Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

The Cannabis Nuns. This is fucking cool!

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 3,561 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 April 2018 - 08:54 PM

Now this is cool...

[Direct Link]

• onediadem, TVCasualty, Alder Logs and 2 others like this

#2 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 14,411 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 April 2018 - 11:55 PM

I heard about this awhile back, it is awesome!

• Spooner and SteampunkScientist like this

#3 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 12,763 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 April 2018 - 11:55 PM

Did you notice the run time on that vid?

On edit: Ha ha, I just noticed today's date!

Edited by Alder Logs, 20 April 2018 - 11:57 PM.

• Myc, Spooner and SteampunkScientist like this

#4 Spooner

Spooner

Horney Toad

• Black VIP
  • 2,752 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 April 2018 - 03:28 AM

Had not noticed the run time, that took some planning.  Thanks for heads up.

Do not understand a nun not believing in religion but they are doing interesting work.

Very cool.

Edited by Spooner, 21 April 2018 - 03:29 AM.

• SteampunkScientist likes this

#5 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 6,315 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 April 2018 - 08:35 AM

Had not noticed the run time, that took some planning.  Thanks for heads up.

Do not understand a nun not believing in religion but they are doing interesting work.

Very cool.

I instantly understood. 

These ladies are acting as servants - assistants. Religion and politics no longer reflect these values. I'm glad they've made the distinction that they do not serve religion and I especially enjoyed the opinion that (loosely) - religion has been among the most destructive forces on the planet to date. 

I suppose costumes and labels can help us with our personal validation and investment into a construct. Otherwise, I see no point in identifying with being a "nun" (or a "some", or anything else for that matter). 

• Spooner, wharfrat and SteampunkScientist like this

#6 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 3,561 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 April 2018 - 08:59 AM

Costumes, Rituals, Play acting - these are all forms that help put our consciousness into the "right" place to do whatever it is we want to do.  When you read some magickal grimore that says wear a saffron robe whilst chanting the 18 minras, in front of the alter with much smoke of insense - well, that is all to put you in the proper perspective and mood for the magical action.

Obviously if you get good at this, you can just go into that "place" without all of the trappings - they are merely tools... Tools made out of illusion, to cast an illusion for us to use like a lens to, perhaps, catch a fleeting glimpse of the truth,

But then some nit picker with a pole up his (or her) ass has to write it all down in some "book" - and then some power hungry person turns the book in a "Holy object" (with them as the priest class of course), and now we can start fighting wars and killing people for not wearing the correct color robe on Tuesdays...

Yeah.

Edited by SteampunkScientist, 21 April 2018 - 09:00 AM.

• Myc, illigitimateJester and wharfrat like this

#7 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 12,763 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 April 2018 - 09:02 AM

There could be problems if it caught on. If it did become a religion, think of all the girls growing up and becoming like these nuns.   There wouldn't be much left for the boys except to be marijuana monks. 

Edited by Alder Logs, 21 April 2018 - 09:03 AM.

• Myc, Spooner and SteampunkScientist like this

#8 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 3,561 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 April 2018 - 06:10 PM

Ah, but when the monks and nuns get together... What a party!

• Alder Logs, Juthro and Spooner like this

#9 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 6,733 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 April 2018 - 06:29 PM

Ah, but when the monks and nuns get together... What a party!

Attached Thumbnails

• nun.jpg

• Spooner, wharfrat and SteampunkScientist like this

#10 illigitimateJester

illigitimateJester

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 352 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 10:28 AM

kind of off topic, but being in a dispensary, I hear a lot of politics about liberal and conservative values, blah blah blah.....I would like to say that without liberals, conservatives wouldn't make money....at least in the MJ industry.

As far as I can tell, it's the "conservatives" that are  growing most marijuana, and it's the "liberals" who are consuming most of it. i.e. California. NorCal is seriously conservative, when I was there, they were wanting to secede from the rest of Cali. And NorCal grows the most marijuana in, quite possibly, the world. 

SoCal is not known for cultivation, but they smoke the hell out of some herbs down there. And we all know how "liberal" SoCal is....

#11 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 10,841 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 April 2018 - 11:22 AM

Someone probably did this as a joke, but the Book of Genesis sure seems to suggest that's it's a-ok.

smoking for Jesus.jpg

And I bet they don't get profiled and pulled over (and searched) on the road (whether they transport any anywhere or not). Makes me wonder if I could pull off wearing a nun's habit when I'm on a road trip, though any stops that do happen would probably end up going worse than they would otherwise, lol...

• Myc, Juthro, wharfrat and 1 other like this

#12 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 12,763 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 April 2018 - 11:43 AM

As far as I can tell, it's the "conservatives" that are  growing most marijuana....

[Direct Link]

• Myc likes this

#13 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 6,315 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 April 2018 - 12:13 PM

So the trick you want to watch for here in relation to the "conservatives" wading into the mj industry. 

State legislators who have personal interests in the legal mj industry are currently manipulating legislation in the following ways:

Suppression or moratorium on issuance of licenses to qualified producers. (This so they can enhance or strengthen their already existing enterprises while suppressing competition under the guise of "cautionary approach" to new legislation.)

Many top opponents to legalization efforts are beginning to "flip" or "revise" their once, deeply seated moral stances against marijuana. (After all.......'in gold we trust'.) 

• Juthro likes this

#14 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 10,841 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 April 2018 - 02:58 PM

It's going to be interesting to watch what happens when what I've started calling the "Canna-bubble" inevitably bursts.

Legalization at the National level will probably cause the price to drop exponentially as the supply expands exponentially, and most if not all of the current and under-construction legal industrial-scale grow-ops were financed based upon the artificially-inflated prices being paid at the moment. Fortunes will be lost if/when that happens, but it will also remove the growing of it from the kind of corporate control that established corporations wish to impose. So I'm all for it; pop that fucker!

The price of Cannabis is artificially inflated because of it's still-illegal status in most States (e.g., much is diverted to illegal States for riskier but higher, tax-free profits, many people who aren't growing because they live in an illegal State will start as soon as it's legal to do so, etc.). It's not particularly difficult to grow Cannabis at scale, unlike plenty of other commercially-available vegetables, fruits, ornamental plants, etc.. So when it's legal nationwide, I'd expect it's price to drop to the level of similar commercially-grown produce. Granted, the taxes levied on it will keep the price high in retail contexts (still artificially), but it won't be profitable enough to the industrial-scale growers and retailers to bother with anymore.

#15 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 12,763 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 April 2018 - 03:50 PM

No, the neoconservatives and neo-liberals will make the licenses go to their cronies, the small ops will be taken over and away.  Then, remembering the moonshiners and revenuers, we can guess what will be next.  

Thunderfuck Corner

© 2018 Alder Logs

Listen to my story

I can tell you this

about the mountain boy

who dealt illegal cannabis

The daddy grew the sticky bud

the son, he helped you cop

he stood there on his street corner

where yuppies came to shop

On the 21st of April,

twenty ought eighteen

a federal man sent word

that he had better split the scene

We've put up hidden cameras

won't be no dealin' there

the corporations want your gig

you're out of luck, longhair

Bridge:

There'll be no Thunderfuck, Thunderfuck

out there on the street

big business has the market now

street dealers must retreat

We're taking credit cards, credit cards

to serve our corp'rate greed

the fuckers who once jailed you

now will gladly sell you weed

Edited by Alder Logs, 22 April 2018 - 07:45 PM.

• TVCasualty, Myc, Juthro and 2 others like this

#16 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 3,561 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 April 2018 - 07:40 PM

Let's be careful with our words here, because words mean things...

Conservative: a person who believes in conserving things, for example, tradition, lawful behavior, freedom of expression, but usually within the confines of a religious tradition. What was once known as a Classical Liberal!

Liberal: a person who believes in freedom without a necessity of tradition or religion.

Neither of these are corporate fascists, which is what you are really talking about with regard to corporate takeover of the cannabis growing and distribution.

We need to define our terms and not accept the Goebbels-esque propaganda that these same corporate fuck-tards use to have us point at each other rather than at them.

Edited by SteampunkScientist, 22 April 2018 - 07:42 PM.

• Cuboid likes this

#17 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 12,763 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 April 2018 - 07:46 PM

What should we call Boehner? 

Hasn't it been conservatives who have been resisting us having the freedom to use a fucking plant, going all the way bad to Harry Anslinger?   When liberals opposed pot, it was called, "bipartisan."

BTW, I edited my post.

And fuck!  I knew I had Juth in the bag for a like for my song.  I thought I had you for sure too.  Fuck!

Edited by Alder Logs, 22 April 2018 - 08:05 PM.

#18 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 3,561 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 April 2018 - 08:01 PM

The word has been hijacked. Just like the word "Classical Liberal" (but of course it was just liberal).

The people you are talking about are the same ones who sought to be Kings, and noble men, or dictators, or Pope's, what have you. They want to control others, rather than be able to control themselves - which they cannot seem to do.

Then there are us who just want to live our lives as we desire. "We, the Living" to borrow a novel title.

The names are changed constantly, and on purpose to confuse us... Supposedly. I used to call myself a conservative and a conservationist. They come from the same root word: conserve, or "to use wisely".

I also called myself a liberal, because this is my life and I am the only one who ought to decide what is done with it! And if I want to use a plant, or have sex with someone, or paint my house purple with yellow pokadots...I will.

I am neither, none of us are. These are pigeonholes, these words... manipulated definitions. But if we fail to recognize this, we end up fighting each other, rather then the real enemy.

Edited by SteampunkScientist, 22 April 2018 - 08:02 PM.

• Cuboid likes this

#19 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 12,763 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 April 2018 - 08:08 PM

You don't like my song.   Bummed.  sniff

• Myc and SteampunkScientist like this

#20 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 6,733 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 April 2018 - 12:08 AM

I knew I had Juth in the bag for a like for my song.  I thought I had you for sure too.  Fuck!

I should warn you that the name 'Thunderfuck' is a registered Alaskan Trademark. And your unauthorized use of it has our lawyers reviewing the matter.
They will be in touch......

But the song is great :)
  • Myc, Alder Logs and SteampunkScientist like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!