#1 Shadowlord

Shadowlord

Shadowmancer.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,946 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 April 2018 - 09:35 PM

Going to be working with some nice dried Peruvian Torch chips and extracting Mescaline and salting it out as an Hcl salt.

https://mycotopia.ne...ine +extraction

link correction: https://mycotopia.net/topic/6222-mescaline-extraction-tek/

This is where I started over a decade ago when I first stumbled across this site and started hanging out here.

Read this tek (and the DMT ones) over and over until they made sense and then had the browser open and on this page as I went through the steps, one by one, and had accomplished the goal of extracting mescaline.

I started out with 250g of powdered chips in one jug but forgot how thick and snotty cactus material becomes and had to split it into 2 jugs to make the solution thin enough for the xylene to want to separate out, but I'm getting a little ahead of myself here.....

First I will show the pictures of all the materials I am using etc and then I will give the play by play as I work on things..

First we have the chips and the awesome blender that does all the hard work and my favorite piece, my separtatory funnel, purchased from a hobby/science store that sadly isn't there anymore and was an amazing place to help me get my career as am extractor going :)

post-105786-0-26039000-1524536525.jpg post-105786-0-36294400-1524536547.jpg

Next up is my ring stand for the Sep.Funnel and my goggles, dust mask (get some dried cactus up your nose.... worse than MHRB dust, if you can believe that!) , and the HCl acid that I will be using to salt the mescaline out.

post-105786-0-28627300-1524536570.jpg post-105786-0-63657800-1524536669.jpg

Lastly we have the chips b4 and after grinding, the lye we'll be using and the xylene required to extract with.

post-105786-0-06834700-1524536720.jpg post-105786-0-46473300-1524537267.jpg

Edited by coorsmikey, 24 April 2018 - 03:27 PM.
found the actual Tek from Waylitjim, I think.

• Coopdog, Skywatcher, Spooner and 5 others like this

#2 Shadowlord

Shadowlord

Shadowmancer.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,946 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 April 2018 - 09:59 PM

First thing is to make the lye solution to break down the solids and release the mescaline base.

I take my vessel, make sure to use HDPE 2 or glass, the nice thing about the plastic is you don't have to worry about it shattering.

I've yet to have plastic give way on me as of yet, fingers crossed. I use jugs that used to have window washer fluid in them.

I've even used milk jugs for this kind of thing and they've held up fine but please don't do that, I was in a jam and it worked but I wouldn't have done so otherwise.

Just make sure they are HDPE2.

You don't want your vessel to melt or end up in your product.

I usually use 1:1 ratio on the lye to grams you are extracting from. I used about 300g lye for my 250g of cactus, I add a little extra for luck.

Probably more lye than necessary, you only need to get the solution to pH 12-13 but you can't make it too strong and better safe than sorry.

I find I have less emulsion problems when the pH is high.

I have the vessel mostly full of water, then add the lye. I also keep a bucket of cold water to put the vessel in as all that lye dissolving creates a lot of heat. Having the cold water bath makes things easier.

Once you have your lye solution made up, you can add the cactus powder and mix it up. I mix it and shake it up for a while and usually let it sit til the next day or so, although you can just go to work right a way if one is anxious to get finished.

Add 25-50ml of xylene to your jugs.

I usually fill my jugs up almost full with lye solution and cactus powder so that there is just enough room for the xylene so that one doesn't need a super long eye dropper to get the xylene back out.

Long eye droppers are great as one can be really good at getting all of one's solvent back without picking up the sludge.

Tumble, do not shake, your vessels. Violent shaking can cause emulsions that can be a PITA to deal with, so slow gentle tumbling will mix up your solution/solvent mixture.

Do this multiple times,, letting it separate and then re tumble. This will give the solvent a chance to pick up the mescaline.

I do this then collect the solvent using the eye dropper.

I will collect this for salting while adding more solvent to the jugs. I could salt the solvent and add back to the jug but that would slow me down. Instead I salt the solvent while the new solvent is collecting more mescaline.

I will collect the new solvent for salting and put the exhausted solvent back into the jugs and keep repeating the process until I am not seeing any more results and have gotten all the mescaline I expect to get.

Will get into all that soon.

post-105786-0-06834700-1524536720.jpg post-105786-0-59926400-1524538767.jpg

Edited by Sidestreet, 24 April 2018 - 03:45 AM.

• Coopdog, Skywatcher, Spooner and 3 others like this

#3 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,829 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 April 2018 - 10:18 PM

Buy yourself a little insurance policy and park those jugs inside 5 gallon HDPE buckets. Heaven forbid the milk jug fails you'll have a dam to catch the flood of base.

All about the base...............................   :)

Good to see an extraction thread again. Seems the kids aren't interested. Silly rabbits.

Love the idea of filling the milk jugs to the rim. That's a nice and smart refinement. Keeps the hard work to a minimum!

This time of year when we have some sunlight for a change it couldn't hurt to put the jugs in the sun to get nice and warm.

Speaking of which, I hope the girls will be doing a BNL  :)

Jugs in the Sun rolls off the tongue like Rock and Roll

Damn, I'm talking myself into several trips at the beach this summer!

Edited by pharmer, 23 April 2018 - 10:25 PM.

• coorsmikey, Shadowlord, Coopdog and 2 others like this

#4 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,386 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 April 2018 - 11:02 PM

nice write up. can't wait to see your results

• Shadowlord and Coopdog like this

#5 Shadowlord

Shadowlord

Shadowmancer.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,946 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 April 2018 - 01:20 AM

Buy yourself a little insurance policy and park those jugs inside 5 gallon HDPE buckets. Heaven forbid the milk jug fails you'll have a dam to catch the flood of base.

All about the base...............................   :)

Good to see an extraction thread again. Seems the kids aren't interested. Silly rabbits.

Love the idea of filling the milk jugs to the rim. That's a nice and smart refinement. Keeps the hard work to a minimum!

This time of year when we have some sunlight for a change it couldn't hurt to put the jugs in the sun to get nice and warm.

Speaking of which, I hope the girls will be doing a BNL  :)

Jugs in the Sun rolls off the tongue like Rock and Roll

Damn, I'm talking myself into several trips at the beach this summer!

Oh you know I've got those in a tub, I've just been leery of glass after having a jar crack and leak all over the tile lol.
And the milk jug was a short term storage dealie though I have to say they came thru better than I thought.

Not interested in extractions!?
I fell in love with this place because I could learn how to extract all these things I thought I'd never see much less get to do.

Thanks for stopping by guys, wish me a good run.
Always good to see you Pharmer, Wharfrat.
  • Coopdog, HrVanker, Spooner and 2 others like this

#6 Spooner

Spooner

Horney Toad

• Black VIP
  • 2,752 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 April 2018 - 01:52 AM

Cops are your friends.

Cactus are your friends.

• Shadowlord and Heirloom like this

#7 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

May your tracks be lost...

• App Administrator
  • 8,477 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 April 2018 - 03:49 AM

Hey Shadow, great to see you posting.  :)  I hope you don't mind, I stood your pictures up straight.  I think the board rotates them automatically when they're big, so I resized them to be smaller.

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing yer results!

• Shadowlord and wharfrat like this

#8 Shadowlord

Shadowlord

Shadowmancer.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,946 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 April 2018 - 02:49 PM

Hey Shadow, great to see you posting. :) I hope you don't mind, I stood your pictures up straight. I think the board rotates them automatically when they're big, so I resized them to be smaller.

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing yer results!

Thanks Sidestreet. I noticed that they were sideways but wasn't sure if it was something I could change/edit or not.
Been a while since I had anything worth posting about and still had mod abilities back then as well.

Looks a lot better right side up.
I have a good feeling about things, all going well and I've used these chips before so I'm not worried about quality.

Cops are your friends.
Cactus are your friends.

And cacti are our friends and ACAB. XD

Edited by Shadowlord, 24 April 2018 - 02:50 PM.

• skunk likes this

#9 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,114 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 April 2018 - 06:12 PM

I have never had the heart to chop up my cactus that I have spent so many years growing other than to save a wounded one or to propagate more. I love the feeling though of being surround by medicine if I were to need it. But just reading this topic and the rabbit hole that lead from here has me aching to do an extraction. I am am definitely more fascinated with the extraction than consuming. I just might have to break down and sacrifice a cacti for the sake of science and learning. I don’t think I have in me for an experience that lasts as long as Mescaline does but know other that do. I think just seeing others having a good experience from something I grew and extracted would give me great satisfaction.

Thanks for Sharing Shadow! Here is a lil something I enjoyed while roaming in the rabbit hole that definitely bring back good memories along with Waylits Tek. https://mycotopia.ne...ction-thoughts/

and speaking of, I added what I believe to the actual Waylitjim Tek to the OP, the one there was just titled as such but was just questions about it.

Edited by coorsmikey, 24 April 2018 - 09:01 PM.

• Shadowlord and Coopdog like this

#10 Shadowlord

Shadowlord

Shadowmancer.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,946 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 April 2018 - 09:07 PM

Waylit is awesome.
Also, read anything by Tregar.... He's forgotten more than I've ever known about extractions and refinement and experimentation with mescaline.

And you found my old extraction thread!
I'm working with the same chips, from the same vendor.
I have been getting lots of memories from my early days here, doing these extractions again.

Edited by Shadowlord, 24 April 2018 - 09:10 PM.

• roc, coorsmikey and skunk like this

#11 Cigarsam

Cigarsam

Traveller

• Free Member
  • 911 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 10:05 AM

Shadowlord, Many thanks for pointing us in the right direction for this extraction.
My man!

Edited by Cigarsam, 02 May 2018 - 10:19 AM.

• Shadowlord likes this

#12 Shadowlord

Shadowlord

Shadowmancer.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,946 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 May 2018 - 04:15 PM

Shadowlord, Many thanks for pointing us in the right direction for this extraction.
My man!

Glad it was of service.
One of the things I promised my self after I learned these things here, that I would pass the knowledge forward and help others to get to experience what I was able to with the help of this site and the awesome people that make it up.
  • Sidestreet, coorsmikey, Coopdog and 1 other like this

#13 Shadowlord

Shadowlord

Shadowmancer.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,946 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 May 2018 - 04:19 PM

Got delayed with real life a bit so I still have a ways to go, but here's a pic of some of what is coming.
This is what has started to appear as the water containing the Mescaline is evaporating.
I am about half way done, so these crystals will get dissolved under more Mescaline water.
It's HCl salt so it's not sexy like DMT crystals.
Tho I will try using sulphurix acid next time. Makes some pretty translucent black needles.

20180501_185835.jpg 20180501_185825.jpg
  • Fresh Brewed, Coopdog, Phineas_Carmichael and 3 others like this

#14 roc

roc

Forum International Moderator

• 7,843 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 May 2018 - 09:08 PM

Our old friend is still around and can be found at http://www.ikarosdna.com/ for those wanting to experiment.

The incense is still the best out there.

Icaro still has a link to 'topia from back in the day...

Edited by roc, 03 May 2018 - 09:24 PM.

• Shadowlord, Phineas_Carmichael and skunk like this

#15 Phineas_Carmichael

Phineas_Carmichael

Hooloovoo

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,943 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 04:44 AM

Got delayed with real life a bit so I still have a ways to go, but here's a pic of some of what is coming.
This is what has started to appear as the water containing the Mescaline is evaporating.
I am about half way done, so these crystals will get dissolved under more Mescaline water.
Tho I will try using sulphurix acid next time. Makes some pretty translucent black needles.

attachicon.gif20180501_185835.jpgattachicon.gif20180501_185825.jpg

Looking good!

The HCl never seems to make pretty needles, but that doesn't really matter, the white sand is just as good!

If you do go with the sulphate salts next time, I have a couple things to mention:

1)  The sulphate salt has a higher molecular weight than the HCl, so your dosage will need to be higher.  1g of the HCl is equivalent to about 1.25g of the sulphate, mathematically speaking...

2)  HCl wants to be a gas at standard temperature & pressure and as such evaporates much more readily than H2SO4.  Recommend that you measure pH and titrate carefully if you're trying for sulphate salts.

• roc, Shadowlord, Coopdog and 1 other like this

#16 Shadowlord

Shadowlord

Shadowmancer.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,946 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 May 2018 - 07:31 PM

Our old friend is still around and can be found at http://www.ikarosdna.com/ for those wanting to experiment.
The incense is still the best out there.

Icaro still has a link to 'topia from back in the day...

Tho I will try using sulphurix acid next time. Makes some pretty translucent black needles.attachicon.gif20180501_185835.jpgattachicon.gif20180501_185825.jpg

Looking good!

The HCl never seems to make pretty needles, but that doesn't really matter, the white sand is just as good!

If you do go with the sulphate salts next time, I have a couple things to mention:

1) The sulphate salt has a higher molecular weight than the HCl, so your dosage will need to be higher. 1g of the HCl is equivalent to about 1.25g of the sulphate, mathematically speaking...

2) HCl wants to be a gas at standard temperature & pressure and as such evaporates much more readily than H2SO4. Recommend that you measure pH and titrate carefully if you're trying for sulphate salts.
Those are the chips :)
I was happy to see he was still up and running.
The HCl is coming out nicely, same results as previously.
Thanks for the advice, especially as I have always treated, haven't done the gassing route as of yet.
Will have to do some further reading, but have always thought that the sulphuric crystals were pretty.

Edited by Shadowlord, 05 May 2018 - 07:34 PM.

• roc and Coopdog like this

#17 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,829 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 May 2018 - 08:00 PM

be prepared to be surprised by the size of the "crystals" from gassing. they are tiny. tiny as in you'll probably have to find some finer filters than you're used to using to be sure to get your "crystals" away from the mother liquid.

one hears that gassing is the way to go get it all out and even better nice and clean - no tan stuff comes over with it

• roc, Shadowlord and skunk like this

#18 roc

roc

Forum International Moderator

• 7,843 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 May 2018 - 05:47 AM

be prepared to be surprised by the size of the "crystals" from gassing. they are tiny. tiny as in you'll probably have to find some finer filters than you're used to using to be sure to get your "crystals" away from the mother liquid.

one hears that gassing is the way to go get it all out and even better nice and clean - no tan stuff comes over with it

Off topic...

You see them and I hear them pharmer

deadpeople

Edited by roc, 06 May 2018 - 05:48 AM.

• Shadowlord likes this

#19 Shadowlord

Shadowlord

Shadowmancer.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,946 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 March 2019 - 06:30 PM

Well, certainly didn't intend to be away this long.

Lots of little brush fires that eat up our lives, hahahaha

Since I last posted here, I had gotten a nice little pile of white fluffy mescaline HCl. That was off the first pulls I had salted.

When I went to salt the next pulls I found that I must have inadvertently made the solution too strong. Read in the correct range on the pH strip but obviously too concentrated as, when the water was evaporated I got a bunch of black sanchez.

Very dirty looking.

Hadn't had any time to play with much of anyting so it has more or less been sitting there mocking me lol.

Will put it all back into the jugs and try again rather than try and clean it up.

Will be nice to have a nice mescaline experience again. All the trip of LSD with a MDMA body glow and feel great the next day.

Will try and pop a couple pictures up of what I have and how it turns out.

Positive thoughts all!

#20 mushit

mushit

Shit Lover

• OG VIP
  • 2,138 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 March 2019 - 07:38 PM

Man, I wish I was here when you posted this Shadowlord.

I have some Peruvian torch that were grown from pups that Raziel sent to me years ago.

The two that are left are 3 ft high now.  I am on the 45th parallel.  Mixed forest is more prevalent!

I have chopped one down last year and I will be trying this method.

Thanks.

• Shadowlord likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!