civis scientiam

• OG VIP
  • 4,332 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 May 2018 - 04:35 PM

If I were terminally ill i would volunteer to be blasted into space to go further then man as gone before, im talking to the point of ne return.

Would you be willing to leave earth, never to return to colonize another planet?

• Spooner likes this

#45 Spooner

Spooner

Horney Toad

• Black VIP
  • 2,752 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 May 2018 - 05:14 PM

The Universe is  big place, dozens of  billions of light years in every direction,

Would be fun to go to our current edge and peek outsie our fiield of view. 

Not sure I would ever want to come back, but living that long migh become tedious. 

Being a god might be a life without wonder. where is the fun in that?

• Microbe likes this

#46 dial8

dial8

3 Fungi Mod

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,540 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 May 2018 - 05:20 PM

Being a healthy earthling leaving for another planet, knowing you would never see or feel the keys of home again (the keys that open nostalgia, keys of our psyche, those that make our mind say "ahh yes this is where I belong") , would definitely be, psychologically, very tough. Thought conditioning may be needed to even somewhat overcome our instinctual ties to earth. Raise special space travelers in "Mars" like conditions. Isolated Hawaiian volcano landscapes? Teach them all they need to know of home (Mars) and how to get there? Then blast off?

• Microbe and Rangley like this

#47 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 6,445 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 May 2018 - 08:18 PM

I am afraid I am one of the beings who are here to heal the Earth, and prepare as many as I can for its transformation. I could only leave if I knew the sun going nova was imminent................

• onediadem, dial8, Spooner and 2 others like this

#48 Microbe

Microbe

civis scientiam

• OG VIP
  • 4,332 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 May 2018 - 08:35 AM

I am afraid I am one of the beings who are here to heal the Earth, and prepare as many as I can for its transformation. I could only leave if I knew the sun going nova was imminent................
Wont have to worry about it going super nova but instead it will expand into a Red Giant which IMO would be worst as far our demise. It would happen gradually and we would lots of time to think about it and the earth would heat up and eventually will begin to cook.

Even though i won't be around to see it and approximately 5 billion years from now, im not sure any of us will be but a super nova would be better because i believe that would be instant death via vaporized.

Edited by Microbe, 06 May 2018 - 08:37 AM.

• dial8, Skywatcher and Rangley like this

#49 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 12,941 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 May 2018 - 12:00 PM

To start with, I have a belief that the bases of current astro (and all other types of) physics are flawed, and any ideas about planets, stars, and galaxies, are simply wild-assed guesses based on faulty data, though there have been endless computations issuing therefrom.    Basically, we don't know shit, but our science never seems far beyond the notion that it has it mostly figured out. 

I would like to travel in this body, but not so much using the current publicly acknowledged technologies of slightly post caveman rocket propulsion.   Burning mass quantities of shit up at a high rate to inefficiently push crap around is a big Fuck You to this planet to start with.   I am with Skywatcher on taking better care of what we have here.   Anywhere we would get to at our present stages of conscious development as a species would be akin to another, "there goes the neighborhood" scenario.    If we are just going to find somewhere else to exploit, indigenous lifeforms be damned, then it would be far better not to rush into such adventurism.   

All that said, I know I am not this body, or the compilation of thoughts of a mind limited in that body's sense perceptions, memories, and projections.   Even so, to adventure with this body/mind would be natural to it.    From a wider spiritual seeing, I would have to let the intuition of the heart be the guidance, looking to avoid the arrogance of pretending to know what's best.   For a single case in point, when NASA thought it was okay to crash that first plutonium power pack into the planet Jupiter, assuming it could know what the most toxic thing we've ever produced to our own environment would mean to another environment that it was so obviously completely ignorant of, was in my sight, a zenith of human arrogance.   No fucking respect at all.    Picture; you are on an island in a paradise and a ship with a cross on its sail is coming in to your beloved beach. 

Edited by Alder Logs, 06 May 2018 - 12:21 PM.

• dial8, Skywatcher and Microbe like this

#50 Spooner

Spooner

Horney Toad

• Black VIP
  • 2,752 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 May 2018 - 02:56 PM

The point of science is to analyze the present and how it relates to what is to come.  It is only once we have established a reliable predictive function that we begin (to one degree or another) believe that our models are  a representation of reality.

It is all well and good to call the model a fraud, but as long as it maintains its ability to help us control the variablles in our lives, it will remain the dominate paradigm.

Does not matter very much that the underlieing model may have flaws, if I can use it effectively.  Love my computer access to information, the ability to buy pineapples, access to hospitals when needed, and to eat the peaches from a tree purchsed online, and delivred to me by the combustion of hydrocarbons.

I spent years making a good living manupulating equations about electromagnitism, but none of that requires me to imagine that magnitism or electrons are ultimately real.  But there is also no reason to discard the current paradigm until we can replace it with a more useful model.  

For now, I live in a reality which is mostly empty, with small areas of intense energy, giving the illusion of solid real objects in empty space.  And damn it is a whole lot of fun to pretend that I am alive and part of this world, even if that is ultimately a somewhat flawed (or at best incomplete) model.

• dial8, Microbe and Cuboid like this

#51 Rangley

Rangley

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 239 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 06:38 PM

That is the problem with children they never want to pick up their toys, they just play for awhile then move on.

I do not know if this was directed at my post or not. If so I apologize for asking such a deep question in such a simple way. I owed you all some background. I was at work, and was simply igniting a conversation. I knew that a question like that required a lot more to complete the scenario I was aiming towards. However it was a long day and I didn’t make it back to edit my post.

Then I got such amazing and beautiful responses. One thing I love about this community is in my world I find myself very dissociated. I cannot sit around and talk about reality TV, or stupid famous people that my generation seem to adore. It’s great to find like minded intellectuals who have thought about some of the questions concerning humanity. Much less to find so many passionate responses.

The other day I was working with a pretty intelligent group of contractors. Sitting down at lunch one guy admitted that during helping his daughter with a science project he learned that stars have an expiration date. That they die. As an empath I pick up well on body language, and his demeanor went from happiness speaking about working with his daughter. To pure sadness thinking that one day her children’s, children and theirs may face extinction. It’s just something most people do not walk around thinking about.

Now I didn’t judge him for not paying too much attention in his younger science learning years at school. He is still extremely intelligent in other fields with an amazing knack for problem solving. So we sat most of the day discussing what we believed to be the sciences and technologies mankind would need to become a multi-planetary species. I won’t get into that.

So here is the scenario and I think it would have molded the conversation differently but I completely understand all of your responses with what I originally posted.

The scenario involved the human species leaving earth due to the death of our sun! One day human beings will have to leave Earth, that is science and fact. With that being said I did not mean right now.

First we have to perceive time differently. We have only just begun as intelligent creatures. With a short history of only around 200,000 years. If we destroy this planet before the suns death, or if we kill each other off we did not deserve the rest of what the cosmos and intelligence had to offer for life. However I have faith in humanity. I believe by 4-5 billions year we will be ready.

The sun is now in the middle of its life cycle, and will explode in about 4-5 billion years In the few hundred million years before the explosion, it will swell up and become a red giant as big as the Earth's orbit. It will therefore swallow the Earth.
  • dial8, Spooner and Microbe like this

#52 Rangley

Rangley

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 239 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 06:44 PM

This was where the conversation was headed. Luckily as microbe stated our sun is not large enough to go Nova and that is known scientific fact. However it will enlarge, and slowly pull the hydrogen from our atmosphere swallowing us to fuel it’s long and slow disintegration to become a red giant, and then a white dwarf. We have already observed this many times with other stars and solar systems.

Which leads me to believe that many of us like you, I, and alder are here to brifge the ways of old and the earth into the new with technology and nature side by side. Our eyes only allow us to see the UV spectrum, and much of the energy around us we can not see. However it flows through all of us. It’s our job to teach the love of not just earth and our world but to love life in itself. From microscopic to the largest cosmos. All of the molecules and atoms that make up what we love here are all over our universe. We are thus preparing future generations not just to respect this earth but the entire universe that weaves all of our destiny.

Edited by Rangley, 06 May 2018 - 06:46 PM.

• dial8 and Microbe like this

#53 Spooner

Spooner

Horney Toad

• Black VIP
  • 2,752 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 May 2018 - 06:52 PM

Considering our ability to attack each other We may have some inherent species problems to deal with before the Sun loses it's mind. 

Our species does not seem stable  enough to survive 4 billion years,

But, hell yeah, I wouuld love to go, after all, life is a one way trip anyway.

Edited by Spooner, 06 May 2018 - 07:06 PM.

• dial8, Microbe and Rangley like this

#54 Rangley

Rangley

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 239 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 07:02 PM

Considering our ability to attack each other We may have sppesies problems to deal with before the Sun loses it's mind. 
Our species does not seem stable  enough to survive 4 million years,
But, hell yeah I wouuld love to go,

We will see global warming catastrophes brought on by nature not man, we will see man made catatosphres, and we will see multiple ice ages through that period, but we have survived multiple times and I believe we will survive multiple more. I cannot say that I love the existence of life around myself and within me without wanting our species to thrive, and evolve through the billions of years.

We are manipulators of our environment and that makes us very detrimental to the entire universe because with that we can spread life through the cosmos.
  • dial8, Spooner and Microbe like this

#55 dial8

dial8

3 Fungi Mod

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,540 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 May 2018 - 08:40 AM

In 4-5 billion years I don't think "we" will be homo sapiens any more.

Edited by dial8, 07 May 2018 - 08:40 AM.

• coorsmikey, Skywatcher, Spooner and 2 others like this

#56 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 12,941 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 May 2018 - 11:28 AM

Belief in the moon landing stories continues to come up against this science that seems to keep coming up over the years.  It comes in at 2:30 here in this video:

[Direct Link]

We can send a Tesla through the radiation belt as long as a dummy is at the wheel.  

Edited by Alder Logs, 07 May 2018 - 11:30 AM.

• Microbe likes this

#57 Microbe

Microbe

civis scientiam

• OG VIP
  • 4,332 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 May 2018 - 11:57 AM

Lets forget about humans destroying humans or even devastating microbes that wipe us all out. We wont be around to see the earth destroyed and we would need to have left earth billions of years before the sun begins its furious transformation. Im skeptical and i dont think we can successfully colonize another planet or at least not at the efficiency it would take to evacuate the entire earth of all its inhabitants.

I get it, the subject of colonizing another planet probably isn't about taking everyone but itstead just a select few from every available field of study and or trade. We will need all types of engineers, doctors, farmers, carpenters, welders, IT guys/gals, excevators and etc. I believe the plan is to get just enough people to continue our species existence. I agree with Dial8, if we are around for another 4 billion years we would have certainly evolved into something else and especially if we colonize another planet, we will evolve to be optimal in that environment.

Many including myself wake up everyday and dont think about it. Subconsciously maybe I dont care, i would like to believe that i do. If people are still here were talking families and children that are going to experience a very miserable ending here on earth.

It WILL happen the earth will die and that too is a scientific fact. Sure our timelines can and may be flawed but even being off a few hundred million years and even a billion years would be pretty dang accurate considering that by the time the sun goes (and remeber we will be gone before then) the known universe will be approaching 20 billion years old.

Here is a quick video on predictions of the evolution of the earth.

[Direct Link]

• dial8 and Rangley like this

#58 Microbe

Microbe

civis scientiam

• OG VIP
  • 4,332 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 May 2018 - 12:06 PM

Belief in the moon landing stories continues to come up against this science that seems to keep coming up over the years. It comes in at 2:30 here in this video:

[Direct Link]

We can send a Tesla through the radiation belt as long as a dummy is at the wheel.
I need to set a daily alert to check the daily video until it becomes habit. Or you can post one daily here for me.......

It would be a two way street though Alder, I get my daily fix and you drive up your post count.....if that's important to you......its not to me lol

#59 dial8

dial8

3 Fungi Mod

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,540 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 May 2018 - 02:07 PM

Evolution has two schools of thought if you believe in evolution at all. One is the very slow and gradual change that occurs through genetic drift and mutation. The other theory is called punctuated equilibrium. That theory says that organisms tick along fairly unchanged (except for the random mutation here and there) and that a catastrophic event creates new niches, wipes some species out, causes new environments, and new geographical isolation. Then evolution occurs relatively quickly. To me, with my limited understanding of evolution ( I believe most people cannot fully grasp evolution and only have a very basic and primitive understanding of it), this seems much more logical. That's really neither here nor there except for the fact I believe we are on the cusp of another "catastrophe" or major change effecting thing. That being technology. Once we hit that point, whether it be with a.I. or quantum computers, I believe our species will evolve more quickly. At that point hopefully we will be able to make better decisions on taking care of our earth and better ways of leaving it when that time comes. The problems with our treatment of earth arises now because of our basic microbial drive to spread our genetics into the future. We have been very successful at this. The only difference between our drive and the drive of a bacteria to spread its genetics, is the fact that we can manipulate our environment much better than a microbe, but the same drive is there. A microbe will eat itself out of a house and home produce endospores that will survive, with the DNA, to then move on to another place to live. We simply move on without major portions of our species being wiped out. It will take another leap in evolution to rid us of this drive that is only problematic in our species. Again, I think that leap will occur with technological and computer advancements.

Sorry I started rambling and trying to string complicated thoughts together is very hard. I sometimes wish I had Terrence McKenna's knack for conversation and vocabulary.

Edited to add one detail I left out.

Edited by dial8, 07 May 2018 - 03:59 PM.

• Microbe likes this

#60 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 12,941 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 May 2018 - 04:37 PM

From where my mind is right now, subordinated to my being, we speak here in errant ways about the physical universe, as it is, and us, as our body/minds, as we think of them.  Neither, in my view, is correct.  

The physics is all wrong at its bases because Newton's assumption of what a thing we call gravity is, and how it comes into being, has made our view of the macro cosmos excessively weighted with mass, that must be there, only because of calculations after the Law of Universal Gravitation, being unproven, but only believed.   This gives materialist science more material than it knows what to do with (or where to find it), by its using Newton's thought experiment, which if examined, actually uses a cannonball to weigh the Earth (and all thought to be "gravitating" celestial spheres).   Everything seen in the cosmos to move has had its positions, motions, and mass, calculated as if a cannonball were a gravity generator.    In an electro-motive universe, such masses would be far from required, and the celestial spheres more likely would be void centered vortices, their forces electrical and motive.

As for what is a human, in truth, and as with everything else, the essence would be consciousness and awareness, with which, everything is known, and the only way it is knowable, being as it is, prior to both space and the illusions of past and future time.  To the true essence, there is not a beginning or end.  Anything that arises in form will end.    It is a mistake of falsely identifying with form which makes the illusion strong.  If I think I am this body/mind, it's going to be a case of, "tough shit," as these manifest as a form, doomed from the git go.    Life in form means death in form.  Life in the formless and timeless is eternal, and beyond a time body or mind.    These can be seen for what they are in unidentified awareness, but any seemingly separate expression of awareness will not receive a key.  But the seeing is true and always available.   You'll have to take my word for it until you become it, and know your Self as that seeing.  Words will fail.

Back to the planet;  if seen as an electro-motive manifestation of matter from energy, as all matter is, and that the electrical and motional component is the attractive/repulsive force of actions at distance, the game of physical reality changes.   It can be seen that the nuclear furnace idea of stars is totally what has come out of materialist science, after Newton, and the masses of stars, like planets is totally overestimated, and their forces and radiations, misinterpreted.   The only need for black holes is in the computations, and the calculators are seeing what they believe.    So, while we have Everything Space, let's not forget we have  Electric Universe.

If there was/is a question of our star seriously threatening our planet, under the electric universe model, and with a better understanding of the forces at play, packing up the whole planet and moving it to another star would not be out of the question.  But, alas, we are bound, as if that cannonball of Newton's were chained to our ankles. 

Yours truly,

A Voice In the Wilderness

Edited by Alder Logs, 07 May 2018 - 04:52 PM.

• Microbe likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!