Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 6,357 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 April 2018 - 06:20 PM

post-126525-0-77106300-1524352404.jpg

Sunday, April 22 is Earth day.

Once the peoples of Earth considered themselves the stewards and caretakers of the Earth, and gave thanks everyday for the gifts she provided. It was common sense to care for and revere that which provided all your needs. 

Times seem to have changed..........................

Thankfully there are still those that love and care for this living entity, and express gratitude.

Earth day is but one day a year, not enough, but at least one day when many take a moment to appreciate and give something back.

Every day is Earth Day to me. I hope you all take some time to celebrate the living veneer on this beautiful blue sphere, the cradle of our existence tomorrow.

Enjoy the company of some trees, give offerings of seed to the flying inhabitants that bless us with song and beauty, plant something and place your hands in the dirt, remembering it is the life source of all on this tiny speck in a unfathomable sea.

Blessed be the children of the Earth, and revered be the "dirtmakers", who enrich and feed the Mother who sustains us all, even when we forget that...............

Forests ahd Entities

Ancient Oak.jpg   Deep Forest.jpg

Forest.jpg   old-growth-tree..jpg

Earths Oldest Tree, Bristlecone Pine, estimated to be 4,800 years old

post-126525-0-74593500-1524352438.jpg

Give something back

post-126525-0-22002800-1524352421.jpg

She is a rare and Precious jewel, remember this everyday ............

post-126525-0-70027500-1524352485.jpg

Earth Day sphere.jpg

earth oldest tree.jpg

Earth Gift.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• Sunrise.jpg

Edited by Skywatcher, 21 April 2018 - 06:26 PM.

• onediadem, coorsmikey, Alder Logs and 3 others like this

#2 Spooner

Spooner

Horney Toad

• Black VIP
  • 2,752 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 April 2018 - 06:59 PM

Take your stand on earth, it is your most solid choice.

Edited by Spooner, 21 April 2018 - 07:04 PM.

• Skywatcher, Juthro and Rangley like this

#3 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 12,773 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 April 2018 - 11:03 PM

The first picture in my first gallery album -- old fart standing by older tree -- just across the valley from here.

It's 22 feet around at chest high on the upslope side.

gallery_131808_1351_5982.jpg

I am sad to report that it looks like this tree is dying.  The needles are noticeably discolored this year.  I am guessing, Douglas fir beetle.

Edited by Alder Logs, 21 April 2018 - 11:07 PM.

• Skywatcher, Spooner and Rangley like this

#4 Rangley

Rangley

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 239 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 01:05 PM

My few spiritual experiences with fungi have opened up a side of my soul I never knew I had. A connection to a family that I am sorrounded by everyday. The Earth, and all the living organisms that occupy it. We have more in common with the organisms around us than most people think. Down to the DNA we are all built of the same star dust. Of the same molecules, and atoms. Within the past year I have drastically changed my life, and will be a steward of the land as long my hands can work the dirt around me. I saved three white oak seedlings at the beginning of this year, and just transferred them to pots yesterday. Within this summer they will find themselves into the ground. The first time I ran my fingers through the dirt a year ago I felt like a child again, yet like a more intelligent being. I finally understood what life, and a consciousness meant. To give something greater to the next generation, and to provide a better world for our species to evolve and thrive. I’m now growing more things than I can count, and trying to slowly persuade all those around that this answers our biggest question. What are we here for?

Edited by Rangley, 05 May 2018 - 01:09 PM.

• Skywatcher and Alder Logs like this

#5 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 12,773 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 May 2018 - 09:24 PM

The Man Who Planted Trees

[Direct Link]

• Skywatcher likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!