• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 bottlebomber

bottlebomber

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 76 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 12:01 PM

I acquired from EBay 100 grams of high altitude wild harvested San Pedro powder “incense”. I cooked th product in water with lemon juice for about 6 hours. The powder because a mucusy ball in center of the slow cooker, and the liquid became amber. I drained this off, the flushed the pulp with fresh water several times to rinse. I boiled all the liquid down and then dehydrated the liquid. This is the result. This stuff tastes like ass, so much so that I find myself lacking in courage and questioning the source, though by every indication it seems legit product. I guess I will start small to ensure I don’t poison myself, then take a leap. I’m also nowhere clear on dosage. Fun stuff!

#2 bottlebomber

bottlebomber

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 76 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 12:03 PM

My image didn’t come through.. playing with mobile app.

Attached Thumbnails

• 2E614B40-AE18-4681-8FFF-F12EBF458BE9.jpeg

#3 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,947 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 April 2018 - 05:30 PM

That's normal. IF you have gotten all the goods out of 100 grams you have two doses for an average sized adult.

You will never make a mistake by boiling the cactus longer to get every bit of goodness out of it.

Yep, it tastes like ass or worse but that's the price of admission.

Try an allergy test before you drink a full dose. Take a few drops and rub them into some tender skin. If no rash shows up on that spot put a teaspoon of your tea between your cheek and gum for a couple minutes. If nothing weird happens to the skin inside your mouth you're not allergic and most likely good to go.

Eat some ginger when you drink the dose. It will help with the unpleasantness.

• Sidestreet, Shadowlord, Skywatcher and 4 others like this

#4 bottlebomber

bottlebomber

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 76 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 09:27 PM

Thanks a lot man! I think that’s as good an answer as I could have hoped for!
  • coorsmikey, Shadowlord, wharfrat and 1 other like this

#5 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,947 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 April 2018 - 11:29 PM

You're quite welcome.

It's one of a handful of things I know well :)   You're free to ask about making love to supermodels too.

I just re-read the OP. If you still have the dregs from the first boil you should boil them twice more to be sure of getting the goods. Three 3 hour boils are considered the classic formula.

I've done them in a slow cooker but find them underpowered. A simmer is good but a good boil is better. Cactus is hard to break down. Some agitation and more heat helps. It tolerates an improbably high heat without damaging what we're after. Just be cautious and observant when reducing it down to the last couple ounces. Syrup is bad enough. Scorched syrup is like dead donkey ass.

Also consider hydrating and freezing the dregs before boiling. Freeze and thaw cycling busts the cell walls up real good and does much to reduce boiling time and get the goods.

Dammit, I have to go now. The second phone I keep for supermodels is ringing....

Edited by pharmer, 24 April 2018 - 11:37 PM.

• roc, Sidestreet, Shadowlord and 4 others like this

#6 Shadowlord

Shadowlord

Shadowmancer.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,996 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 April 2018 - 03:26 PM

Pharmer gives good advice and is very knowledgeable.
And I concur with everything he's told you.
As long as the material sourced is quality, you should be cleared for take off.
I've always found Mescaline to be a very comfortable experience and gives great visual effects and excellent insights.
I've always thought it was like tripping from the heart rather than from the head with LSD

Hope you have an excellent journey.
  • Skywatcher, wharfrat, Cigarsam and 1 other like this

#7 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,947 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 April 2018 - 05:11 PM

Too bad Norman isn't around. I learned the first 95% of what I know from him.

We should name one of the Topia Executive Washrooms after him.

Speaking of the price of admission, BottleBomber, trip reports are considered good form (nudge, nudge, wink, wink)

Edited by pharmer, 25 April 2018 - 05:16 PM.

• roc, coorsmikey, Shadowlord and 2 others like this

#8 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,506 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 April 2018 - 08:21 PM

Consider it Done! We’ll name the one next to the one called Pharmer, Norman!

Edited by coorsmikey, 25 April 2018 - 08:27 PM.

• Shadowlord, Juthro and bottlebomber like this

#9 bottlebomber

bottlebomber

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 76 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 08:23 PM

You're quite welcome.

It's one of a handful of things I know well :)   You're free to ask about making love to supermodels too.

Making love to them is easy let me know how you get rid of them!

I just re-read the OP. If you still have the dregs from the first boil you should boil them twice more to be sure of getting the goods. Three 3 hour boils are considered the classic formula.

I've done them in a slow cooker but find them underpowered. A simmer is good but a good boil is better. Cactus is hard to break down. Some agitation and more heat helps. It tolerates an improbably high heat without damaging what we're after. Just be cautious and observant when reducing it down to the last couple ounces. Syrup is bad enough. Scorched syrup is like dead donkey ass.

Because of the low heat you mentioned we came quite close to but not quite at dead donkey ass. You answered one of my concerns as far as heat. My only extraction experience is with cannabis, so I was cautious about heat. May I have destroyed the mescaline by overheating? It wasn’t quite burnt just dried. I’m thinkkg if I put it in capsules I can get past the taste.

Also consider hydrating and freezing the dregs before boiling. Freeze and thaw cycling busts the cell walls up real good and does much to reduce boiling time and get the goods.

I already chucked the dregs, but due to this being a pulverized dehydrated product I think it gave its goods pretty readily.
I did flush off the pulp several times with fresh water then skimmed this off to join the boiling pot

Dammit, I have to go now. The second phone I keep for supermodels is ringing....

See you can’t get rid of them!
  • coorsmikey and Shadowlord like this

#10 bottlebomber

bottlebomber

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 76 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 08:32 PM

Pharmer gives good advice and is very knowledgeable.
And I concur with everything he's told you.
As long as the material sourced is quality, you should be cleared for take off.
I've always found Mescaline to be a very comfortable experience and gives great visual effects and excellent insights.
I've always thought it was like tripping from the heart rather than from the head with LSD
Hope you have an excellent journey.

thanks a lot brother! That’s part of what I hear and am looking forward to. I have extensive experiences with LSD and mushrooms but these substances both have an edge of anxiety that I’m hoping will be absent with mescaline. I’m alsk in a much better place in life than I was when last using psychedelics.

Speaking of the price of admission, BottleBomber, trip reports are considered good form (nudge, nudge, wink, wink)

I’ll keep you posted! It’s been over 10 years since my last trip, and I hope to get a lot more out of it!
  • Shadowlord and adrian118 like this

#11 Cigarsam

Cigarsam

Traveller

• Free Member
  • 911 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 10:01 AM

Hey, just getting to reading this post and this sounds like an interesting project!
Keep us informed on the journey.
This is an adventure many of might like to try soon.
  • Shadowlord likes this

#12 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,947 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 May 2018 - 10:10 AM

On the topic of heat

Maybe one of the real chemists can tell us the destruct temperature of mescaline?   IIRC it's a fairly high number - 400ish either Fahrenheit or Celcius

Knowing this we could use a candy thermometer to monitor the temp of the syrup all the way through the evap - learned this making my own maple syrup this spring

you can do much to reduce time-on-heat by blowing a fan across the top of the evaporation pan

Edited by pharmer, 02 May 2018 - 10:13 AM.

• Shadowlord likes this

#13 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,947 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 May 2018 - 10:14 AM

Consider it Done! We’ll name the one next to the one called Pharmer, Norman!

Oh no. Norman first. He's the man. I'm the acolyte

I knew him reasonably well via pm's and emails. A completely self taught extractor

Edited by pharmer, 02 May 2018 - 10:16 AM.

• Phineas_Carmichael likes this

#14 Phineas_Carmichael

Phineas_Carmichael

Hooloovoo

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,947 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 04:26 AM

On the topic of heat

Maybe one of the real chemists can tell us the destruct temperature of mescaline?   IIRC it's a fairly high number - 400ish either Fahrenheit or Celcius

Knowing this we could use a candy thermometer to monitor the temp of the syrup all the way through the evap - learned this making my own maple syrup this spring

you can do much to reduce time-on-heat by blowing a fan across the top of the evaporation pan

Freebase mescaline has a melting point around 35-36*C (~95*F) according to Merck.

Mescaline HCl has a melting point of 181*C, and mescaline sulfate dihydrate melts at 183-186*C according to Merck.  The general rule is that salts have a much higher melting points than freebases.

The mescaline in this extraction is mescaline citrate (from the citric acid in the lemon juice), and I cannot find data on the citrate's melting point, but I would be willing to wager that it is near the MP of Merck's documented salts.

180*C~~355*F

Tough to damage a mescaline salt in an aqueous solution, especially since melting points are not necessarily the degradation temperatures.  It's the *boiling* point that we really need to look out for.  The biggest thing to worry about in reducing a cactus extraction like this one is that we don't "scorch" it on the bottom of the pot towards the end of the reduction.  Low and slow with constant stirring is the way to go.  Remember our friend the tortoise, "slow and steady wins the race."

Edited by Phineas_Carmichael, 05 May 2018 - 04:27 AM.

• Sidestreet, Skywatcher and Cigarsam like this

#15 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,947 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 May 2018 - 07:15 AM

Now I've embarrassed myself.

No flattering comments about skilled and knowledgeable extractors could be complete without mentioning Phineas. 

He's the Dean of the Mycotopia College of Chemistry

• Skywatcher and Pipeline like this

#16 Phineas_Carmichael

Phineas_Carmichael

Hooloovoo

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,947 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 04:48 AM

Hey!

Shush!

Stop with your flattery!

;)

I can't be the dean!!  

If anything, I am the doggo that followed Hippie3 into class and sat down to listen to all the greats with him.

As long as we're name-dropping, Norman, Frequency, Whatchamacallit, Waylitjim, kcmoxtractor, defiance, phlux, Mr_Kush, myc, and dead_head_jed (among many many others) sat in the same class with me and made me who I am.

I stand on the shoulders of giants just like everyone else.

Edited by Phineas_Carmichael, 06 May 2018 - 05:03 AM.

• coorsmikey, Coopdog and Trippy_Toes like this

#17 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,947 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 May 2018 - 11:28 AM

yessir, there is a long and rich backstory here

• Fresh Brewed likes this

#18 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,947 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 May 2018 - 04:43 AM

_DSC8858.JPG _DSC8857.JPG

• Sidestreet, coorsmikey, Skywatcher and 3 others like this

#19 Norman

Norman

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 818 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 04:59 PM

Jesus Christ you guys I was wondering why my Big Fucking Ego light kept coming on and then I randomly logged on to this thread.
Thanks for the kind words and here’s my shout outs - Marsofold! Wolfsblood! Sepp! Jboogie! U! And who can forget Mis?
And everybody else - we’re all here to learn from each other, that’s the point of these forums - I was just shouting at some of the people who were around when I was getting started.
Okay enough nicely nice. I must be getting old. Back to business.
Just cleaned out the freezer and boiled down a bunch of stray cactus and I’m about to get after the closet that houses the ACRB and the last of Galactic Toads MHRB.
  • roc and Sidestreet like this

#20 bottlebomber

bottlebomber

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 76 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 10:42 PM

Man, I must still not have my alerts set right because I just happened to notice on new content this action on my thread ;) I still haven’t consumed this stuff, I’ve been super busy and also highly occupied with trying to grow PC. I had it in a glass casserole dish when I dehydrated it, it’s just been sitting in there ever since and it absolutely fused to the dish. Now I need to splash a little water in there to get it moving. Could I use alcohol?

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!