#1 Microbe

Microbe

civis scientiam

• OG VIP
  • 4,351 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 April 2018 - 12:44 PM

Being captivated by Netflix series such as Narcos and all the other cartel series on there to black mirror and many more then there is amazon series such Bosch, sneaky Pete, Hand of God, to name just a few i have missed out on some televised series such as Black List. Im finally getting around to watching it after seeing great reviews in magazines, to news stations to social media.

Im in season 1 episode 4 and i can tell you the 1st thing that jumped out at me is the soundtrack. It is cleverly appropriate to the situation. As far as the story it is excellent so far. Its like taking a entire season of Homeland and trimming the fat leaving you with a terrorist plot from start to climax squeezed into a time frame just short of 1 hour.......im not sure climax and squeezed should never be used in the same sentence ever again on a public forum lmao!

I have some time here to binge on it as im caught up on everything and any broadcast series that is normally found on cable or broadcast tv, i wait until the series is over before watching it. I cant stand the anxiety and anxiously waiting a week to catch the next episode. This is probably why i enjoy Amazin and Netflix originals because when the series drops, its all there for a excellent binder to begin!

Anyone watching black list right now?

On a side note, and amidst MGySgt R. Lee Ermey's passing, Full Metal Jacket will be on the screen this movie night.

[Direct Link]

• Myc, wildedibles, GalenOl and 2 others like this

#2 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 6,495 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 April 2018 - 12:55 PM

Well now, I don't feel so alone after all. 

I too, avoid watching "serial" programs until they've run their course.

The Naked Archaeologist - on azamon primo. It's a fun show. 

I watched Under the Dome until they deviated from the story line so far as to be "off the reservation". Needless to say, I didn't even bother watching the last season. Total shit-bag show (if you read the book first). Stephen King sold out and let a bunch of hacks ruin his story for obvious profit motives. Avoid this one if you value your free time. 

• wildedibles and Microbe like this

#3 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 14,868 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 April 2018 - 01:37 PM

Waiting on the next Blacklist. I love Reddington. I am watching Flashpoint on Hulu right now. Kevin Bacon is in a good series on netflix called the following, and it is a complete series.

• Myc, wildedibles and Microbe like this

#4 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,045 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 April 2018 - 02:25 PM

Shadow hunters is driving me crazy cuz I have to wait a week for the next one just like TV I dont like it either but I reaally like this series :)
Merlin I just started watching it today and really like the old glimses into the magic of long ago ;)
I watched charmed along time ago and its playing on tv and as soon as the series is over Im canceling tv and just watching on the internet now :) save me some money netflix is way cheaper
I like nature shows too and netflix has lots of thoes and youtube too....documentrys too love to learn in a visual way ;)
I think I watched narcos when I first started netflix and oh ya there was weeds or something like that a mother turned pot dealer to make ends meet and ends up with the cartel very funny at times :)
  • Myc, Microbe and cosmicsistar like this

#5 Spooner

Spooner

Horney Toad

• Black VIP
  • 2,752 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 April 2018 - 03:26 PM

Rocky & Bulwinkle

Mosly just Bulwinkle

Edited by Spooner, 18 April 2018 - 03:31 PM.

• Myc and wildedibles like this

#6 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,087 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 April 2018 - 07:11 PM

It's getting hard to get some things on DVD and we can't stream here thanx to Sentry Stink with their unique combination of high prices and low bandwidth.   I got the first season of Breaking Bad last month, still waiting on Season 2. 

Full Metal Jacket is a good one, as is, Platoon.  I have found them both at thrift stores.   In FMJ, though I joined the navy in early 1964, the boot camp experience was very close to what I experienced.   We could see the marine recruits across the fence and it's true, they ran more than we did, but from that movie, that was about the only real difference.  Basic was one fucking dehumanizing experience.  But then, that's how boot camp worked.

Edited by Alder Logs, 18 April 2018 - 11:13 PM.

#7 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 14,868 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 April 2018 - 09:52 PM

Breaking bad was pretty insane.

• wildedibles, Microbe and CatsAndBats like this

#8 Microbe

Microbe

civis scientiam

• OG VIP
  • 4,351 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 April 2018 - 05:46 AM

Breaking Bad was amazing. I like most if not all AMC series which include Breaking Bad, Better Call Sal, The Walking Dead, Fear the Walking Dead, Into the Badlands and one im anxiously waiting for its second season called Son. Im sure there are a few more i forgot about but those are my AMC favorites.
  • wildedibles likes this

#9 Microbe

Microbe

civis scientiam

• OG VIP
  • 4,351 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 April 2018 - 05:51 AM

It's getting hard to get some things on DVD and we can't stream here thanx to Sentry Stink with their unique combination of high prices and low bandwidth. I got the first season of Breaking Bad last month, still waiting on Season 2.

Full Metal Jacket is a good one, as is, Platoon. I have found them both at thrift stores. In FMJ, though I joined the navy in early 1964, the boot camp experience was very close to what I experienced. We could see the marine recruits across the fence and it's true, they ran more than we did, but from that movie, that was about the only real difference. Basic was one fucking dehumanizing experience. But then, that's how boot camp worked.

I love war movies and especially the Vietnam era. So many to great movies to mention but "We were Soldiers" was the last movie depicting Vietnam that i can recall and it was excellent.......at least i thought so.
  • wildedibles likes this

#10 Microbe

Microbe

civis scientiam

• OG VIP
  • 4,351 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 April 2018 - 05:52 AM

Shadow hunters is driving me crazy cuz I have to wait a week for the next one just like TV I dont like it either but I reaally like this series :)
Merlin I just started watching it today and really like the old glimses into the magic of long ago ;)
I watched charmed along time ago and its playing on tv and as soon as the series is over Im canceling tv and just watching on the internet now :) save me some money netflix is way cheaper
I like nature shows too and netflix has lots of thoes and youtube too....documentrys too love to learn in a visual way ;)
I think I watched narcos when I first started netflix and oh ya there was weeds or something like that a mother turned pot dealer to make ends meet and ends up with the cartel very funny at times :)

Netflix does have some excellent Nature shows and some excellent documenteries.
  • onediadem and wildedibles like this

#11 cosmicsistar

cosmicsistar

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 39 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 06:27 AM

holy shit it bugs me too, and I just realized that the warlock was the guy from mortal kombat

#12 cosmicsistar

cosmicsistar

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 39 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 06:28 AM

I am watching Gotham, such a guilty pleasure. The Sherlock Holmes series is pretty good too if you like more intellectual.

• wildedibles, Spooner and Microbe like this

#13 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 14,868 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 April 2018 - 10:14 AM

Sherlock was awesome!

• wildedibles and cosmicsistar like this

#14 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,045 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 April 2018 - 11:50 PM

holy shit it bugs me too, and I just realized that the warlock was the guy from mortal kombat

Thanks thats where hes from :)
  • cosmicsistar likes this

#15 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,045 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 April 2018 - 11:53 PM

winter hasnt let go here yet as summer comes its gonna be nice to watch netflix when I wanna watch instead of sitting inside when you wanna go out just to watch a show ;) .......getting into a netflix series binge is great for long winter nights ok days someties too
  • onediadem and Microbe like this

#16 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,437 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 April 2018 - 09:17 AM

Being captivated by Netflix series such as Narcos...

Just don't let it fool you into thinking it's historically thorough...
  • CatsAndBats likes this

#17 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 11,365 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 April 2018 - 12:25 PM

^^^ this guy.  :tongue: I bet you're a blast at parties.

giphy.gif

LEGION!

• August West likes this

#18 Microbe

Microbe

civis scientiam

• OG VIP
  • 4,351 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 April 2018 - 01:50 PM

Oh i dont. Im a semi-history buff when it comes to organized crime from mafia to gangs to cartels. Just as any movie or show.....it is either exaggerated to.even fictitious for entertainment purposes while layering in actual events, people, places and things. I believe it even states that and the beginning of the episode. One thing certain Pablo Escobar was a powerful man, a excellent business man, and a very violent man. I dont want to get into a debate in this thread but many would not believe just how big of accomplices our DEA and CIA were. Im talking brokering deals, supplying safe trade routes, supplying weapons, to murder. Anyway im curious to see how they are going to tell the story about Mexican Cartles.

#19 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,437 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 April 2018 - 12:47 AM

^^^ this guy.  :tongue: I bet you're a blast at parties.

I've been told that parties sink or swim based on my mood ;)
  • CatsAndBats likes this

#20 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 14,868 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 April 2018 - 01:23 AM

OMG, you have to watch Santa Clarita Diet. It is cracking me up. If you like Drew Barrymore, you will dig it.

• CatsAndBats likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!