85 replies to this topic

#41 Guy1298

Guy1298

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 767 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 June 2018 - 06:53 PM

It does seem that when I try to express it, I end up feeling that I'm wrong. Oh well. Haha. 

It's a strange event since the ego tries to interpret it as going crazy. But, it's not. Would it matter if it was going crazy? I don't think so. 

I suppose that pleasure is only known as pleasure by the "I" that is known in thought in time. Pleasure cannot even be touched by what I am, and what I am has no need of pleasure. Similar to pain. Still a shocking realization.

Knowing that that is the case, the mind tries to make it sad. But, the sadness isn't what I am either. The sadness only pertains to the "I" known in thought and time, which isn't actually real. It really is false non-existent layers of appearance over a plain and peaceful nothing. And the layers never let up. But, non-existent as they are... the plain and peaceful nothing remains as it always has been.

So it seems.

Edited by Guy1298, 23 June 2018 - 07:03 PM.

• Alder Logs likes this

#42 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 12,758 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 June 2018 - 10:23 PM

Will we ever get that Jello nailed to the wall?

#43 Guy1298

Guy1298

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 767 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 June 2018 - 04:17 PM

Don't think so.

I do think it's been made clearer in the last couple days. I get caught in thinking it will do something for me. But, actually it won't. Haha.

I realized it while an Ex-gf was yelling at me. I was feeling all that comes with that. Then, at some point in the middle of it, I realized I wasn't it. I kept playing along, but something was different. Didn't end nicely, but it didn't bother me either. Seemed perfectly fine to me. Just playing parts in this show, not us.

And it seems that "I" am not the one that loves. But, I am. That which sees the show, the truly existent, is just full of love for what isn't the case.

Edited by Guy1298, 25 June 2018 - 04:19 PM.

• Alder Logs likes this

#44 Guy1298

Guy1298

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 767 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 June 2018 - 04:26 PM

Unexplainable and nonsensical. The traveling lighter is just traveling lighter, across the show, because you aren't in it. Delusion from within, truth from without. Couldnt say if within or without is the case though.

Edited by Guy1298, 25 June 2018 - 04:29 PM.

#45 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 12,758 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 June 2018 - 06:14 PM

Mooji says repeatedly that "all problems are personal."  If there is no one taking shit personally, what's the problem?   No one taking it personally isn't going to be there to pitch shit on the ex-gf for not knowing the secret.   If there is any stake in a position, it's personal.   There a choice arises, and any choice taken is seen and will teach in awareness.   Traveling lighter is a gift that keeps on giving.

#46 Guy1298

Guy1298

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 767 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 June 2018 - 07:35 PM

Hmm, like you said no nailing Jello to a wall.

#47 Guy1298

Guy1298

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 767 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 June 2018 - 11:11 PM

Last post wasn't in reply to what you wrote. Seems that way.

This perspective has shifted around a lot lately. I imagine meeting with the ex-gf was badly timed. Maybe, just makes it more interesting.

Alder, thanks for the input and advice. I'm pretty damn convinced that Advaita Vedanta points to something real. Still tripping myself here and there, probably will do it less in the future... if there was a future!

Time for a break from journaling the experience for awhile.

Edited by Guy1298, 25 June 2018 - 11:15 PM.

#48 Guy1298

Guy1298

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 767 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 July 2018 - 12:42 PM

Here's an update. 

The seeing that I'm not this has become quite subtle lately. But, the more subtle it is, the more peaceful I appear to be. 

I'm also headed to South America near the end of the summer to drink some Ayahuasca, possibly for a prolonged period of time. However long I can stretch the money I have. 

Not so worried lately. 

• Alder Logs likes this

#49 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 12,758 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 July 2018 - 07:25 PM

Nuthin' to worry about (except maybe getting your post #666). :ohmy:

Edited by Alder Logs, 20 July 2018 - 07:26 PM.

• Guy1298 likes this

#50 Guy1298

Guy1298

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 767 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 July 2018 - 02:15 AM

An omen for my travels!  :biggrin:

#51 Guy1298

Guy1298

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 767 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 July 2018 - 12:57 AM

I don't exist in time. 

That's a hard one, but seeing it has never failed in making me happy.  :biggrin:

The difficult thing about it is, I guess, that seeing it occurs as an obvious thing. How can you show someone something that is obvious, though counterintuitive? And, by counterintuitive, I also mean counter to mind. Impossible, unless they give up their mind. But, who would give up their mind? 

Seeing this also communicates that there is no need to fix anything. If I don't exist in time, nobody does. But, I am not that which fixes and doesn't fix. And I'm not everyone else. I am apart from morality and immorality. 

It's a great little happiness. Eternal. 

Edited by Guy1298, 24 July 2018 - 12:58 AM.

• Alder Logs likes this

#52 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 12,758 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 July 2018 - 11:21 AM

When a superior man hears of the Tao,
he immediately begins to embody it.
When an average man hears of the Tao,
he half believes it, half doubts it.
When a foolish man hears of the Tao,
he laughs out loud.
If he didn't laugh,
it would not be the Tao.

Thus it is said:
The path into the light seems dark,
the path forward seems to go back,
the direct path seems long,
true power seems weak,
true purity seems tarnished,
true steadfastness seems changeable,
true clarity seems obscure,
the greatest care seems unsophisticated,
the greatest love seems indifferent,
the greatest wisdom seems childish.

The Tao is nowhere to be found.
Yet it nourishes and completes all things.

Edited by Alder Logs, 24 July 2018 - 11:23 AM.

• darci and Guy1298 like this

#53 darci

darci

snarky butt monkey

• OG VIP
  • 1,161 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 July 2018 - 08:55 PM

I'd like to apologize for using this forum as an anxious journal from time to time. Hopefully, it hasn't bothered anyone. :)

You could not possibly be more guilty of this than I am.  If they haven't burned me at the stake yet, you are probably safe.

• Alder Logs and Guy1298 like this

#54 BallisticMystic

BallisticMystic

Refunded Supporter

• Banned Member
  • 85 posts

Posted 28 July 2018 - 09:05 PM

Hmm, like you said no nailing Jello to a wall.

Freeze it, drill a hole thru it to make nailing easier and viola!

Where there's a will there's a way :)

#55 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 12,758 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 July 2018 - 11:06 PM

Identified as a body, burning at the stake stays within the realm of possibility.   Identified as a mind, the possibility can loom large in time.  We are free to snap out of it at any instant.  Where could any guilt lie?  Ponder that.

Edited by Alder Logs, 28 July 2018 - 11:09 PM.

#56 BallisticMystic

BallisticMystic

Refunded Supporter

• Banned Member
  • 85 posts

Posted 28 July 2018 - 11:28 PM

Guy

This thread was actually a good read, at least the parts where people used their own words. I also think we all visit forums in order to project ourselves onto a larger or different canvas than what's available to us locally. Thank you for sharing :)

Here's my two cents and you're only paying that if you go VIP

You're WAY overthinking everything. It has the effect of chasing what you're after away rather than drawing it toward you. You have to at the very least give your mind a window or door thru all that chatter. I'm guessing you haven't done it yet but for non frequent shroomers it usually takes 4.5-5 grams to sort of force an entirely different experience. The problem in doing amounts between say 3.5 and 4.5 grams is your objective reality is getting scrambled and the more scrambled it gets the more your false ego tries to hold on, because it can only exist in objective reality. What happens is you can't let go because of fear and social programming, but you can't quite hang on either.

Taking a threshold dose more or less forces you to let go, you're entire reality is disintegrating and you along with it. There's not a damned thing you can do about it nor do you even know what to do about it. It is very likely the most intense experience you will ever have, to go thru what we call death while you're still what we call alive. You'll understand why I said that once you've done it. If done right, you will be absolutely convinced you're dying, and you are in a virtual sense, there is no discernable difference between the real and virtual experience. What happens next is beyond belief, in a word... Life.There will be people on the other side, people that know you better than you know yourself because they ARE you. Those people will help you understand not only who you are but who WE are.

At first you won't understand anything and if you try to take back details of your experience you WILL lose them before you can get them back to objective reality. The details aren't important anyway, that's why they go poof. Instead, try to take back the impression the experience left on you. This is easier because it leaves a dent that will remain after the experience. Don't worry, it's the good kind of dent and your subconscious will fill you in over time. It will probably take a few trips before your inner tribe learns your language, but they will if you persist and then it's just like talking to another person across the table from you. The biggest difference is there are no misconceptions or wrong impressions, it's pure communication.

Make no mistake, this opens a door between life and death and once opened it cannot be closed. You can't just forget what you've learned, it leaves that much of an impression on you. Your subconscious is unlikely to let you go there if you're not ready to open that door and most people aren't, but collectively we are so that changes things a bit.

You will be communicating with Daemons, if the notion of that bothers you then stick to whatever makes you feel safe. If safe has gotten a little stale then this MIGHT be for you. These are the intelligences that make up our subconscious mind and they are responsible for governing all the automated processes within us as well as our external reality. They have been called genii, logos, gods, angels, demons, aliens, spirits, etc but they are all the same thing. Together they make up our subconscious. We have a physical body, a mental body and a spiritual body, the subconscious is our mental body or "imagination". It's where all of our intelligence and creativity resides, if you want to know anything that's a REALLY good place to start.

Don't buy into the new age bullshit of having to do something extraordinary. You don't have to wade in the Ganges, or hike a hundred miles into the wilderness naked and afraid, or trust in anyone who may or not be a "shaman". Your subconscious is the "home" of every shaman or priest that's ever existed, there's no contest which is the better teacher. Stop looking for knowledge and understanding in the wrong direction and look inward. There are NO books or YouTube videos that will or can teach you about this stuff, it HAS to come thru your own subconscious.

Here's what you actually do need:

Any place where you feel comfortable and safe and are 100% sure you won't be disturbed in the next 6 hours. I can drive 6 hours after doing a threshold dose with no issues, so if you're in a house with other people all you need is 6 hours with the place to yourself. If you want to enjoy the afterglow unmolested, make it 8 hours.

Your physical environment doesn't really matter, it's going to disintegrate in about 30 minutes anyway. You will be a completely different you in a completely different reality. Don't worry, the very worst that can happen is some minor frustration while you struggle to understand what you're experiencing. Your mind WILL sort it out. The problem is navigation is intuitive but we're not. There are times when our mind has to overcome some kind of cognitive dissonance to resolve this, but it always does.

It helps to fast, but it's not necessary. Eating will "color" the experience but so does everything else. I prefer to fast or eat very light the day of the trip and then eat like a horse when I come out of it. In a weird way digesting a lot of food seems to help in digesting what you've just experienced. It actually takes weeks to digest what happens in 3-4 hours which is why I wait at least two weeks between trips. Minimum, it takes my body a week to recover from the sheer intensity of the experience, and then another week for it to prepare for the next launch. Pray you don't have to hold down a real job if you want to pursue this fervently.

Hydrate. When pushed to its limits the brain goes thru chlorine faster than a Beverly Hills pool boy and your body needs water to produce it. It doesn't hurt that most municipal tap water is chlorinated. If you don't hydrate you're probably going to feel like a raisin in the desert before it's over. Start doing this at least 6-8 hours before your trip, don't wait until you're on the launch pad. There's nothing more frustrating than having to pee when your toilet is in another reality.

Make a tea, don't try to choke down 5+ grams of dried shrooms. For one thing, it's nasty. It also takes time to digest that many shrooms and you really want it to hit you all at once. Boil 12oz of water, powder shrooms in a coffee grinder and add to just boiled water. Let steep until luke warm, strain, add an ounce or two of lemon juice and down the hatch. It goes a little quicker if you use a strainer you can squeeze, I use a nylon mesh paint strainer and then let it drip thru a coffee filter. You don't have to drink the sludge, again that's just nasty.

I have several ways of getting past the wall of fear when it's coming on. One is a shot of tequila, another is taking my mind off it by thinking of something sexually arousing. This is pretty much the only distraction strong enough to hold up until reality goes full melt. The third way is to simply go to sleep. If you do it right when you get the yawnies you can get away with it, otherwise it's pretty hard to do because your senses are on overload.

Don't overthink it and don't worry, just go thru the motions and let it happen. Trust your subconscious daemons, they were programmed by YOU before you came into this state of ignorance to get you thru exactly what you're going thru right now :)

Give yourself a break, regroup, and approach it with a little better idea of what you're after and what you're in for. If it's for you, I guarantee it's worth it a thousand times over :)

Edited by BallisticMystic, 29 July 2018 - 01:39 AM.

• Guy1298 likes this

#57 BallisticMystic

BallisticMystic

Refunded Supporter

• Banned Member
  • 85 posts

Posted 28 July 2018 - 11:30 PM

Identified as a body, burning at the stake stays within the realm of possibility.   Identified as a mind, the possibility can loom large in time.  We are free to snap out of it at any instant.  Where could any guilt lie?  Ponder that.

Make it a little more coherent and I'll consider it :)

Thats' just some lucid gibberish, bring it home brother :)

#58 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 12,758 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 July 2018 - 10:05 AM

BM, you are just a little bit new on the scene here, and there is no one-size-fits-all prescription.   For one thing, before your judgments, Guy is a pretty experienced being, and steers his own ship.  He has been sharing here with us for years in many threads.  Like all of us, he is a work in progress.   More, he is loved and cared for by some of us who have come along with him over time.  

Also, your response to my post, which was obviously addressed to Darci, carries another thread of history which hasn't involved you, and perhaps will or won't land as any particular grade of gibberish with her.   A seeming lack of coherence may be due to the fact it is a stream of communications that started before the ninth of this month when you registered here.  

I don't mind if you come into some other thread and dispute my theories about gravity and physics, because that's fair game.  It's just bullshit there, as highfalutin as bullshit gets, but still bullshit.  But as far as telling any of us how it is, perhaps you should show us for a while before you start telling us.   In the context here, I don't feel it's out of line that I might quote the words of masters such as Mooji or Lao Tsu.  I am sorry if not using my own words degraded the dialog for you.  When I did quote here, it was because those words were true to my own experience, and were called to mind in the course of the thread. 

And if Guy isn't currently of VIP status, that doen't mean he has no investment in this community.  

So, put your feet up and set a spell.   Slow down and kind of get the lay of the land.

• coorsmikey, Skywatcher, Guy1298 and 1 other like this

#59 BallisticMystic

BallisticMystic

Refunded Supporter

• Banned Member
  • 85 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 11:46 PM

BM, you are just a little bit new on the scene here, and there is no one-size-fits-all prescription.   For one thing, before your judgments, Guy is a pretty experienced being, and steers his own ship.  He has been sharing here with us for years in many threads.  Like all of us, he is a work in progress.   More, he is loved and cared for by some of us who have come along with him over time.  

Also, your response to my post, which was obviously addressed to Darci, carries another thread of history which hasn't involved you, and perhaps will or won't land as any particular grade of gibberish with her.   A seeming lack of coherence may be due to the fact it is a stream of communications that started before the ninth of this month when you registered here.  

I don't mind if you come into some other thread and dispute my theories about gravity and physics, because that's fair game.  It's just bullshit there, as highfalutin as bullshit gets, but still bullshit.  But as far as telling any of us how it is, perhaps you should show us for a while before you start telling us.   In the context here, I don't feel it's out of line that I might quote the words of masters such as Mooji or Lao Tsu.  I am sorry if not using my own words degraded the dialog for you.  When I did quote here, it was because those words were true to my own experience, and were called to mind in the course of the thread. 

And if Guy isn't currently of VIP status, that doen't mean he has no investment in this community.  

So, put your feet up and set a spell.   Slow down and kind of get the lay of the land.

I think you misinterpreted a few things including my intentions but oh well, not gonna argue with the mod hammer :)

#60 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 12,758 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 August 2018 - 10:44 AM

Not pulling any rank with any hammer here.   Unless you are doing a violation (which could easily get past a mod such as I), we're hopefully just telling it like it is, within the context of the thread.  

I was a fan of going large in dosages in another time and place, but we each have to feel that out for ourselves.   Things change over time, and I don't even dose at all anymore.   But I generally love the psychedelicized being, at least the ones the experience brings along in their opening to wisdom.    I grow edible mushrooms in a very low tech way.  I was not suited to the kinds of grows that draw most people here.   But, it was this community that kept me here, though it too changes over time.  Through many of my 71 years, I did partake of varied entheogens.   I honor that experience, but in it, I learned to not prescribe.   I only slightly joke when I say, "Three things I never prescribe: marriage, motorcycles, or psychedelics."   I feel the karma and magnitude of these three is something to be left to each being in line with their unique natures of expression.

• coorsmikey, Juthro and MeadMaker like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!