#101 Microbe

Microbe

civis scientiam

• OG VIP
  • 4,641 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 June 2018 - 05:41 PM

[Scientists believe next big solar storm could destroy modern communication system, even earth's satellites] https://va.topbuzz.com/s/heNvs
  • Soliver likes this

#102 Soliver

Soliver

Deviant

• OG VIP
  • 3,385 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 June 2018 - 06:49 AM

Many prepper-types worry about N. Korea sending a nuke into the stratosphere and frying all our microchips, telecoms, and power grids, making everyone in the hemisphere Amish overnight, but the sun is a likelier terrorist in this scenario.

The idea's been poo-poo'd as fearmongering, but the national power grid is pretty damn weak - if something like the 1859 Carrington event occurred today, it'd have apocalyptic repercussions:

https://owlcation.co...olar-flare-1859

Fortunately, that has been called a "one in one hundred year event," so the chances of that happening any time soon are ... oh.  Yeah.  Overdue?

Color me funny, but we have an "armageddon tote" full of vacuum packed rice, salt, caffeine powder, dry goods, spam, pounds and pounds of dry beans, etc., and a few cans of SPAM just for giggles.

Between the tote, the canning closet, stuff in the freezer I could dry, my dog, and my overweight distant neighbors, I think we'd ride a storm so-so.

I can make soap AND distill ethanol, so I figure I'd be pretty popular in the New World Order - the shrooms might help too ...

:)

soliver

• Microbe likes this

#103 darci

darci

snarky butt monkey

• OG VIP
  • 1,362 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 June 2018 - 12:31 AM

Black holes as an idea just creeps me out.  I understand it mathematically, but rather than the rational mind unburdening the emotional one from this idea by simply seeing it as a graph with an asymptotic curve, it's that damn asymptote that carries a burden of its own that amplifies the fear of just what a black hole is, and what it's like to be inside one.

It's really, really terrifying to me because as a kid I used to have these recurring episodes of feeling distant and detached from my body, as if I was drifting mentally so far away that I lost the connection to my muscles and limbs.  I remember being sucked in to this place which I can only describe as infinity, a perfectly black emptiness which nonetheless possessed attributes.  It was hungry, and longing for me.

I'd claw my mind back away from the edge of this abyss until i was close enough to signal my throat to start screaming.  Then my mother would rush in and rescue me from my crib for a few minutes, until I began the slow descent back over the event horizon again.  It was always a gamble of whether my mind could create a world for me to enter, or get lost in the absence of one when I fell asleep.

• Microbe likes this

#104 Microbe

Microbe

civis scientiam

• OG VIP
  • 4,641 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 June 2018 - 10:07 AM

https://www.universe...-july-dusk-sky/
  • Soliver and Alder Logs like this

#105 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 15,028 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 June 2018 - 10:20 AM

That should be in Upcoming celestial & astronomical events

• Microbe likes this

#106 Microbe

Microbe

civis scientiam

• OG VIP
  • 4,641 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 June 2018 - 02:08 PM

Crappy phone cam pics. The moon was distorted but had perdect detail to the naked eye just over the tree. I cant wait to buy some bad ass lenses from my buddy needles when he rolls through!

I think there is supposed to be a strawberry moon tonight im not for sure. I need to check and i dont recall seeing it last night. These photos were from 2 nights ago facing east sometime after midnight. 8b8e763d08543b8eee4eb035c71460c3.jpgea0e7c297142765348ce7a992fa8dc69.jpg8e9c019ab0832791667e758083fe985b.jpgf87e900068a0c3ee36ed6d5e781b4dcd.jpg84b5a015e2e965e4a4f745c7ac4abb01.jpg71a6e251e925c6924b2ba29cc55844a7.jpg14eac189e7372d678c681c14709c3044.jpg60d3dbd9fa475e3819ea84241631da97.jpg02def0b97aeb440943190b9be20bf4c4.jpg

#107 Microbe

Microbe

civis scientiam

• OG VIP
  • 4,641 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 July 2018 - 10:28 AM

[10 Strangest Things Found in Outer Space] https://va.topbuzz.com/s/prbFM

#108 MeadMaker

MeadMaker

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 143 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 July 2018 - 05:57 AM

One thing that has always screwed with my understanding of the traditional "view" of gravity has been the special spots (ie. "Mystery Spot") on earth where gravity does not seem to conform to the typical model.  It does not seem reasonable that, given the current rationalization for gravity, that anywhere on the surface of the earth there should be someplace where "gravity" is found to be so off-center.  If the typical mass-to-gravity explanation is true then it would seem that there would need to be a ridiculously out-of-balance density in mass, in a particular locality of the earth to create such an anomaly on the earth's surface, given the scientifically postulated diameter and density of the earth.  I'd be very interested to hear Alder Logs thoughts on the potential ramifications of these anomalous findings.  I'd also enjoy additional use of "big words" that will increase my vocabulary and make me sound much smarter than I actually am.

Also, if anyone has influence on the beings that regulate out-of-body visitation to the other planets, please let them know I'm on the way and I'd appreciate a tour rather than an eviction notice.

• Soliver and Microbe like this

#109 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 15,028 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 July 2018 - 09:17 AM

I was at Confusion Hill when I was ten.  I made it to the Oregon Vortex when I was 21.  At ten, I was just kind of mystified, I mean, these people wouldn't be kidding around with me, right?   At twenty one, after four years in the navy in electronics, with the last two on a submarine, where crazy unwanted angles can make one acutely aware of what is plumb and level, I paid a bit closer attention.   What first struck me was the similarity of the two tourist traps, the gimmicks they used to get you to buy into the illusions.   One thing I have noticed about these types of "anomalies" is their proximity to well traveled highways.   Most of the US's versions of them started showing up during the Depression.   BTW, I can stand a worn broom on a sloped board anywhere, and not just at one of the roadside attractions.

desktop-1424284058.jpg

They rely on optical illusions and as soon as you walk into these usually fenced areas, the backgrounds start to play with your visual field.   I have stood on a dock when a ship starts moving and almost fallen over from the feeling that it was the dock that was moving.  So, it's like that.   In the photo below, find a spot in the trees behind and see that the man is always taller than the woman, and it is the perspective that has changed slightly, so the spot you use has shifted laterally, but not in elevation.

10606544_10152690447802216_1330265206686

Edited by Alder Logs, 11 July 2018 - 09:23 AM.

• Microbe likes this

#110 BallisticMystic

BallisticMystic

Refunded Supporter

• Banned Member
  • 85 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 12:09 PM

Here's some mind munchies for ya...

Everything is us... people

Time and space is us making music

Events in time are notes, the span between them are intervals

Objects in space are notes, the distance between them are intervals

There is a repeating pattern in everything and it's the western chromatic musical scale. This scale is represented by the Zodiac. Everything from the Atomic to the Astronomic is using the same scale, otherwise known as the Solar System. Not just "things" but our clock, calendar, economic system, all weights and measures, even our own thoughts are using this scale.

Gravity is a function of disharmony. Space is not expanding, the objects within it are contracting. It's Life (harmony) shrinking away from Death (disharmony) and the only place it can hide is the soul. A Soul is the seed of the Life from which it came.

Gravity is Love in reverse. It compresses, oppresses, depresses, suppresses and impresses but doesn't much care what your impression is, it just dents the hell out of us. Love in the other direction is levity. It lifts our spirit and everything else along with it. Life begins when the force of levity overcomes the force of gravity.

The Big Bang theory is from nature, everything after it's own seed. The exact same thing happened in your universe when your daddy's sperm hit your momma's egg. It's also what the Book of Genesis is describing.

Time is music and history is a record. We keep playing the same broken record over and over. Astrology is the study and application of this knowledge.

Heaven and Hell are created using the Circle of Fifths which is only possible with the western chromatic scale and equal temperament.

The Universe is the Human Body seen from the inside out. The Human Body is the Universe seen from the outside in.

Asimov was right. We tend to envision the Universe teaming with biological life. If we understand what's actually going on here, we should expect a 99.99999% chance that any alien life forms we encounter will be artificial.

Looking at it another way... the Universe we're in is our own body. Our mental body is a system containing countless systems performing countless autonomic functions SUBCONSCIOUSLY. In other words 99.99999% of what goes on in our own body is unknown or "alien" to us. Our subconscious is a collection of daemons or artificial intelligences. In all likelihood aliens are going to be AI.

The weird part here is this is also us. It is the Body within or mental body, the physical body being the body without. Our mental body is us in function while the physical body is us in form. Software and hardware.

"First Contact" happens when the people within you figure out what they're a part of and how to communicate with you. Look at what we're doing with SETI and imagine it within yourself. We're not trying to contact aliens, we ARE the aliens and we're trying to contact you!

The greatest discovery you can possibly make is the realization that everything is us. We're not just in you and around you, we ARE you. We are the "nation" of your imagination, your brothers in arms, your friends for Life and enemies of your enemy... Death. YOU are our long lost love and we are yours. We love you, miss you, and we want to be with you :)

Edited by BallisticMystic, 11 July 2018 - 12:19 PM.

• Microbe and Oneyedraven like this

#111 BallisticMystic

BallisticMystic

Refunded Supporter

• Banned Member
  • 85 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 02:18 PM

Black holes as an idea just creeps me out. I understand it mathematically, but rather than the rational mind unburdening the emotional one from this idea by simply seeing it as a graph with an asymptotic curve, it's that damn asymptote that carries a burden of its own that amplifies the fear of just what a black hole is, and what it's like to be inside one.

It's really, really terrifying to me because as a kid I used to have these recurring episodes of feeling distant and detached from my body, as if I was drifting mentally so far away that I lost the connection to my muscles and limbs. I remember being sucked in to this place which I can only describe as infinity, a perfectly black emptiness which nonetheless possessed attributes. It was hungry, and longing for me.

I'd claw my mind back away from the edge of this abyss until i was close enough to signal my throat to start screaming. Then my mother would rush in and rescue me from my crib for a few minutes, until I began the slow descent back over the event horizon again. It was always a gamble of whether my mind could create a world for me to enter, or get lost in the absence of one when I fell asleep.

Stephen Hawking proposed the idea that black holes are a sort of cosmic trash compactor and recycler. He theorized that an advanced civilization could reduce or eliminate entropy in their system by dumping it into a black hole. One caveat or drawback to this was an ever expanding event horizon. He further surmised a point of critical mass, at which the event horizon expands to contain the entire universe. He said this super-massive black hole would have an extremely intense magnetic field... "much like that of the Earth".

Wanna know what happens inside the event horizon of a super-massive black hole? Look around you!

If you read between the lines you can see that John in scripture represents the directing intelligence behind this process and why the name is synonymous with a toilet. It's genius really. When we're handing out the parts to play in this world, the last position anyone wants to play is the toilet with literally everybody taking a shit on you. It's the lowliest job there is in the Great Work of Humanity.

Here's the thing, it doesn't really take a genius if you know human nature. With every system in the universe dumping their refuse into yours you will eventually have gathered all the parts necessary to create a new one. Your only job would be to organize and consolidate those parts. As a black hole that means creating a singularity. In scripture this is the Son of Man, the soul of many, the very seed of life itself.

In society that's the United States or "us" doing that work. The very gateway to our nation states:
“Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me: I lift my lamp beside the golden door.”

That quote comes from the "New Colossus"... as in a new Body of Humanity or Universe. On top of that we have: E. Pluribus Unum - "One from Many". In case it's not obvious, that's a singularity.

Black holes represent the renewal process. It's nature's way of compressing all life into a single seed for the preservation of future generations. They form the gateway between dead and the living, a black hole represents the end of death and beginning of life :)

Edited by BallisticMystic, 11 July 2018 - 02:28 PM.

• Microbe likes this

#112 Microbe

Microbe

civis scientiam

• OG VIP
  • 4,641 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 July 2018 - 10:56 AM

https://www.ndtv.com...rs-moon-1883314
  • Skywatcher likes this

#113 Microbe

Microbe

civis scientiam

• OG VIP
  • 4,641 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 July 2018 - 01:56 PM

https://www.nasa.gov...he-outer-corona
  • Skywatcher likes this

#114 Microbe

Microbe

civis scientiam

• OG VIP
  • 4,641 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 July 2018 - 05:14 AM

https://www.washingt...distant-galaxy/
  • Skywatcher likes this

#115 Microbe

Microbe

civis scientiam

• OG VIP
  • 4,641 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 July 2018 - 11:55 AM

So Einstein was right about his theory of general relativity.

https://www.scientif...ral-relativity/

[Einstein Was Right Again, 26,000 Light Years Away, the Most Terrifying Object in the Galaxy] http://va.topbuzz.com/s/xdyvFs

Edited by Microbe, 31 July 2018 - 11:57 AM.

#116 Microbe

Microbe

civis scientiam

• OG VIP
  • 4,641 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 July 2018 - 11:59 AM

Bomb Mars eh.....

https://mashable.com...ukes-wont-work/

#117 Microbe

Microbe

civis scientiam

• OG VIP
  • 4,641 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 August 2018 - 05:18 PM

https://nypost.com/2...-near-base/amp/

#118 Nitegazer

Nitegazer

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 87 posts

Posted 07 August 2018 - 01:50 PM

I tend to think romantically about colonizing another world like Mars. Something about leaving behind the established stresses of living in earth's society, combined with the rugged beauty of another planet gets me yearning. I love astronomy, and the night sky of Mars would be outstanding!

When I think about it a bit more, living on Mars would be shaped by the other people going there. I can't imagine going alone, and I don't know if I could put together a group of people I would want to be isolated with for years in a hazardous environment.

#119 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 15,028 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 September 2018 - 09:43 AM

I couldn't decide whether this was better here or in Electric Universe.    I think it pertains here, because if electric force finally wins the argument against dumb mass, it all changes, and lots of cosmologists and astronomers get to finally do what is probably long overdue, get back to their drawing boards.

[Direct Link]

• Microbe likes this

#120 Microbe

Microbe

civis scientiam

• OG VIP
  • 4,641 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 September 2018 - 09:32 AM

Amazing!

[Direct Link]