85 replies to this topic

#81 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 12,758 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 August 2018 - 11:40 PM

But what's there, always there/here, underneath, above, all around, and beyond the limits of any perceived noise? 

The silence that is is not dependent on an opposite.  Tumult cannot define silence.

If we know silence, all is heard.  

==============

Some time ago I heard Rupert Spira say something I thought worth writing down on a post-it note.   Then I put it up in a place I don't often look.   I was the great hunter today, wielding a fly swatter, when I found that note.  It says, "Happiness is peace in motion.  Peace is happiness at rest."

Edited by Alder Logs, 15 August 2018 - 11:46 PM.

• Guy1298 likes this

#82 Guy1298

Guy1298

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 767 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 August 2018 - 01:30 AM

Really incredible.  :biggrin:

#83 Guy1298

Guy1298

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 767 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 August 2018 - 01:25 PM

Becomes clearer and clearer. 

When I first heard of the "witness" idea, I felt that it was wrong and a bit ridiculous. But that's only because I was identifying with what couldn't be a witness, an actor, a thinker, working in and for time. Sort of nuts to identify with that person though. He's living in a not so great place. What's nuts and very sane about this is that the person will fight against this perspective for all time because he won't accept that his life and death aren't real. If I'm that, then I'm fucked. Haha. I'd rather not be fucked, or appear to be fucked. 

The good news is that I'm not that. The difficulties dealing with people that didn't understand this earlier this year make more sense. I wanted them to and might have often thought that they did and I was getting something wrong. I don't think I am getting it wrong though, not anymore. They don't understand because they are what isn't real. It's like asking the person in time that I seemingly am to submit to death. He won't, ever. Everyone I see won't either. Why would they? Maybe when it becomes clear that there's no escape, that "I'm fucked" with an intuitive inkling of "But, I can't be fucked." But, I guess this is better than submitting to death... because nothing dies.  :biggrin:

Edited by Guy1298, 17 August 2018 - 01:30 PM.

• Alder Logs likes this

#84 Guy1298

Guy1298

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 767 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 August 2018 - 05:44 PM

At least that's how it seemed earlier today. 

If I end up in the mental hospital you know why. Haha. I don't think I will though. It seems like simultaneous lives. One that can give everything up, exist in a pure moment, and let whatever happens happen spontaneously and another that is real stressed most of the time worrying about what it can become, accomplish, death, etc. The first doesn't even have the option to accomplish or become anything, doesn't even see death as a possibility. Doesn't see that which can die, except as a figment of the mind. 

But, I think there's something important about the second one and all the second ones. It's like God's entertainment. It is meaning and meaninglessness against a background which is beyond a notion of meaning. It can be pretty shitty for a lot of people. Great for others. Heaven, I imagine. Hell too. Let it be. 

Edited by Guy1298, 17 August 2018 - 05:53 PM.

#85 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 12,758 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 August 2018 - 07:23 PM

If I'm that, then I'm fucked. Haha. I'd rather not be fucked, or appear to be fucked.

I suppose this came from somewhere in the cannons of Dudeism.   This was shot not three hours ago.  I suppose its just a seeming synchronicity.   

post-131808-0-22246500-1534551093.jpg

• Skywatcher and Guy1298 like this

#86 Guy1298

Guy1298

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 767 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 August 2018 - 11:41 PM

It seems so.

At the moment, I've been high all day and the previous day. And previous days to that. At other times, which it seems to me have passed, I have experienced cutting anxiety and unhappiness. It seems to me that this is some transition. I haven't used psychedelics in more than a month. Only been looking at whether I am what I think I am, and more often than not completely rejecting ownership of what I appear to be. 

This is similar to earlier this year. The highs were intense back then, enough to make me really question whether I would crash. And the insights were deep. Enough that I believed I was enlightened. Things were crystal clear, life being taken off my shoulders. It might go that way now. 

Think I'll just read a bit, take a walk, and go to sleep. 

It's sort of funny that when I come across a relatively constant happiness I expect the world to fall apart. Haha. Am I crazy, I ask. Haha.

Edited by Guy1298, 17 August 2018 - 11:51 PM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!