4 replies to this topic

#1 Josh14

Josh14

Mycophiliac

• Myco Newb
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 07:27 PM

Hi all,

New here and wondering if ppl could assist with a question. On fruiting stage with a grow your own kit and noticed some mycelium had a greenish tinge. I researched and think it is early onset of trichoderma and removed the affected area, but I am wondering if the entire kit will likely be impacted?  First time growing, just wondering if it will likely affect the whole monotray or could I get lucky?  Thanks.

#2 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 4,382 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 April 2018 - 08:07 PM

Mycelium sometimes will blue which is often mistaken as greenish. It may have been that or you may have Trich, it’s really hard to say for sure with a general description. Pics would be helpful to diagnose. Trich will often be a brighter white than the rest of the mycelium before it turns green. Also if it’s is Trich it is possible to still get mushrooms, just not a well as if you didn’t get infected. You also risk further contaminating your grow area with Trich spores as some will say.
  • Sidestreet, dial8, Juthro and 1 other like this

#3 Spooner

Spooner

Horney Toad

• Black VIP
  • 2,736 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 April 2018 - 08:50 PM

You could get lucky, lets hope for the best.and keep us posted.

Personally I have never been lucky I found trich about as much fun as kudzu.

Coorsmikey laid it out pretty well, and we will be hoping the best for your first grow.

If problems overtake you, just consider it your tuition cost and come here to help you improve your odds on your next attempt.

Edited by Spooner, 19 April 2018 - 08:51 PM.

• dial8, coorsmikey and Juthro like this

#4 Terrrrapin

Terrrrapin

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 11:00 PM

Clean and Clean again! If its the mean green, get it out of the way. Make up some more Jars and try your best to be as sterile as possible!!!!

Good luck!

Terrrrapin

• dial8 and Juthro like this

#5 dial8

dial8

3 Fungi Mod

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,415 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:53 AM

Ditto to coors and spooner