#21 Shadowlord

Shadowlord

Shadowmancer.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,946 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 March 2019 - 10:36 PM

This method works great as all the many who've gone before me can attest to.

Normally this is an extraction I'm pretty good at but I screwed up halfway through.
First titration gave me a small pile of nice white mesc HCl.
Had to put things on pause for a while and then csme back and i could have sworn i had added ther same amount of HCl to my water and did my usual titration only to end up with really dark, black sanchez.
I'd read about it, heard of others having this result, but was the first time I had it happen.

Will take pics for all to see my epic fail

Worst part is i had to dispose of the jugs of material so i can only see if acetone will clean it up to the point of being usable.

Luckily I have more chips but they're expensive and I hate to waste good sacrament.
  • Coopdog and Mainemescal like this

#22 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,600 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 March 2019 - 03:37 AM

Damn nice to see you here brother! (Big hug for ya) This is one ofd the best and easiest to understand extraction threads I have ever seen. So damn good to see you back man. I miss you like air man. Sorry to have been absent for so long, and amazed time flies like it does. Hope all is well with you and yours brother. 

• Shadowlord likes this

#23 Shadowlord

Shadowlord

Shadowmancer.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,946 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 March 2019 - 12:30 AM

Coop,

You we're my first friend back when I found my first online forum, planetganja.
You gave my my first genetics to work with and hung out with me and got my grow off the ground.
I've learned a ton off of you and have been glad to be able to key you into into some great experienced ..
Im.hoping to remain friends and share in our psychedelic,knew wave stuff.

Peace; Shadowlord.
  • coorsmikey, Coopdog and skunk like this

#24 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,600 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 March 2019 - 02:03 AM

Love ya brother, very much appreciate you as well. 

Edited by Coopdog, 24 March 2019 - 02:04 AM.

• coorsmikey and Shadowlord like this

#25 twoguysupnorth

twoguysupnorth

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 09:09 AM

I came for the mushrooms and ended up getting into extractions here as well. Shadow, I read a bunch of your stuff on techniques and stuff that I never new about. Equipment to use ect. I bought some of the may nights salvia you had because of your thread. I never did anything with that in particular but it's still growing in my garden. I've only popped in a couple times over the years as well but this time I'm hanging out a little longer. Life has a way of getting in the way but I'm glad most of the old peeps and this site is still here. Good to see you.
  • Boebs likes this

#26 Shadowlord

Shadowlord

Shadowmancer.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,946 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 May 2019 - 06:28 PM

This has taken forever.
Our move was a lot more difficult and stressful than we had hoped but we survived.

Now the pics I have here are great examples of what things going right and things that went wrong look like...

20190513_162124.jpg 20190513_162145.jpg 20190513_162105.jpg
  • Cigarsam likes this

#27 roc

roc

Forum International Moderator

• 7,827 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 May 2019 - 06:35 PM

That's going to be tough to clean up!
Old brown Sanchez indeed .

• dead_diver and Shadowlord like this

#28 Shadowlord

Shadowlord

Shadowmancer.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,946 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 May 2019 - 06:37 PM

Crap, forgot I can't edit my own posts anymore.

The above were salted out using HCl just like every other time I've run this extraction.
I titrate rather than make a gasser gasser and filtering it out.

These;

I don't know what I did, or if I got distracted and double added the acid, who knows that is the black gunk I've heard of but hadn't experienced.
Here's the results of some from the same extraction but salted earlier that week.....20190423_145802.jpg 20190423_145813.jpg

This is what I normally get for my efforts.

I'll be able to reclaim the black.
I know it's taken forever to finish the thread but I'm actually glad to have an error to show to illustrate the fix and to remind that mistakes happen and aren't the end of the world
  • Cigarsam and Furthur1 like this

#29 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,829 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 May 2019 - 09:44 PM

looks like it got burned by too much acid

I've also had tannish looking stuff turn a very murky dark color just by sitting in a pyrex casserole dish for months. I assumed light got at it and moisture penetrated the previously dry crystals and " hydrated" them which allowed it to darken

ice cold acetone won't hurt it

• Shadowlord likes this

#30 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,829 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 May 2019 - 12:52 PM

could also be that you'd already extracted out all the mescaline and similar compounds and the dark stuff is just crud left in the solution

• Shadowlord and skunk like this

#31 Norman

Norman

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 804 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 01:34 PM

That looks like what led me to develop my beer bottle hcl gas generator. Which went horribly wrong in an entirely different way! Which led me to abandon all things hcl - I’ve never had good luck with the stuff for anything but cleaning toilets.
  • roc likes this

#32 Shadowlord

Shadowlord

Shadowmancer.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,946 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 May 2019 - 03:06 PM

could also be that you'd already extracted out all the mescaline and similar compounds and the dark stuff is just crud left in the solution

I'm pretty sure I just goofed when making the acid solution.
I was only a 3rd to half done, so I expected more return.
Then the move got full under weigh and didn't get finished promptly
But i figure it's good to show mistakes as well as successes otherwise new folks think they can't do it or that they have no aptitude for it when mistakes are all part of the journey.

And I wanted to put some closure to the extraction and thread
Will see what acetone can do for me and will do better next time.

Thanks for following along friends!
  • Cigarsam likes this

#33 roc

roc

Forum International Moderator

• 7,827 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 May 2019 - 05:59 PM

That looks like what led me to develop my beer bottle hcl gas generator. Which went horribly wrong in an entirely different way! Which led me to abandon all things hcl - I’ve never had good luck with the stuff for anything but cleaning toilets.

What is your preferred method these days?

#34 Norman

Norman

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 804 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 06:12 PM

A/B, defat, pull with xylene, salt with sulfuric.
Still struggling with cactus though to be honest.
  • roc likes this

#35 Mainemescal

Mainemescal

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 03:58 PM

I am having crazy trouble with that step as well! U came out with some beautiful stuff!!! When I add my muriatic solution, and shake, it becomes cloudy, and separates to clear bottom layer, w bubbles, and yellow xylene layer...I'm not sure whether too freeze or suck it out

#36 Mainemescal

Mainemescal

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 June 2019 - 07:38 AM

Finally got some chunk brown stuff from my mescaline extraction. I used the acetone wash, and it cleared alot of gunk up, looking forward too trying!!
I wanted too ask, if I used muriatic acid, then I would be left with mescaline hcl right???

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!