flc

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 11:09 AM

Greetings all

I was led to this forum when I stumbled upon this old archived thread

Clear mimosa Tea

where a Hot water tea extraction of MHRB is demonstrated, discussed and where eggs are used to clear the tea.

While I understand all the principles in performing the extraction and how and why the eggs are used to clear the tea.

My question is,

rather than using eggs to clear the tea could I simply 1st strain the bulk of the MHRB and then filter the solution using one of my hash bubblebags ?

Starting point being anything from 220, 160, 73, 45µ

Something along the lines of filtering the 1st and 2nd wash @ 220-160µ and straining the last wash before filtering it @ 220-160µ

reducing the tea to my desired volume and then maybe filtering it with either/or 73-45µ

Sound like a plan ?

:meditate:

#2 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,314 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 April 2018 - 11:36 AM

Not my cup of tea, (yes pun intended) but are you going for simple and clean? It would seem to me that if you were wanting a more pure or cleaner DMT with a few extra steps one could just do full extraction like STB then use a slightly acidic water to bring it back to a salt. The solution completely clear or at least a slight yellow hue depending on the quality of the MHRB and the process to complete the extraction.

Maybe I am missing the point as I am somewhat naive to oral consumption of extracted MHRB, but thought I would at least throw the idea out. If I were to consume DMT with an MAOI that is most likely how I would go about it.

• flc likes this

#3 flc

flc

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 12:34 PM

Thanks coors

To be clear this extraction and filtering is for an oral tea preparation to be used in conjunction with Syrian Rue 

I've extracted potent DMT from this MHRB reserve before and would like to explore oral consumption vs the vaping experience

:meditate:

#4 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,864 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 April 2018 - 06:37 AM

The egg is used to get tannins and other nasties out of the tea.

Using egg whites to clarify liquids comes from culinary arts, is time tested, and effective

It has something to do with some kinds of natural products binding to proteins

The way you do it is this:  After you've done your boils of the bark or vine you combine them and reduce them down to approximately a pint of liquid. Let the reduction cool to room temperature, this is important.

Separate the whites from the yolks of at least two eggs. Pour the whites into the reduction. Slowly, slowly, slowly raise the temperature of the reduction/whites mixture to where you see the whites congealing into what you recognize as cooked egg whites. Turn off the heat and let the pan sit until it cools.

Most of the undesirable cruds undissolved in the reduction are absorbed or bound to the egg whites which are now very conveniently filterable. A fine wire mesh filter is more than adequate to remove the cooked egg white.

This is a small investment of time in a big refinement of your tea.  You'll thank  yourself later  :)

Be awares that the tea consumption route is at least a six hour commitment as opposed to the quick up and down of vaping and you'll want to budget some time for re-entering this reality afterward. Don't plan on driving for the balance of this day.

Edited by pharmer, 27 April 2018 - 06:41 AM.

• flc likes this

#5 flc

flc

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 05:55 AM

Thanks Pharmer

As a vegan I was hoping to be able to avoid using egg whites.

The culinary practice and use of egg whites had been discussed in the OT but I hadn't realized that the eggs were also collecting the water soluble Tannin's and also therefore the astringent qualities of the tannin's.

Which makes be this could be why preparing the Tea in this manner is said to be easier on the stomach and intestines.

BeyondTheOther who posted the Clear Mimosa Tea thread (here)   used 40g mhrb to prepare x5 8g doses of MHRB tea

I'm looking forward to my 1st mhrb tea extraction.

#6 Cigarsam

Cigarsam

Traveller

• Free Member
  • 911 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 09:41 AM

Indeed...
Keep us posted on this this one.
Might be the next big thing for Mimosa Bark.

#7 Norman

Norman

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 810 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 09:19 PM

Agar agar can be used in place of egg whites.
I hope this link works:
http://m.molecularre..._referrer=#2944
  • coorsmikey and SillyCone like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!